Dig in, Minecraft [AGSCraft server] BACK ONLINE!

Started by Peder 🚀, Fri 24/09/2010 03:35:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Arboris

Concept shooter. Demo version 1.05

Calin Leafshade

heres the carto directory:

http://minecraft.agsarchives.com/

you'll be able to access all the cartos of the worlds in there all nicely datestamped

Anian

I didn't buy the game, just played it for a couple of hours one time, but by the look of that map, I think it's time for somebody to build an underground castle/world/kingdom/land of the lost/rollercoaster.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Ryan Timothy B

What's with the sporadic choppiness of the lower left side of the map? Did the world have the shits for a moment?

Edit:
The server seems to have lagged out on me. I can't seem to properly connect anymore. I end up in a rock and can't even move back to spawn.
And before I had to leave, it was glitching out, which is why I left in the first place.

Peder 🚀

I could delete your player file but that will make you loose everything in your inventory I believe..
But you will start at the spawn point.

Give a shout, could also connect at the same time as me or Calin and see if we are able to move you.

Dualnames

What does a man exactly need to join the great server?
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Arboris

Could I also request a nighttime isometric render calin?

Pretty please?

Peder 🚀

Quote from: Dualnames on Mon 18/10/2010 17:00:46
What does a man exactly need to join the great server?

A copy of Minecraft http://www.minecraft.net/prepurchase.jsp
Then you just need to connect ;)

Darth Mandarb

Are we down?  I haven't been able to login for some time ... I need me my [minecraft] fix dammit!! ;)

Calin Leafshade

Darth Mandarb

Something went very wrong :(  Everything is fubar ... did we get sabotaged somehow?  1/2 of what I built is still there, but then 1/2 looks like there was a file corruption (or something).  Some things I dug out days ago are back (including torches I had used while "Digging")

It's like the current file mated with an older file or something....

OneDollar

Looks like some chunks have reverted to an older state. One (I think 16x16xprobably 128) area we were building last night has completely gone, yet part of a tunnel I dug is still there. Not got my hopes up of you being able to restore it though :(

Calin Leafshade

hmm everything looks as i remember it.

Sorry if you've lost stuff. I would guess that when the server fell over it stopped recording your changes to disk and only made the changes in memory.

Darth Mandarb

I'm guessing this is an issue w/ the program (minecraft) itself rather than the server.  Because things were ... reverted?... to a previous state.  I had made tunnel w/ a large road leading out of my walls.  The wall where the tunnel had been carved was solid but when I climbed over the wall and headed to where the tunnel came out of the hill the road/tunnel were still there.  So I just had to do a little blastin... er ... digging to reconnect the two.

Either way I was able to get back most of what I had lost so it's not too big a deal but it was annoying that it was necessary.  I think this is probably just one of the joys of using [paying for] alpha software.

Peder 🚀

12 Hours ago the creator of Minecraft noted that "Minecraft.net is suffering a major DDOS attack".
Which seems to be the reason why AGSCraft currently has no active players and we can't seem to login!
Appearantly his ISP is looking at it now so hopefully this will be sorted!

Go here to keep updated:
http://twitter.com/notch

Also does anyone know how to snatch twitter status updates from a user onto a website? (Was thinking of adding 5 last status updates from notch on the agscraft site).
(I could probably find out quickly but I am currently heavy in work with other stuff so thought I'd ask here first :))

Also for those of you who enjoy playing on the AGSCraft server there is now possible to help keep the server online by donating on our page:
http://minecraft.agsarchives.com

Peder.

straydogstrut

Haven't tried it myself yet and I use Wordpress so there's probably a WP widget around anyway, but a quick Google gave me this:

http://mashable.com/2010/06/09/twitter-update-display-resources/

After some examples, the resources section has links to some tools/tutorials. The first is the official Twitter widget. Just put in the username, fiddle with the settings, test it, and grab the code:

http://twitter.com/goodies/widget_profile

Yay for donations!

Peder 🚀

Added a quickly made one with Minecraft tweets.

Will be sorting out something better later on :P.

Arboris

Darth Mandarb

I have created Darthville ... There is some HOT real-estate available for those who can find it and stake their claim!  Property is available for the price of FREE and is on a first come, first serve basis!  Create your own domicile in this unique community!

There are some rules/guidelines for Darthville (duh, it's me!)

1) Do not build outside the defined plots (Plots A-L)
2) Do not build higher than two levels (attics are okay but the roof cannot be higher than the surrounding walls)
3) ONLY build on the "lettered" plots.  All other areas are zoned for city planning!
4) Sorry about this one but no basements :(  (I am planning a HUGE subterranean subway type thing eventually)
5) Pretty please don't alter the walls or other pre-built areas (add on/to, remove, digout, etc) just stick to the plots!
6) Super pretty-please don't build w/ obsidian ... if you build something I must take down I'd rather not have to spend 5 hours doing so :)

Location: AGSCraft Server, from the spawn-point just head N/E and look for the sign:

Don't miss this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!  Stake your claim in Darthville today!!

There are community chests FULL of materials you can use for your building endeavors.  They are located on the elevated area by the aqueduct!  Just don't take the last of any one element or the community will hunt you down like Freddy Kreuger!!!  Also, don't build up there, just in the plots!! ;)

Arboris

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk