A RainDog Story

Started by keekee71, Mon 13/09/2010 05:37:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Romeo

Thanks everybody for playing the game

Thank you Mahli for your comments and bugs report, although I'd have liked to read a better "feedback" (I mean positive comments too...) :(

Tabata: A thousand thanks for voting the game, for helping the players and for trying to convince them to vote...
If I'll make a new game you'll be the first one to know it

Cheers

Tabata

Quote from: Romeo on Tue 30/11/2010 11:58:15
Tabata: A thousand thanks for voting the game, for helping the players and for trying to convince them to vote...

It was a pleasure.
It's not so easy for everyone to find the „newly added games“-site, because it isn't mentioned in the menue.
So I thought of giving a hint to this also  ;D

Quote from: Romeo on Tue 30/11/2010 11:58:15
If I'll make a new game you'll be the first one to know it

I'll take you up on that - when does it start?   ;)

9cupsoftea

Gorgeous game, I love the aesthetic (I'm a big hopper fan!) and references. I'm finding the pixel-hunt nature of the puzzles is a bit irritating though.

Ok having read the thread I think I can't progress any further. I've brought the bum to the motel, and I know I'm now looking to either ruin the chicken or paint the sign. I can't get the pole straps because the man hasn't left, and it seems like that should have happened way earlier in the game (Previously the man was only half-size! so I think this is a bug.)

Please please make a walkthrough for the game though!

Tabata

... have you also read this (and done it)?

Quote from: Tabata on Tue 23/11/2010 22:39:31
The pole straps will be „avaliable“ after you did other things
Spoiler
Did you get your second job from Mrs. Irving and fullfill it? (getting the check from Mr. Jean)
[close]

EDIT: Sorry, forgot this one:
Quote from: Tabata on Wed 24/11/2010 18:08:41
When I thought about this prob at work, I remembered, that it might be a still missing action, which is possible to do very much earlier. If so, I can't find it without re-playing the whole game, so I'd like to know, if you saw the post-it behind Mrs. Irwing.

It shows a possibility for Tom, to earn a little more money and might be „the key“ for getting this newspaper-reading man away, because you also need those straps to solve that task.
Spoiler
It's about to find the lost ring of your neighbor and getting a reward.
[close]

EDIT:

Yes, that should to the trick!

I had to go to chapter two until I found the man standing at the pole.
After reading
Spoiler
the post-it (and talking about it to Mrs. Irving) I went back to the pole
[close]
and the man was gone ...  :D

So you should be able to go on with the game, after doing this.

9cupsoftea

Yes, I completed the second job, I'm on the third chapter, in which I need to persuade the other two musicians to join my band. I've done all the stuff with mathilda and unless I can 'ruin' the chicken without getting the pole straps I don't see how I can progress.

Tabata

... and also read the post-it?

9cupsoftea

Yeah, I read the post-it to discover the first job. I read it again after seeing someone else with a similar problem and it says something like 'the text has been cleared'. Do you think this is a bug?

Edit: O also, to the person who liked the music in the music shop. I think it's from the 'Elevator to the Gallows' soundtrack by Miles Davis. I might be mistaken though.

Tabata

... so you didn't read the post-it
Spoiler
behind Mrs. Irving.
[close]
- You should do ;)

If you are still stuck after that - it whould be a job for Romeo, but first try this.

9cupsoftea

A-ha! Thanks a ton! That did the trick. I hadn't noticed that post-it before, and I guess I confused it in previous messages with the post it from the booth.

So glad that I can carry on, cheers!

Edit: Christ this game is hard. I'm now stuck trying to get rid of the security guard.

Spoiler
I've got the key to the restaurant, got the handcart from the kid, got the model number of the plane, and modified the member's pass.
[close]

Any hints?

AndyfromVA

I started the game an hour ago and I'm stuck.  I have the wine bottle, score, guitar, wallet, beam, cleaning cloth, nails, town map, gauze.  I got the town map in the subway station but the policeman keeps kicking me out.  What do I do now?

Tabata

Welcome AndyfromVA,

I recommend you first to read this thread, because about most of the problems you can already find hints.

This way you won't have to wait (getting crazy) until someone is online for answering.  ;D

Quote from: Tabata on Wed 06/10/2010 17:44:23
...in this game you have to look very thoroughly everywhere in every scene. It's very tricky sometimes (at least for me). For starting I would recommend you to discover all the accessible parts to get a clue, what to do next. Maybe you should try to find
Spoiler
the alley between hospital and music inn
[close]
Have fun!

But to get you more on the road, you should try finding a job/money. So don't forget to search/ask everywhere for this possibilities also
Spoiler
Sometimes you find very interesting posts in phone booths   ;)
[close]

AndyfromVA

Quote from: Tabata on Fri 03/12/2010 19:23:23
Welcome AndyfromVA,

I recommend you first to read this thread, because about most of the problems you can already find hints.

This way you won't have to wait (getting crazy) until someone is online for answering.  ;D

Quote from: Tabata on Wed 06/10/2010 17:44:23
...in this game you have to look very thoroughly everywhere in every scene. It's very tricky sometimes (at least for me). For starting I would recommend you to discover all the accessible parts to get a clue, what to do next. Maybe you should try to find
Spoiler
the alley between hospital and music inn
[close]
Have fun!

But to get you more on the road, you should try finding a job/money. So don't forget to search/ask everywhere for this possibilities also
Spoiler
Sometimes you find very interesting posts in phone booths   ;)
[close]

Thanks, I read the thread and it didn't help me.  I recall that hint about the alley but I searched for it but couldn't find it.  Oh well, time to look again.

Tabata

If you are standing near the entrance of the musicians of the music in
Spoiler
a little left of the door you can go to the right behind the house in the alley
[close]

AndyfromVA

Quote from: Tabata on Fri 03/12/2010 20:04:29
If you are standing near the entrance of the musicians of the music in
Spoiler
a little left of the door you can go to the right behind the house in the alley
[close]

Thanks.  I'm at the point now where I've shaved, but I can't wash my clothes because I have no change.  I'm stuck.

Tabata

Did you get a job, like I told about?

If you earn some money, you can for example
Spoiler
buy a ticket, repair your guitar ....
[close]
but first there have to be solved some other probs during your job ;D

AndyfromVA

Quote from: Tabata on Fri 03/12/2010 21:13:55
Did you get a job, like I told about?

If you earn some money, you can for example
Spoiler
buy a ticket, repair your guitar ....
[close]
but first there have to be solved some other probs during your job ;D

Okay, I bought the ticket, repaired the guitar, washed my clothes.  The store owner won't talk to me about a new job.  I can't do anything in Music Inn except sit at the table and drink water.

I'm stuck again - what do I do?

Tabata

Well, she will give you a second job, but not now - call back later there.

I don't know, what you have in your inventory and I can guess only, that you are still in chapter one (would be helpfull, not to send you in the wrong direction), but let's try something else:

It seems, that you didn't talk
Spoiler
(again) to the waitress for to get informations (they have a stage and Tom can play guitar â€" job?).
[close]

And there should be another possibility to get some money (but maybe you did this already?).
Spoiler
Did you see (and read) the post it behind Mrs. Irving? Talk about it to her and and try to solve this.
[close]

Hope one of this hints will help a bit.

AndyfromVA

Quote from: Tabata on Sat 04/12/2010 18:05:48
Well, she will give you a second job, but not now - call back later there.

I don't know, what you have in your inventory and I can guess only, that you are still in chapter one (would be helpfull, not to send you in the wrong direction), but let's try something else:

It seems, that you didn't talk
Spoiler
(again) to the waitress for to get informations (they have a stage and Tom can play guitar â€" job?).
[close]

And there should be another possibility to get some money (but maybe you did this already?).
Spoiler
Did you see (and read) the post it behind Mrs. Irving? Talk about it to her and and try to solve this.
[close]

Hope one of this hints will help a bit.

Sorry, neither hint helps me.
Spoiler
The waitress tells me she can't give me permission to play
[close]
And also
Spoiler
I didn't see any post it behind Mrs. Irving.  There's nothing behind her and she's not talking to me any more.
[close]
Maybe I did something earlier that screwed up the game?

Tabata

As I told you before:
I don't know, what you have in your inventory and I can guess only, where you are now if you don't tell a bit more.

But for now stay with the waitress and ask her more.
If she is „shy“, think about what they often do in films to get more informations from staff.
Spoiler
How about a little tip for her to remember ?
[close]

The other hint was too early for you now, so next time do not only tell about your prob. Please also list your inventory-items, or you (and me) will only become more confused.  ::)

Good luck for now.

no roads

Quote from: keekee71 on Wed 22/09/2010 03:00:20
Ok how do i get in the window with the stripper. I try to reach He says I can't reach it! Then i try to use things on it and He says i daon't have to do anything more with window cause i can reach it! What's up can someone help me Tried to walk and everything Nothing.
keekee71, are you referring to the window above the bouncer?  I'm stuck there too!  I read a hint about using the box on the upper level...but there's no hotspot higher than the shop roof I can find. When I try using the box on either the house roof or the shop roof, there's no reply.  Used box on Tom and he said he didn't know how to use it.  I used the wood beam to span the 2 roofs, but when I walk about halfway across the shop roof the bouncer stops Tom, saying he'll call the police.  Same when I try to just walk to the window hotspot. 
Bleeding Romeo,
Great game, by the way! One other problem-the game crashes when I try to grab the handicap sticker, both before and after using steam on it.  I get an error message about room3.asc line 989-Face character:characters in different rooms. I downloaded & extracted the game again (reusing the old saves which were in a different folder) and same problem.  Please help, I really want to finish playing.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk