Dig in, Minecraft [AGSCraft server] BACK ONLINE!

Started by Peder 🚀, Fri 24/09/2010 03:35:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Barricus

I'm thinking of building a glass house and then throwing things at people, just to rebel against the proverb.

Anian

Hey, Crafters, is somebody using Ventrilo while playing Minecraft? When I press on the game window (even on full screen), Vent stops detecting key pressing. Vent works in other games and programs, just not MC. Wasn't able to find a solution on the net.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

voh

Aaaaaand the new release doesn't quite fix the respawn "I'm Batman" problem.

I'm invisible and invincible once more :')
Still here.

Ryan Timothy B

Well at least he fixed the arrows and the visibility of them. But it's still pretty shoddy and you can only see it flash every few moments the server sends an update on its new location.
You'd think the guy would only send you where, and the trajectory of the arrow that was just fired, and have it seamlessly flow on our end until the server tells us where it hit something or if our end thinks it should've. That's how I'd do it anyway, but I've never played around with networking and the big ol' latency issue.

Ryan Timothy B

There's been a new update once again. One for server side as well.
The duplicate entities bug has apparently been fixed. I'm going to give it a whirl once I know the server has been updated and see how well he fixed it. :P

Peder 🚀

The server is confirmed updated to the latest build ;).

Vince Twelve

Am I crazy, or is cartographer mapping a totally different world?

straydogstrut

Yep, you're right. That's AGSCraft4 with my "Little Venice" (the brown smudge) we should be on AGSCraft5 now I think.

Calin Leafshade

Yup, forgot to change the script.

Will do it now and run a carto

Peder 🚀

Vince Twelve

Yesterday was the first time I had logged on in a while, but I had been peeking in at the cartos regularly.  I kept thinking, "man, nobody's making anything!"  :=

Peder 🚀

Hehe :P. Well looking at the one calin made people definatly have!
Alot of the things looks pretty cool :)

Crimson Wizard

Missed a week or so. What has changed in general? Is it possible to fight monsters normally now?

Ryan Timothy B

Yeah, you can fight them normally now. It's a little hard to fight them properly with the sword.. mostly due to latency issues, and secondly due to the mobs not having attack animations. So it's hard to dodge an attack that just 'happens' when you're within a certain range.

Calin Leafshade

ok its new world time!

Monsters have been disabled this time round so we can have a nice creative time

however, the -create commands has also been disabled so youll have to work for your spoils!

happy crafting.

voh

My huge castle :'(

Gotta admit it's a little frustrating that out of nowhere, all my (our) stuff is gone... There was some real progress in the past week or so, and now it's gone :(
Still here.

Calin Leafshade

it's not gone. Just sleeping

I can put the old world back if you'd like.

It just that i hadnt seen that much activity recently.

voh

Initial shock gone - I'm okay with a new world - do kind of like not having the ability to cheat.

Still, though, my castle was fairly awesome, greenskintau was building a huge (and confusing) labyrinth beneath it, and Peder even made a kitchen for it. It was going to be so awesome :P
Still here.

Calin Leafshade

Well I wont be resetting the world again for at least a month so make something awesome :D

voh

I do feel bad for VinceTwelve, though, as he was halfway done with his sphere :P
Still here.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk