Dig in, Minecraft [AGSCraft server] BACK ONLINE!

Started by Peder 🚀, Fri 24/09/2010 03:35:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Vince Twelve

When possible, could we get this updated with the most recently expired world.  I never took any screenies of my creature.   ;D

Phemar

Damn, someone went on one hell of an exploratory mission in the new world. That carto is huge already!

Edit: I can't seem to logon... I keep timing out, since I woke up this morning.

Edit Edit: @#!* YOU MINECRAFT!!! LET ME LOG ON!!!

Peder 🚀

I am sure we can sort something out there Vince, or I could zip it for you so you can go on it in single player? :)

Calin Leafshade

just needed to update the server.

server is back up now

Peder 🚀

Vince:

Previous worlds can be found here:
http://minecraft.agsarchives.com/worlds/

To make them work you gotta extract them into the saves folder and rename the folder to "World1" (or any other number not in use)

Phemar

And in more AGSland news, a giant forest fire spread rapidly through the hills last night, destroying everything in it's way. Indieboy, Damien and I worked to destroy the burning stumps after it stopped spreading and many new saplings were planted.

Also, a budding new community has popped up near spawn. Bring your family and make it your new home! We have a convenience store, docks, mines down to bedrock and lots of housing space! (Just clear a few trees first ;) )

Edit: Timing out again :(

Calin Leafshade

Ubel

I would greatly appreciate it if someone put me back on the whitelist. Nick: paapeli

Thank you.

DoorKnobHandle

DoorKnobHandle

Well, I would. Can't connect at the moment, keep timing out. I'm sure it's not the fault of our server, Minecraft has been ridiculously unstable lately. It takes me hours until I can get to play and then I only stay connected for ~20 minutes usually. Apparently Notch has been shifting some things around or something.

Minecraft.net is down 99% of the time as well. I constantly have to remind myself that this is (still a semi-) indie amateur project because otherwise I'd be PISSED. :D

EDIT: And now I was able to join but all the blocks respawn immediately, is this a server bug or a game bug?

Phemar

Quote from: dkh on Wed 19/01/2011 18:46:51
EDIT: And now I was able to join but all the blocks respawn immediately, is this a server bug or a game bug?

That's intense lag :/ Just wait a while... sometimes a long while. It happens to me when I'm downloading at the same time as I'm playing Minecraft.

IndieBoy

I am having trouble actually connecting. A lot of time the login times out, although once I am connected there are no issues. I think it might be my end rather than the server, but I don't understand what could be the cause of this. I've tried playing with my firewall settings etc, but it just seems like I can join the server if I am lucky. Possibly could be the client as I haven't experienced any such issue before the update, but I dunno.

When are the mobs getting turned on?
Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

Phemar

I'm having trouble just connecting to minecraft.net :/ Damn.

Calin Leafshade

This is all due to problems authenticating against minecraft.net. It's not related to the server.

Notch is in the process of fixing it

DoorKnobHandle

Yep, a little frustrating at the moment but it should all be fixed soon!

LGM

Dudes, I totally bought minecraft today. I'm digging big holes in someone's fortress. I don't feel guilty for stealing torches, either
You. Me. Denny's.

Phemar

Quote from: LGM on Fri 21/01/2011 00:00:25
Dudes, I totally bought minecraft today. I'm digging big holes in someone's fortress. I don't feel guilty for stealing torches, either

Why not just make them? It's not like it's hard. One block of wood gives 4 planks, 2 planks give 4 sticks, 1 stick and 1 coal give 4 torches.
So they're quite cheap.

IndieBoy

I gave LGM a little crash course in Minecraft last night, so he should be fine.

Did you guys know that you can make charcoal now? Just burn a tree log in a furnace and use it the same way as coal.
Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

DoorKnobHandle

Server appears to be down and has been that way all day here.  :P

EDIT: Nevermind, working fine again!

Phemar

Does the server need to be updated? I haven't been able to log in for ages...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk