Dig in, Minecraft [AGSCraft server] BACK ONLINE!

Started by Peder 🚀, Fri 24/09/2010 03:35:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Peder 🚀

Done!

And I don't think so.. it requires deleting a file..
Mind you we could probably make a php script do it but then you would have to do it via the website..

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Fri 26/11/2010 20:19:40
With all these new commands you guys have made, perhaps a -reset command for yourself should be added? Or is that not possible?
I believe you mean "-create" etc commands?
These commands are Minecraft commands, not server commands :P

straydogstrut

Probably just my sucky internet connection, but I can't connect to the server today. It says i'm taking too long to log in. Well excuuuuse me! I am getting on a bit you know.

Also, I notice on the AGSCraft website that the list of registered players has drastically reduced - what's happened there? Are Calin et al the real terrorists like I always suspected? =P

EDIT: Logged in this time, I think. Oh crap it's night time..

Calin Leafshade

you couldn't reset yourself from within the game but its possible that peder could add something to the agscraft page to allow people to reset themselves (basically just delete their profile)

Peder 🚀

Quote from: straydogstrut on Fri 26/11/2010 21:04:06
Also, I notice on the AGSCraft website that the list of registered players has drastically reduced - what's happened there?

That is because whenever a new world is generated the list is emptied (because the list of players is collected within the world folder) so to get back on the list the player has to join the server once after a new world is generated.

Luckely the white list doesn't have to be created over and over again each time we generate a new world :).

straydogstrut

Ah I see. Hurrah! That means i'm early to the party for once=)

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: Peder Johnsen on Fri 26/11/2010 20:36:33
And I don't think so.. it requires deleting a file..
Mind you we could probably make a php script do it but then you would have to do it via the website..

Yeah, I pretty much assumed it wasn't a ingame feature for admins. Oh well. The php thing would work as long as you assign a password to everyone.
Oh well, I can't see this glitch lasting any longer than a few weeks. Although he should never have released an update with as many issues as it has. What's the rush?

Arboris

Nice little safehouse you've build. too bad I'm unable to leave it. it just keeps resetting me back behind the door with the door closed shut in my face.

Concept shooter. Demo version 1.05

voh

Heh. First post in a looooong time, and only to ask for a reset :P

(enjoying the server a lot, though!)
Still here.

Calin Leafshade

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Fri 26/11/2010 20:45:00
Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Fri 26/11/2010 20:19:40
With all these new commands you guys have made, perhaps a -reset command for yourself should be added? Or is that not possible?
I believe you mean "-create" etc commands?
These commands are Minecraft commands, not server commands :P

These commands are actually done by a custom perl script.

The script monitors the chat for those commands and issues the corresponding admin commands when it finds them.
That script is also responsible for kicking non whitelisted players.

Ryan Timothy B

Anyway. I need a reset. I turned into the invisible batman again. :P

ddq

Ditto. I'm wondering if the server shouldn't hold out a bit longer until survival multiplayer is less buggy and failtastic?

voh

Ditto, again... Was unglitched, now glitched again due to creeper activity.
Still here.

Ryan Timothy B

Does anyone else notice that it's nearly impossible to kill anything with the sword? I know the arrows bounce off the mobs, and then the arrows usually duplicate themselves to an insane degree.

voh

I think I hit a spider about 20 times with a diamond sword and it didn't stop it one bit. I guess that counts?
Still here.

Calin Leafshade

Yea things are still a little shitty.

I'm considering turning the monsters off until they actually work properly because right now the balance is *heavily* tipped in their favour.

Notch has promised an update this week tho.. so we'll see.

voh

Not too sound ungrateful or anything, but currently I can't do much on the server and that's a shame :P

What's the best way of getting a reset done?

And with the glitches, maybe turning the beasties off at least until the next patch is in would be worth it?

edit: Whoooo: http://getsatisfaction.com/mojang/topics/invisible_and_cant_do_crap

edit: Pleeeeeaaaase unglitch me? :P
Still here.

Calin Leafshade

Unglitched you,

Just done a server update which should fix all the problems. I'll quote notch's blog post

Bug fix list:

* Swords and other weapons now deal damage properly
* Added proper hurt animations and sounds to mobs and players
* Fixed dead players logging in as invisible ghosts
* Made arrows visible and deal damage
* Hoes now produce proper seeds
* Creepers make noises and animate before exploding
* Explosions animate properly
* No more infinite free arrows
* Server logging now appends to server.log rather than overwriting it
* Buttons and levers (and a few other blocks probably, it’s a general solution) animate properly
* Fixed minecarts (and pigs!) moving twice as fast as they should when ridden.
* The join server screen now remembers the last entered ip
* Increased chunk saving frequency on the server
* Leaving sneak mode no longer triggers a million sounds
* You can now see sneaking players
* Names of sneaking players aren’t visible through walls, and are visible a much shorter distance
* Snowballs!!

voh

I noticed the unglitching, thanks! Then I couldn't log in due to the version disparity. Looking forward to continuing my build :p
Still here.

straydogstrut

* The join server screen now remembers the last entered ip

Great! The number of times I forgot to press Ctrl-V instead of Cmd-V was becoming frustrating;-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk