Dig in, Minecraft [AGSCraft server] BACK ONLINE!

Started by Peder 🚀, Fri 24/09/2010 03:35:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Calin Leafshade on Fri 29/10/2010 18:55:24
Also pray you dont enter the map for the first time in the middle of the night.

My first suggestion would be building a small fortified area right around the spawn point, surrounded by walls and lit bright by lamps. We could also put chests there with supplies for the newcomers (or in case someone dies and respawns there).

Al_Ninio

Doesn't the server have to be reset in order to apply the update anyway?

Dave Gilbert

Yeesh I started a trend of terrorism.

Well, far be it from me not to hop on the bandwagon!  I blew up my tower yesterday.  All that's left is the waterfall that was inside...

Vince Twelve

I've never seen it confirmed that Notch would have monsters and damage fixed for MP in the Halloween update.  Is that somewhere?  I hope he does.  If so, having everyone work together to build a sweet fort and fighting off the hordes (in both dimensions!) would be tons of fun.  But yeah... fall damage... :P

Domino

I just took a nice stroll through our beloved AGS Land. It sucks seeing everything destroyed and on fire. I set up a small base last night and could not find it.

Whoever made that giant PONG sculpture rules!!!  :)

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Domino on Sat 30/10/2010 00:17:28
I set up a small base last night and could not find it.
Aw, man, you should use some reference points to remember your way. First of all, use global map screenshots, available on server (http://minecraft.agsarchives.com/cartography.php); then try to find most memorable places and, if there no ones, build simple ones, like columns of 3-4 blocks with torches on them.

Arboris

might be nice to have a snow world for the next one

Concept shooter. Demo version 1.05

IndieBoy

Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

Arboris

Calin Leafshade

I think it might be best to alternate the worlds.. 2 weeks with mobs and then 2 weeks on wimp mode.

Darth Mandarb

I believe, in the new version, there are multi-type environments.  They are called "BIOMES" or something like that.  So you can go from desert to tropical to snow all in the same world.  Should be very cool I think.

Personally I am not a fan of the snow worlds but that's just me :)

Crimson Wizard

In author's TODO list there's "Seasons" entry, which means he thinks about seasons changing over time, I guess.

And yes, while snow world looks nice, it may become a little annoying because of snowflakes falling all the time.

Crimson Wizard

Ummm... I am afraid I played a role of demon of destruction or something, and now our old world has a number of active volcanos :P

Anian

Looks like Cataclysm came to Minecraft earlier than to Warcraft.  ;D
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Damien

Crimson Wizard

Hmm, well yeah, after updating my client, I cannot log into AGS server anymore.
:)
Now waiting for server admins to make an update and reset the world.

Peder 🚀

Server is taken offline, will be back up as soon as we have updated to the new version.

Arboris

Damien

I just saw a skeleton hitching a ride on a spider. Not a clipping bug, sitting. Was that present in earlier versions?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk