Dig in, Minecraft [AGSCraft server] BACK ONLINE!

Started by Peder 🚀, Fri 24/09/2010 03:35:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Calin Leafshade

done... lets see how weird this is...

Edit: Terrifying.

straydogstrut

Well that's um.. funky.

Turns out i'm a ghost.

I can kill mobs and craft weapons, but I can't pick up anything I drop.

Oh and i'm completely invisible (or at least that's what everyone tells me!).

Maybe those spiders killed me.

Calin Leafshade

that happened to me. I need to delete your player profile and then let you log in again.

It's something to do with the server not syncing after the update.

Crimson Wizard

Game is barely playable at the moment.
There are certainly monsters around, but I dont see them and dont hear their voices. A creeper nearly blown me up, and I could see arrows falling on ground right from the air (skeleton shooting??).

straydogstrut

Thanks Calin, no rush though, I don't think i'll be logging in again tonight.

Calin Leafshade

yea the whole server software is busted

I'm going to reset the world and see if that helps.

Peder 🚀

What texture packs do you guys use if your using one?
I am thinking of adding a small section in the first post with links to some good textures :).

IndieBoy

Yeah so the problems I've noticed with update are:
  • You can now place blocks at your feet and therefore trapping yourself in walls
  • Arrows sometimes deflect off of mobs.
  • Doors don't work very. Especially the ones at the spawn point hut.
  • Ghost problem when people die.
Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

Ryan Timothy B

I decided to give the new server damage a try, even though you're all reporting huge issues. But the server is offline at the moment.

If you're going to have a server status on the first post, why not have a php script within the IMG tags, which echo's an Offline or Online text depending on the server status. That way you don't have to manually update the text to green or red.
I know you have the server page, just figured I'd mention it for the first post as well. :P

Calin Leafshade

Well ive reset the world and everything seems to be ok now.

Crimson Wizard

It looks like you become ghost when die, but this is fixed by re-logging to server. :/

Calin Leafshade

I've just updated the server, shoud fix some of the respawning bugs youve been mentioning.

Peder 🚀

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Thu 25/11/2010 07:22:31
If you're going to have a server status on the first post, why not have a php script within the IMG tags, which echo's an Offline or Online text depending on the server status. That way you don't have to manually update the text to green or red.

Got no idea why I never thought of this before :).
It now shows when it is online and when it is offline :).

Ryan Timothy B

Calin Leafshade

Just applied another server update that should fix the ghost spawning problem

Crimson Wizard

I actually wonder, what the game difficulty is supposed to be?
Last time i created full diamond armor and diamond sword for myself, yet my health was nearly lost after fighting 2 skeletons...  :-\

IndieBoy

Any mobs I've faced have appeared in groups of threes. There must be some way to limit this as it isn't this bad on a single player game.
Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

Ryan Timothy B

I gave it a try today, and holy crap. I have groups of at least a dozen mobs at once. You pretty much just have to turn around in a dark area and they'll spawn behind you.

I'm definitely going to have to make some armour! :P

Edit: And apparently I've glitched out and now you have to reset me.. or something. Can't pick up anything now or get hurt.
I'm like Batman - slaughtering all those mobs and they can't do anything about it!

Peder 🚀

Confirm if you want to be reset Ryan!

Ryan Timothy B

Doesn't bother me. I've already said you need to reset me above. :P Reset away!  :=

With all these new commands you guys have made, perhaps a -reset command for yourself should be added? Or is that not possible?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk