Dig in, Minecraft [AGSCraft server] BACK ONLINE!

Started by Peder 🚀, Fri 24/09/2010 03:35:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Galen

Unless your Minecraft page is wrong I don't actually appear to be on the whitelist but I've still been able to join the current and previous worlds just fine.

voh

The site says the server is online, but I can't log in... Wth? :(
Still here.

Calin Leafshade

The server has died..

I cant even log in at the terminal.

Have to wait for peder to reset it.

Peder 🚀

Quote from: voh on Mon 13/12/2010 16:15:20
The site says the server is online, but I can't log in... Wth? :(

The server status on the site is only updated every hour. So if the server goes offline before the check is run it will still say it is online :).

Calin Leafshade

voh

Still can't log in... I'll try again in a couple of hours :)
Still here.

Peder 🚀

Barricus

Yeah, I'm getting a "Connection refused: connect" error.  :(

Vince Twelve

Quote from: voh on Mon 13/12/2010 13:11:15
I do feel bad for VinceTwelve, though, as he was halfway done with his sphere :P

D'oh!  I was working on it, getting in a couple levels every couple of days.  Though, at the rate I was going, it would have been another 2 weeks before it was done.  Is there a way to zip up multiplayer worlds and use them as single player worlds?  That seems like it would work.  Wouldn't it?  Could we have downloads of abandoned worlds?

It was such an epic sphere... don't know what I would have done with it if it was finished, but it was still cool to look at.

And I kind of liked the challenge of having the monsters there while building (though I was always safe up in my sphere!)

Edit: For the record, I had laid somewhere around 13,000 cubes of glass so far!  (The full sphere would have been made up of over 27,000 and I was hovering close to half way)

Peder 🚀

Server is back up, I managed to crash it even more so took me some time to figure out how to fix it.

Vince, I will look into the world thingie and if it DOES work I will set up a function to download previous worlds :).

Vince Twelve

I'd like to propose some kind of coordinated effort to make a coherent city this time.  Something like:

Just as a starting point.  But maybe it would be worth exploring a bit to find a better location for a settlement first.

Like, lets collaborate with sketches and planning in this thread or in chat and then work together to make something cool, rather than everybody jumping on their own projects?

Or we can just all jump on our own projects... :P

IndieBoy

I'm game for a community build project  ;D
Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

Domino

I am sad to announce that my addiction to Minecraft has come to an end. Maybe someday, I will crave to play it again.

I feel bad not being online helping you guys build.  :'(

Peder 🚀

Some sort of a community project sounds good!

Also all previous worlds still hosted on the server can be downloaded from here:
http://minecraft.agsarchives.com/worlds/
(I am sorry but the zip files do not have the worlds subfolders in the root of the file so make sure you dont create another folder when extracting ;))

I will update this as we generate new worlds :)

To make them work you gotta extract them into the saves folder and rename the folder to "World1" (or any other number)

voh

Quote from: Vince Twelve on Mon 13/12/2010 20:09:29
It was such an epic sphere... don't know what I would have done with it if it was finished, but it was still cool to look at.

Durr, build a castle in it! Or a ship! Or anything, really :D
Still here.

Galen

Well Galendale now has room for buildings if you guys want to get to work :p

Phemar

Ok dammit I have been playing single player for way too long now and it's killing me, I need multiplayer! Problem is I don't have a Paypal account and even if I did I don't own a credit card...
So here's the question: Is there anyone out there currently not using their account and would be willing to loan it to me for a while? I'll give it straight back as soon as you want it again, I just really want a sweet taste of this multiplayer minecraft :D

DoorKnobHandle

I'm actually in a similar position, I have watched about 100 ~15 minute Let's Play episodes on Youtube (from different authors, X's whole series for example) and I'm ITCHING to play it myself (have toyed around with the free World Builder version for quite a while) but I just don't have a Paypal or Internet-compatible credit card, nor do I want to get one just for this.

ddq

Well thanks to a certain 18-sided polygon, we got to experience one of the most epic forest fires in the history of Minecraft. It tore through an entire forest biome, and it all started with just one tree. Fortunately, we got it contained and protected the people and their wooden houses.

IndieBoy

Thank you firefighters DDQ and VinceXII. I'm not going to cut corners now and just remove leaves from trees one by one
Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk