Dig in, Minecraft [AGSCraft server] BACK ONLINE!

Started by Peder 🚀, Fri 24/09/2010 03:35:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Peder 🚀

Please help keeping the server online by donating some of your hard earned cash:

Please provide your minecraft username when donating!

Anyone else here come over this game?
If not I highly recommend having a look:

http://www.minecraft.net/

AGSCraft Server:
217.174.240.177:6668

IMPORTANT!
Feel free to sign up on the site http://agscraft.agsarchives.com/

Suggested texture packs
Quandary

Official website
http://agscraft.agsarchives.com/

Cartographies can be found here:
NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Previous worlds can be found here:
NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Server administrators
Arnjeir - Peder Johnsen

blueskirt

A friend of mine set a sandbox server earlier this summer. We all got addicted for a whole month, visiting other people stuff everyday and building our own. It was pretty cool. I did not play the survival mode, and since I ran out of idea for things to build, I don't think I will.

Ryan Timothy B

Yeah, I've played it a bit. It gets quite boring after the first few hours pass by. Then ya start to wonder why you're even playing still.
Then for the next few days or weeks I thought about the game, start playing for an hour or so and then quit and delete the level. I've probably done this over a dozen times now.

I usually just find the first half hour to hour the funnest part of the game. Setting up where to have a house, building your weapons and armor, etc.
Then it becomes mighty boring for me.

Best thing about the game is that it gives me some pretty weird dreams.

Anian

I don't want the world, I just want your half

blueskirt

Ryan: Yeah, the game is different if you play it alone or with friends. Alone, when I was done building my house, I was ready to call it a day. With friends it changes entirely. You visit their creations, they visit yours, you inspire each others, you build stuff together, you hide secrets and search others' secrets...

By the end of the month we had houses, 5 castles, pirate ship, a corner of the map full of video games sprites and references, a downtown area, a graveyard, a giant tree and an entire menagerie of giant animals and dinosaurs, more stuff build underground and roads, bridges and tunnels linking all our stuff. Depending how creative you and your friends are, it can be really addictive.

Wyz

I've been playing it recently, the classic version though. Would be nice If someone was to setup a server somewhere so AGSers could collaborate building a world. Sounds like fun (and a tad dangerous ;D).
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

Paper Carnival

I got it, and I really need to stop playing because I have a certain amount of assignments due this week.

Peder 🚀

Quote from: Wyz on Sat 25/09/2010 16:22:28
I've been playing it recently, the classic version though. Would be nice If someone was to setup a server somewhere so AGSers could collaborate building a world. Sounds like fun (and a tad dangerous ;D).

server infos now in first post....

Sadly its for the alpha version (as I can't play within a browser and the classic doesn't seem to allow any downloadable version?) and only allows 5 8 people atm. Also not sure how often I will have it online as it is on the same server as agsarchives.com and Ne)(us.

I really need a new computer because it can't handle the awesome GFX in this game... (REALLY lol).

Wyz

Cool!

The server for classic can be downloaded here. I've tried it, it produces an url and can be set to private so it does not show in the server list on the Minecraft site.

Btw for people with chrome if you notice slow downs let me know, I know a fix :D
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

Peder 🚀

Quote from: Wyz on Sat 25/09/2010 21:07:27
The server for classic can be downloaded here. I've tried it, it produces an url and can be set to private so it does not show in the server list on the Minecraft site.

Yeah, I knew about that :).
I was talking about a downloadable client as the game just crashed my browser when trying to play it.

[edit]
Actually Classic one works ok in my browser, seems it was just the Alpha that kept messing it up :P.

To bad the classic don't have all the cool functions of the Alpha. I prefer making euqipment gathering materials etc myself to build stuff rather than have it all in my inventory allready..

Domino

Quote from: anian on Sat 25/09/2010 09:17:12
It makes for some funny videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnjSWPxJxNs

I was laughing my ass off watching that. Thanks.  :)

Peder 🚀

Matti

Haha, this made me literally laugh out loud, not bad.

Buckethead

I tried the free classic version online and had fun building a house under the ground. However it was kind of anoing when I got back on the server and someone had dug a hole in the ground which flood my house. Anyway I'm thinking about buying the full version as it seems alot more fun.

btw, the rollercoaster mine cart video on the homepage sold it for me!  ;D

Evil

I can't convince myself that it's worth paying for. The free builder was fun, but is there enough to do and enough inventory options that it's worth the $10?

Darth Mandarb

I've played the free-form one for a bit ... it's oddly satisfying.

I am not going to devote this much time playing it ... even though that's really freakin' cool.

blueskirt

Evil: I have the feeling that just like Dwarf Fortress, it's the kind of game that will keep getting updated and more stuff will be added. You can always wait until there is enough stuff to worth 10 bucks.

Peder 🚀

Quote from: blueskirt on Wed 29/09/2010 12:56:59
You can always wait until there is enough stuff to worth 10 bucks.

But then the game might allready cost its full price and not the 50% off it is now!

Arboris

Best 10 bucks I spend this year, that's for sure.

Concept shooter. Demo version 1.05

SinSin

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Tue 28/09/2010 19:53:46
I've played the free-form one for a bit ... it's oddly satisfying.

I am not going to devote this much time playing it ... even though that's really freakin' cool.

HOLY SHIT!!!
Currently working on a project!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk