Dig in, Minecraft [AGSCraft server] BACK ONLINE!

Started by Peder 🚀, Fri 24/09/2010 03:35:59

Previous topic - Next topic

straydogstrut

Ha, that's brilliant Darth!=)

I had planned to start a city of my own after the Halloween update (since presumably the server will have to be reset) but you beat me to it.

Chances are I won't be able to find Darthville before all the plots are gone since my orientation goes to hell as soon as I enter Minecraft, but i'll come and have a look. If you need to shift any dirt i'm happy to oblige.

Crimson Wizard

This all looks like a very funny thing; but can someone give me a briefing about how this works? Sorry if I was too lazy to seek around for explanations.
My three main questions are:
- what should I download/register/buy to "play" this? (well, almost got this one myself)
- what is the point of the game (along with building fancy structures)?
- are you editing same "world" here? I saw some maps on http://minecraft.agsarchives.com. Can I participate somehow?

Calin Leafshade

You must also post 2 in game screenshots of your house, once built.

Arboris

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Sat 23/10/2010 21:19:31
This all looks like a very funny thing; but can someone give me a briefing about how this works? Sorry if I was too lazy to seek around for explanations.
My three main questions are:
- what should I download/register/buy to "play" this? (well, almost got this one myself)
- what is the point of the game (along with building fancy structures)?
- are you editing same "world" here? I saw some maps on http://minecraft.agsarchives.com. Can I participate somehow?

1. go to http://minecraft.net/ , make an account here, and then you can buy the game
2. There is no point in this game other then do what you want. Single play has monsters to slay, multiplay doesnt  (yet)
3. Yes, we're editing the same world. The server is posted on the first page.

Concept shooter. Demo version 1.05

blueskirt

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Crimson Wizard

Umm, Darth, I was walking around your village with some other guys and occasionally got into the moat and couldn't get out because the fence, so I had to put few wooden steps.... hope you'll find a way to remove them while not getting stuck in the moat... I don't know how to make fence myself yet, so I did not destroy a section.

straydogstrut

Plot F claimed, although i'm still deciding on a style. Also wood flooring and an open fire = not a good idea=S

Any plans to open up the other exits?

Peder 🚀

I expect there are 2 special plots reserved for the administrators there? ::)

Crimson Wizard

I got a really small hut now, to the east from Darth's palace with golden roof. It is barely seen on map behind the trees :)

Arboris

most stuff is connected by roads, Darthville however, isn't (yet)

Darth Mandarb

I will be connecting Darthville to the main road very soon!

Damien

I noticed some builds like DDQ's wall had holes punched in them (fixed now). Did the map get corrupted or was it someone having fun?

straydogstrut

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Sun 24/10/2010 15:17:50
I will be connecting Darthville to the main road very soon!

There are roads?

Oh. I see them now. I also see that they run nowhere near me=(

That's my next project I think!

Crimson Wizard

Game acts terribly unstable lately: every couple mins or so it drops framerate till zero, then crashes :/

Damien

Looks like an issue with the main site, minecraft.net is also down.

straydogstrut

Yeah, my client won't even log in now saying minecraft.net is down=(

Crimson Wizard

seems to be back now .... maybe

Yeah, it playes, no more issues so far, and site is accessible once again.

Arboris

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk