Dig in, Minecraft [AGSCraft server] BACK ONLINE!

Started by Peder 🚀, Fri 24/09/2010 03:35:59

Previous topic - Next topic

straydogstrut

Quote from: Domino on Wed 10/11/2010 00:34:18
Is it possible for this thread to be moved to Popular Threads? I just don't want this to be forgotten and disappear from General Discussion.

I think the thread gets bumped plenty with all the posts, but I agree it would be good to have it in Popular Threads incase we all get sucked into MC and forget to post;-)

I haven't been on today but Notch mentioned on his blog that there's an update tomorrow:

Quote from: Notch
Here’s what’s already done for the update:

General fixes:
* players and mobs in lava or fire no longer spam sound effects
* getting hit with a higher damage while recovering from a smaller one now works as intended
* lava flows further in the Nether
* zombie pigs eventually forgives
* added support for custom texture packs
* fixed duplicate buttons when resizing screens
* zombie pigs and ghasts no longer get hurt by fire or lava
* fixed volume sliders now saving properly

Multiplayer fixes:
* hellworld=true no longer overwrites old save chunks. Player positions will still break if you switch it on a running server, though
* boats are now visible to other players
* minecarts move nicer
* fishing kinda sorta works, but needs more work
* sheep and cows look like sheep and cows now
* buckets work now
* fixed stairs being really difficult to destroy
* increased the timeout before “Took too long to log in”
* made it possible to ride carts and boats (pigs should work too..)

There are a couple of bugs left, like it not being possible to steer the boats yet, and other players not having the riding animation when riding. Fishing also works horribly poorly. Once I’ve fixed that tomorrow, I’ll release an update for both the server and the client.

"minecarts move nicer" and "made it possible to ride carts" have got my attention. If this means minecarts work in multiplayer now that would be awersome. My railroad empire is just aching to be built;-)

Not sure if the update means we have to reset the server mind, though I would welcome another fresh start tbh.

Calin Leafshade

Hmm yea a reset might be on the cards. I dont particularly like the layout of this world.

straydogstrut

I can't connect to the server: I get disconnected with an error saying "outdated client". Not sure if i'm meant to download something - MC usually updates itself if there's an update available - but I got a fresh copy off the website just incase but still can't log in. Anyone else have any problems since the update?

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: straydogstrut on Wed 10/11/2010 18:28:46
I can't connect to the server: I get disconnected with an error saying "outdated client". Not sure if i'm meant to download something - MC usually updates itself if there's an update available - but I got a fresh copy off the website just incase but still can't log in. Anyone else have any problems since the update?
"Outdated client" = "Outdated server"  ;D

Admins must update server app.

straydogstrut

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Wed 10/11/2010 18:49:33
"Outdated client" = "Outdated server"  ;D

Admins must update server app.

Ah right, thanks.

Hmmph! That's so not fair, I had a whole unproductive evening planned=P

Calin Leafshade

Crimson Wizard

Hmm, are portals supposed to work in this update?
I found out I can actually create a portal, but it does not seem to teleport me anywhere.

Calin Leafshade

i'll try switching hellworld=true

you will be disconnected when i bring the server down

EDIT: Unfortunately hellworld doesnt seem to work in SMP yet. sorry kids

Peder 🚀

You can now easily see if the server is online or offline by checking the AGSCraft website.
The status is checked and updated every 15 minutes.

Domino

Quote from: Calin Leafshade on Wed 10/11/2010 07:19:40
Hmm yea a reset might be on the cards. I dont particularly like the layout of this world.

I am with you on that one Calin. I really wouldn't mind a reset of the world, not too fond of my flower palace right now anyways.

:)

Arboris

Can't seem to login on the AGS server atm, is it offline ?

Concept shooter. Demo version 1.05

Calin Leafshade

yup server crash. The minecraft server software is less than I would call 'stable'

Should be back up now

straydogstrut

Server's having a bad day. Bit more laggy than usual and blocks 'pop' back in before being destroyed. Also I managed to sail off the edge of the world and then had an out of body experience as I sank to my watery grave. I need counselling=S

Peder 🚀

@straydogstrut lol, amazing image!
I am sure counselling will be offered within AGSCraft soon ;) :P.

Vince Twelve

Arboris and I were just walking around and suddenly came upon the same thing: a ghostly image of Arboris sitting in a boat motionless underwater!

I think the recent addition of "working" boats and mine carts has increased the instability.  I have, several times, suddenly found myself falling through the world or stuck in an endless grey while building my roller coaster.  (Which is super awesome, btw, and every one should go ride it!)

Domino

Quote from: Vince Twelve on Sun 14/11/2010 22:25:36
I have, several times, suddenly found myself falling through the world or stuck in an endless grey while building my roller coaster.  (Which is super awesome, btw, and every one should go ride it!)

I got to ride that coaster, I might have been the first because you asked me to come and try it out. Too bad I couldn't get up the first hill. ha ha.  :)

Calin Leafshade

alot of the latency issues are due to the verification communication with the main minecraft server. Notch is working on it.

Arboris

Quote from: Vince Twelve on Sun 14/11/2010 22:25:36
Arboris and I were just walking around and suddenly came upon the same thing: a ghostly image of Arboris sitting in a boat motionless underwater!

Pod people!

There, I said it first.

Concept shooter. Demo version 1.05

straydogstrut

Quote from: Domino on Sun 14/11/2010 22:37:23
I got to ride that coaster, I might have been the first because you asked me to come and try it out. Too bad I couldn't get up the first hill. ha ha.  :)

You did better than me: the thing took off without me when Vince gave me a shot!=)

I'm over the moon that minecarts are 'workable' now. I get kicks just popping a lump of coal in the engine and seeing it power round the track=D I'm undecided whether I'll make boosters, though just the different variations are hugely appealing=)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk