Dig in, Minecraft [AGSCraft server] BACK ONLINE!

Started by Peder 🚀, Fri 24/09/2010 03:35:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Crimson Wizard

Dire news: since 30th october patch all torches will die over time (could be ignited again by the use of the lighter though); which means one should replace all the torches on important positions by lamps (new light source intoduced in the same patch).

http://minecraft.net/boo

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: Arboris on Tue 26/10/2010 12:44:18Still empty lots in Darthville!

I think the real-estate wasn't quite as "hot" as I anticipated :P

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Tue 26/10/2010 17:50:19Dire news: since 30th october patch all torches will die over time (could be ignited again by the use of the lighter though); which means one should replace all the torches on important positions by lamps (new light source intoduced in the same patch).

I think this doesn't matter much though 'cause the new patch, as I understand it, would require resetting the server anyway.  So all the work we've done would be lost with the patch.

On a minecraft note here... I took a walk around AGS land last night.  It's really cool what we've created there.  Very neat stuff.

By the way, who is/was building that submarine I found out in the middle of nowhere?

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Tue 26/10/2010 18:58:03
I think this doesn't matter much though 'cause the new patch, as I understand it, would require resetting the server anyway.  So all the work we've done would be lost with the patch.
Oh no :( isn't there a way to save this? It would be a shame if we'll have to start all over with every new patch.

Peder 🚀

We were supposed to generate a new world every sunday anyway :P. It is not untill everything works good there will be any point NOT generating new worlds often imo.

straydogstrut

Quote from: Peder Johnsen on Tue 26/10/2010 20:27:26
We were supposed to generate a new world every sunday anyway :P. It is not untill everything works good there will be any point NOT generating new worlds often imo.

Yeah I thought that was the plan but it didn't seem to happen. I like what we've got so far - Darthville is full of brilliant ideas - but I don't see that we can't make it even better next time around=)

And now for the news:

Cowboy Builders Provoke Town Council's Wrath

Darthvillians awoke to a most disturbing sight this morning when it transpired that a band of rogue builders had snuck in during the night and added their own 'improvements' to the town. Seemingly keen to see Darthville connected to the main thoroughfare, the group have extended the existing North Entrance bridge and tunnelled out the Western entrance to put Darthville's name firmly on the map.

The new addition certainly makes life easier for visitors to Darthville who, until now, had to cross fields and rivers to reach the Town, however the group clearly avoided filing the appropriate planning documentation. This reporter can't help but wonder what the Mayor's reaction will be?

Surprisingly, given the amount of earth moved, there were no witnesses to the event, however we managed to track down one member of the group - a rather scruffy looking mutt - who when questioned, said: "..me and the Wizard, you know, we just came together at the right time." And when asked if there were there any problems, he added: "Well, we had some plumbing trouble, yeah, getting round that castle, but luckily the Doctor helped us out. Always handy to have a doctor around, y'know?"

There was barely time to catch another word as he set off again, diamond shovel in hand, for the green hills beyond Darthville. Will we see the trio return or will our beloved Mayor bring the righteous power of the Sith down upon them? More news, as it happens.

A. Nonymous
(Un)Official Darthville News Correspondent

;-)

Calin Leafshade

this is why you dont give Dave Gilbert nice things... or dynamite.

Crimson Wizard

ahah, nice shot, me with my half-destroyed house; damn  :=

Dave Gilbert

When you play in a small window at the lowest resolution because the game overheats your computer, dynamite looks surprisingly like brick!  It was only later when I saw the pixels written on the side were actually letters spelling TNT. 

I found a whole bunch of it in the Darthville community chest, so I built the whole second level of my house with it.  I placed one block out of place, then used another block of the same type to remove it. Then it started smoking.  Five seconds later... BOOM.

Um.  Sorry?

Darth Mandarb

That's just too funny!

Has the situation been remedied?  I can't login for some reason...

straydogstrut

Ha that's brilliant!

I also play in lo-res which, looking at Calin's screenie, is a decidedly less than spectacular way to see Minecraft. Still, I like the retro feel=)

P.S. I logged in just fine now. Try again maybe?

IndieBoy

First mechanical addition to AGS minecraft?

Water lift.
Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

Domino

The other night when I was playing, I started working on a decent, but small house on the beach. (Single Player)

I decided to go off and chop down some trees and unfortunately got completely lost. I must have walked the shoreline in search of my house for over an hour and still never found it.

Maybe, someday, I will be reunited with my house.  :'(

Ryan Timothy B

I find it very easy to know where I'm going in Minecraft. The clouds are always moving in the same direction. There are 4 directions to a block, and I usually travel in a straight-ish line with the blocks. So I never have much of a hard time finding my house. I also usually build near the spawn.

And as a bonus you can build yourself a compass with redrock and iron ingots which point to the spawn.

Domino

I reset the game world. It will give me a fresh start anyways. Happy Crafting.  :)

Darth Mandarb

Okay ... Dave blowing up a bit of Darthville was funny.  But this:

is not.  WTF?  In case you can't tell ... somebody put TNT everywhere all throughout the place. 

Tell me we got griefed and it wasn't one of our users that did this?

I'm going through and putting water around them one-at-a-time (if you put water around TNT the blast destroys nothing).

Dave Gilbert

Crimson Wizard

Darn.

How does TNT explode by the way? is there a safe way to remove it? asking just in case.

Darth Mandarb

After checking the logs and seeing that there was only one person on long enough to have laid all that TNT (you know who you are and shame on you) I spent some time removing the TNT ... then we decided to lay down our own TNT and just blow the whole thing up since we're resetting the server this weekend anyway!

Darthville is no more!

Leaf and I survey the destruction we wrought from on high!!

I planted about 400 TNT in my castle (which the griefer didn't touch) and with one flick destroyed the entire thing (it was awesome!)

@Crimson Wizard - if you use water around the tnt the blast hurts nothing.

Vince Twelve

Damn, that's some nasty stuff.  Out the griefer!  Who was it?

I blew a significant area of Arboris' garden up with some accidental TNT.  (And learned that blowing up TNT turns nearby TNT into exploding projectiles) and realized that I needed to stay way further away from other people's stuff when experimenting with the stuff.  Which is why the rest of my experiments are across a body of water from everybody else's stuff.

I erected the Garden Memorial Garden to replace Arboris' decor, so I would hope that anybody on our servers would have the same response to an accident and not do it on purpose.

I did meet one other guy on the server once who was not an AGSer and had just googled randomly for a server to go play on.  I figured as long as he wasn't a dick, he could do that.  But maybe it's time to set up a large obsidian box around the spawn point and have people teleported out by admins when they want to join.  Keep this to ourselves.

Domino

I'll miss you Darthville, even though I could never find you.

:'(

edit: I have played on the AGS server a few times, but not much.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk