Dig in, Minecraft [AGSCraft server] BACK ONLINE!

Started by Peder 🚀, Fri 24/09/2010 03:35:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Ishmael

I'm in a bit of trouble, might someone lend a hand? I suppose I am sunken into the sand near the big apartment building, there used to be a hill, and now there were a couple of small holes with water in them right next to the road in construction through there... Not sure what it ended up as, becuase the sand collapsed around me, I got an illegal stance error and disconnect, and now every time I reconnect I get the same message. So if anyone has a clue of where I might mean, could you dig a nice couple of layers off around there, might get me out of there?
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Galen

Ishmael can you even play for five minutes without breaking the server? O_o

Ishmael

Since Galen here refuses to stop being an idiot can anyone else give me a hand? Wouldn't want to break the server again.

\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Damien

I cleared the area which sounds like the one you're talking about, try reconnecting.

If it didn't work, try using the generated map to show us the spot.

Ishmael

Thanks for the effort, but nothing's changed. And I don't feel like fooling with this anymore, so no need to dig further.

Galen

Quote from: Ishmael on Sun 02/01/2011 16:35:23
Since Galen here refuses to stop being an idiot can anyone else give me a hand?
It was a joke, obviously its not your fault. If you're ever buried in the earth you just lose health so I can't see being buried causing it. Can you not just teleport out or is it not letting you spawn or what?
Maybe Calin could modify your profile with a editor and reset you to the spawn (without deleting all your items).

Barricus

/kill will kill you, reseting you to the spawn point.

EDIT: Just reread Galen's post and realized that this isn't relevant to the problem.  Disregard this post.

IndieBoy

I think we should start a minecraft photography competition. I call this death at dusk.
Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

Phemar

Is Minecraft dying? Server seems rather inactive these days. :/

Peder 🚀

Could just be a busy period for people?
I am for sure stuffed with things to sort out :P.

Also Minecraft runs poorly on my laptop :( so that kinda kills the fun for me..

DoorKnobHandle

Server/Game has been so unstable for such a long time that I gave up for a while. Plus I've been kinda busy. But I definitely want to join again some time soon.

IndieBoy

I visit now and then, although I have been playing a lot of single player these days. I do have plans to make some massive fields of wheat at some point on the server. 
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

Phemar

Quote from: IndieBoy on Tue 11/01/2011 13:16:23
I visit now and then, although I have been playing a lot of single player these days. I do have plans to make some massive fields of wheat at some point on the server. 

I tried, but the damn cows and sheep spawn all over it and kill the crops. I think you'd have to build a wall of glass above it.

Ryan Timothy B

I thought I remembered seeing that Notch prevented the animals from spawning within a certain block distance from any crops.

Monsieur OUXX

I've read reviews of Minecraft amd it seems to be a really "cool" game, to say the least.
Does one have to pay for it?
If so, I'd rather not try it, otherwise I'll be addicted AND paying for it :-D

Ryan Timothy B

Well unfortunately, Notch put the game into Beta and is now charging â,¬14.95. He also decided to make it so that any update that occurs during Beta, you will receive, but once the game is considered "complete" you'll have to pay the full â,¬20 just to get a few extra features the Beta didn't have.

It's definitely not a good business practice considering everyone who bought the game while it was in Alpha will receive ALL updates even once it reaches a completed status.

He's just being greedy and knowing that he has built quite a large fan base when it was in an Alpha state, that people will more than likely pay both fees twice. I on the other hand would not and would avoid buying the game while it's in the Beta state until it's complete.

That's like Vince asking for pre-purchase donations for Resonance and then not giving the game to those who pre-purchased, making them pay again. Obviously this isn't what Vince is doing (I hope.. hehe), but it's pretty much what Notch is doing. Only difference is that you get to play the game before it reaches a completed status.

Ishmael

As far as I understood if you buy the game now you get the game and you own it through release and everything, but you no longer get any expansions or the like for free, unlike people who bought it during alpha.

Ryan Timothy B

Which basically means if you want to connect to a server that has the completed release server package, you won't be able to connect because you'd still be running the beta game. Forcing you to buy the completed game.
Big money grab.

IndieBoy

Does anyone know when the carto picture is taken? As in time wise. I was clearing an area of trees and I cant seem to find it again, and I can't spot it on today's carto map.

bicilotti

I usually see that updated around 6 o'clock in the morning CET, which is 5 BST

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk