Dig in, Minecraft [AGSCraft server] BACK ONLINE!

Started by Peder 🚀, Fri 24/09/2010 03:35:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Peder 🚀

Someone is not happy that someone is using Jeesus as a character name.... :P.

Sorry I werent here to restart the server peeps.
Been a busy day today.

But it seems Calin saved the day AGAIN ;).

Ryan Timothy B

Was this Jeesus person a complete random that asked to be white listed on the server or is he from the AGS forums?

Calin Leafshade

He is our Lord and Saviour. Stupid question.

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Mon 20/12/2010 22:45:20
He is our Lord and Saviour. Stupid question.
Oh. So he doesn't exist?

Very confused.

Phemar

I can't seem to stay online longer than a minute before I gte a fatal java exception and I'm kicked... I am getting withdrawal symptoms!

Barricus

Wow...They get to beta finally and my game crashes twice, the first times since playing.

Ishmael

Yes I'm a complete random and it was a character corruption issue that was rather hard to tell on the non-server end from the same ping timeout everyone else was getting.
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

IndieBoy

Ok I can barely stay connected to the server for 30 seconds before I get kicked.
Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

Phemar

Quote from: IndieBoy on Tue 21/12/2010 12:04:22
Ok I can barely stay connected to the server for 30 seconds before I get kicked.

Same. I get, "java.net.SocketException: Connection Lost."

And it's not computer specific as I tried on the other pc's in my house and I get the same error.

Ishmael

It seems really sensitive to connection issues. It's been a bit better for me since the beta but in alpha at times it was hopeless, because I get a small percentage of packet loss on my connection, probably due to the odd wireless setup I have to be on for now.

Some have reported lowering view distance below the max helps with the disconnects. And I think it actually did for me too. Not ridding me of them completely but reduced the frequency at least.

\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Phemar

Thanks for the tip Ishmael, but it doesn't seem to work :/ Oddly enought this never happened in Alpha and only seems to happen since the Beta update.

Darth Mandarb

I know everybody likes to polish this guy's (Notch) knob but I don't think this is an issue with a crappy server,  I think it's an issue with crappy software.

It's a fun little project but I think it got away from him.

I don't know ... after the griefing of Darthville I got seriously put-off of Minecraft.  Even when the server is up (green light in first post) it was still not letting me in and when it did it would drop me out constantly.  The guy needs to take some of the millions he's made and hire a team to fix the game.  Just my opinion.

Ishmael

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Tue 21/12/2010 15:33:06
I don't think this is an issue with a crappy server,  I think it's an issue with crappy software.

Pretty much. No matter which server I've tried it's been the same, and I know my connection has a small loss percentage. It's very sensitive to those. I think the server is fine, but the game's alp-- well, in beta, so this sort of stuff is what should be on the workbench and getting fixed in the near future.

voh

He's got a team now, and an office and stuff. He's not going it alone anymore.

And it has improved a lot since I started playing. It's in constant flux, and sometimes things get broke. Remember, it was alpha until yesterday. Now it's beta, and it's still going to be buggy.

I got faith.
Still here.

Calin Leafshade

Nah, i'm with darth.

Who writes server software in java?

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: voh on Tue 21/12/2010 16:09:30He's got a team now, and an office and stuff. He's not going it alone anymore.

That's good to know.  I realize it's in Beta, which is the only reason I'm not all "it suxxors!!", and I do hope he/them pull it together and fix the issues.

I had [way too many] hours of fun with it in the past and wouldn't mind finding that again!

Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 21/12/2010 16:40:04Who writes server software in java?

Haha I like Java!  I don't know a lot about it yet (but I'm learning ... my girlfriend is a java programmer and is teaching me).

Barricus

Has the server been reset/updated since the beta release?  That might be part of the problem with the instability.  I know I've been falling though the landscape too much to chalk this up to just server problems, though...

bicilotti

I as pretty surprised in checking today's map:a marine platform, a medieval brige, water in the helix and more... Nice stuff folks!

The only thing that bothers a lurker like me is that I am unable to see what happens below ground. Is there any way to map that too?

voh

All you'll find is lots and lots of corridors :P

And new version, so no logging in until the server's been updated :)

(which is also a reply to Barricus - newer version clients won't connect to an older version server, most of the time)
Still here.

Vince Twelve

Quote from: Barricus on Wed 22/12/2010 06:30:22
Has the server been reset/updated since the beta release?

Looks like there's a new mandatory server update out this morning.  I get the "Outdated Server" error when trying to connect now.  Hopefully it improves a lot of the bugs that have been going on.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk