Gray

Started by Fitz, Wed 22/09/2010 15:26:07

Previous topic - Next topic

ThreeOhFour

Fitz

Joelphilippage: Funny, I read an article today about aliens controlling our minds ;)

Ben304: Graycias ;) Today's update wasn't all that much to look at - but I'm just trying to avoid spoilers. And saving the most precious eye-candy for the players to see in the game itself when it's done and out :)

Edit: I couldn't help myself! I posted the image of the location that song is for :D

cianty

Ha ha, those are really cool animations! I love the style and feel of this.
ca. 70% completed

Fitz

Yes, it's been 6 months since the last update - but the game's still alive! Check the original post for news and two new screenshots :)

ThreeOhFour

Love those character and scenery animations!

Matti

Yeah, nice animations. And that's one cute alien..

Sephiroth

The palette/characters are just so fun you can't go wrong. And I've witnessed how much love has been poured into this game, attention to details and animations are just awsome!

Of course I'll do my best to help and I hope you'll be able to focus on creativity and stop worrying about coding issues ;)

Fitz

Ben304: Those were so much fun to make, especially the farmer's idle animations (there's half a dozen of them already and there'll be more!).

Matti: He LOOKS cute. But trust me, he ISN'T ;D And huge thanks to you and Khris, as well, for really helping me out a bunch of times.

Sephiroth: It's the awesome help and encouragement that I get from all you guys that inspires me and makes me want to give something back by making Gray as enjoyable for the players as I can :) And even in spite of some obstacles here and there, it's tons of fun to make :D

hedgefield

The game looks amazing Fitz! Color palette kinda reminds me of !. Looking forward to playing this one. :)

Takyon

I really love the graphics of this. can't wait to play it.
ghost.

Tabata

I'm not really sure if I like the game being a side-scroller of a kind with a walkable area of only one pixel thick and the character only walking to the left and right, but I like both characters you created and the animations.

What makes me curious, is that you promised: „ ... believe me, I have CRAZY ideas ...“. 
I think, you catched me with this â€" so I am looking forward to try it  ;D

Can you tell something about the puzzles (which kind of will be included) and the controls?

Fitz

Hedgefield: Bingo! ! was definitely an inspiration here in terms of wild color themes and limited color palettes. And It was actually through Ben's games that I found AGS.

Slightly: Thanks! Can't say when it'll be out, but we're all working on it :) I'll try to keep everyone posted on the progress of the game :)

Tabata: Don't worry, it's going to be a regular adventure game, not a platformer/arcade game. What I meant by "side-scroller" is just the fact that the character only walks left and right along a flat landscape (because I was too lazy to draw the walkables for "up" and "down" - but then I had to draw them anyway! Haha!). Otherwise, he'll do everything an adventure game character does: talk to people (and not only people!), pick up objects, look and comment on things around him, have an inventory, use stuff on other stuff, give stuff to people, etc :) Just an ordinary game, you see. OK, maybe not THAT ordinary - or at least I hope so ;)

Fitz

And so another 5 months have passed since I last posted an update... But the game's still alive and developing nicely, if a little slowly. Here are two little screens from the game's intro:

Gray eyeing Earth with a sinister spark in his eyes...

Klaatu barada nikto!

Btw, anyone heard from Sephiroth lately? Can't get in touch with him since... June? I just hope he's ok...

Igor Hardy

Looks very good and unique and I'm happy to hear you're going forward with it!

Gudforby

Glad to hear the game is still alive. I'm looking forward to giving it a try when it's finished!

NickyNyce

This looks very nice. As you can guess, I too like little aliens. Everything looks really well done, all the animations look great too. It's good to see that you have most of the backgrounds done...what a great feeling that is.

Hope to see this soon.

Nickynyce

m0ds

Aliens are obviously the in thing this fall at AGS  8)

Looks great!

Fitz

Ascovel: Thanks :) Things are moving forward in phases - intense work every day for as long as I can handle, then some time off for as long as my conscience lets me :P - but it's progressing :)

Gudforby: I'll do my best not to keep you waiting forever for that to happen. Can't say when I'll finish it, but I hope it's not going to take another year. I'd say late winter. But of course quality comes first, so I don't wanna rush it, either.

NickyNyce: Yeah, isn't he cute and cuddly? ;) But that's just appearances ;D As far as the progress in the graphics departmens is concerned, backgrounds didn't take that much time to make. It's more about animations and cutscenes. But I'd like to think I'm far more than halfway through and done with the most challenging parts.

Mods: So it looks like I was ahead of my times, because I started working on the game last fall ;)

Knoodn

Good to see your game is progressing.

I'm looking forward to see this grey little fellow's trip to earth.

Mr.Dream

A new for this pretty game? *.*

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk