Dig in, Minecraft [AGSCraft server] BACK ONLINE!

Started by Peder 🚀, Fri 24/09/2010 03:35:59

Previous topic - Next topic

IndieBoy

Yeah I have been able to connect to other servers without issue, so I don't think this is a minecraft error.
Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

Calin Leafshade

Yep, new server version.. Ive update the server and brought it up.

Phemar

Server seems to be broken again :P I think it happens everytime Jeesus connects.

Calin Leafshade

Jeesus, the destroyer of worlds.

I said you couldnt trust that guy...

I've deleted J's profile and brought the server back up.

ddq

Tommi should probably contact Notch and crew to report his repeated issues. Chances are it's either a Minecraft bug or a corruption of his profile. It's really too bad that bad stuff happens to the server whenone particular person gets on, but reporting problems helps the beta development.

Galen

Quote from: ddq on Sun 23/01/2011 17:00:46
Tommi should probably contact Notch and crew to report his repeated issues. Chances are it's either a Minecraft bug or a corruption of his profile. It's really too bad that bad stuff happens to the server whenone particular person gets on, but reporting problems helps the beta development.

Clearly the problem lies with Ishmael's connection or system but the fact that the server outright CRASHES when it is sent incomplete profile information is plain unacceptable.

Galen

Monsters are re-enabled now, bring your swords and a spare pair of underpants.

Ishmael

Quote from: Galen on Sat 29/01/2011 14:47:39
Clearly the problem lies with Ishmael's connection or system but the fact that the server outright CRASHES when it is sent incomplete profile information is plain unacceptable.

The profile files are on the server, and when I connect and the server loads up the profile file it crashes. Deleting the profile file from the server fixes it. So how exactly is this at my end?
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Galen

Are you proposing that the server just hates you?

I'm not blaming you but if it were the server entirely it would not make any sense for it to just be affecting one person repeatedly.

Ishmael

I am suggesting the server is coded somewhat badly, because it seems with even the slightest packet loss in the connection I get disconnected a lot, and sometimes it just corrupts the thing without warning. Pick any multiplayer out there, I can play it fine, connection wise. Then why not Minecraft? Because the netcode is bad. But, as said, it's beta, and there's a flaw right there that needs fixing. If it's still there in the retail release I'll start setting up a barricade to climb onto, but for now I'd just try to deal with it. I'm losing quite a heap of stuff too, mind you. I don't magically get to keep, say, a deleted character's inventory.
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Phemar

Quote from: Galen on Sun 30/01/2011 00:55:44
Monsters are re-enabled now, bring your swords and a spare pair of underpants.

Aww, I hate monsters. They prevent any work from actually getting done. Oh well.

Peder 🚀

AGSCraft seems to be acting funny alot, it has basically crashed the last 2 nights. Don't see anything strange happening in the log so dunno what it is. Not sure if it is caused by the map being a bit large again.. Hopefully either me or Calin will figure out what is wrong and have the server back running as normal without interruptions.

Ryan Timothy B

Perhaps there should be limitations on how large the maps should be on width and length? Or is that even possible.
Not that I play that often, it just seems stupid to have the map become almost a gig in memory.

Galen

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Mon 31/01/2011 18:45:03
Perhaps there should be limitations on how large the maps should be on width and length? Or is that even possible.
Not that I play that often, it just seems stupid to have the map become almost a gig in memory.

Might be possible to use a map editor to add some chunks of pure bedrock around the max boundry of the map.
Failing that you could definitely find a chunk editor and just delete those annoying map off-shoots completely.

ShiverMeSideways

Wahey, I can see my house now on Cartographer!

Also, I would like to publicly thank Peder for graciously offering me one of the guest accounts. I'll be playing for quite a bit since I'm now on vacation for a couple of weeks and I hope I can build something neat. (I'm AGSguest1)

Also, awesome creations everyone! :D

Wonkyth

"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

DoorKnobHandle

I have to say, the monsters have killed all the fun for me. I know a lot of people asked for them to be turned on but even when I sneak into the server from time to time now, there's really never anybody else on anymore. Maybe turning them off again would be an option? Is there anybody else who would like them off as well?

Ryan Timothy B

I don't go on much anymore because I was getting tired of the lag and poor programming. The monsters were supposed to be cool, but they come in gigantic waves and were nearly impossible to kill in multiplayer. Whether this has been fixed since I've last been on, I don't know.

Phemar

Quote from: Icey Timothy on Tue 08/02/2011 02:14:33
I don't go on much anymore because I was getting tired of the lag and poor programming. The monsters were supposed to be cool, but they come in gigantic waves and were nearly impossible to kill in multiplayer. Whether this has been fixed since I've last been on, I don't know.

They don't come in waves, but there are a shitload of them and they do so much damage. The spiders are way too fast and nearly impossible to kill or run away from with even the slightest amount of lag. That and spiders and creepers don't despawn until like midday, which gives you like 3 minutes of building time every 10 minutes.

I don't know, I just find mobs really annoying.

dkh, I'm totally with you on the monsters thing.

Calin Leafshade

Ok I listen to the users. The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

I'll disable mobs

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk