Jibble

Author Topic: Dig in, Minecraft [AGSCraft server] BACK ONLINE!  (Read 88871 times)

Re: Dig in, Minecraft [AGSCraft server]
« Reply #560 on: 22 Jan 2011, 20:16 »
Yeah I have been able to connect to other servers without issue, so I don't think this is a minecraft error.
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

Calin Leafshade

• Long live King Cat!
    • I can help with making music
    • I can help with voice acting
    • Calin Leafshade worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Calin Leafshade worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #561 on: 22 Jan 2011, 20:20 »
Yep, new server version.. Ive update the server and brought it up.

« Reply #562 on: 23 Jan 2011, 13:36 »
Server seems to be broken again :P I think it happens everytime Jeesus connects.

Calin Leafshade

• Long live King Cat!
    •  
    • Calin Leafshade worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #563 on: 23 Jan 2011, 14:38 »
Jeesus, the destroyer of worlds.

I said you couldnt trust that guy...

I've deleted J's profile and brought the server back up.

ddq

• Mittens Serf
  • Let's talk mergers
    • Best Innovation Award Winner 2015, for the AdventureX 2015 Live Stream
    • ddq worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #564 on: 23 Jan 2011, 17:00 »
Tommi should probably contact Notch and crew to report his repeated issues. Chances are it's either a Minecraft bug or a corruption of his profile. It's really too bad that bad stuff happens to the server whenone particular person gets on, but reporting problems helps the beta development.

Galen

• Ancient Greek Physician™
« Reply #565 on: 29 Jan 2011, 14:47 »
Tommi should probably contact Notch and crew to report his repeated issues. Chances are it's either a Minecraft bug or a corruption of his profile. It's really too bad that bad stuff happens to the server whenone particular person gets on, but reporting problems helps the beta development.

Clearly the problem lies with Ishmael's connection or system but the fact that the server outright CRASHES when it is sent incomplete profile information is plain unacceptable.

Galen

« Reply #566 on: 30 Jan 2011, 00:55 »
Monsters are re-enabled now, bring your swords and a spare pair of underpants.

Ishmael

• I put AGS on my CV.
    • I can help with translating
    • Ishmael worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Ishmael worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #567 on: 30 Jan 2011, 06:10 »
Clearly the problem lies with Ishmael's connection or system but the fact that the server outright CRASHES when it is sent incomplete profile information is plain unacceptable.

The profile files are on the server, and when I connect and the server loads up the profile file it crashes. Deleting the profile file from the server fixes it. So how exactly is this at my end?
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
|

Galen

« Reply #568 on: 30 Jan 2011, 15:37 »
Are you proposing that the server just hates you?

I'm not blaming you but if it were the server entirely it would not make any sense for it to just be affecting one person repeatedly.

Ishmael

• I put AGS on my CV.
    • Ishmael worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Ishmael worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #569 on: 30 Jan 2011, 15:47 »
I am suggesting the server is coded somewhat badly, because it seems with even the slightest packet loss in the connection I get disconnected a lot, and sometimes it just corrupts the thing without warning. Pick any multiplayer out there, I can play it fine, connection wise. Then why not Minecraft? Because the netcode is bad. But, as said, it's beta, and there's a flaw right there that needs fixing. If it's still there in the retail release I'll start setting up a barricade to climb onto, but for now I'd just try to deal with it. I'm losing quite a heap of stuff too, mind you. I don't magically get to keep, say, a deleted character's inventory.
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
|

« Reply #570 on: 30 Jan 2011, 19:53 »
Monsters are re-enabled now, bring your swords and a spare pair of underpants.

Aww, I hate monsters. They prevent any work from actually getting done. Oh well.

Peder 🚀

• Been nearly 10 years, think it's time for a change
    • Lifetime Achievement Award Winner
    • Peder 🚀 worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Peder 🚀 worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #571 on: 31 Jan 2011, 14:11 »
AGSCraft seems to be acting funny alot, it has basically crashed the last 2 nights. Don't see anything strange happening in the log so dunno what it is. Not sure if it is caused by the map being a bit large again.. Hopefully either me or Calin will figure out what is wrong and have the server back running as normal without interruptions.

« Reply #572 on: 31 Jan 2011, 18:45 »
Perhaps there should be limitations on how large the maps should be on width and length? Or is that even possible.
Not that I play that often, it just seems stupid to have the map become almost a gig in memory.

Galen

« Reply #573 on: 01 Feb 2011, 01:32 »
Perhaps there should be limitations on how large the maps should be on width and length? Or is that even possible.
Not that I play that often, it just seems stupid to have the map become almost a gig in memory.

Might be possible to use a map editor to add some chunks of pure bedrock around the max boundry of the map.
Failing that you could definitely find a chunk editor and just delete those annoying map off-shoots completely.

ShiverMeSideways

• AGS Baker
  • Fighting off monsters with my tears!
    • I can help with scripting
    • ShiverMeSideways worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • ShiverMeSideways worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #574 on: 02 Feb 2011, 10:25 »
Wahey, I can see my house now on Cartographer!

Also, I would like to publicly thank Peder for graciously offering me one of the guest accounts. I'll be playing for quite a bit since I'm now on vacation for a couple of weeks and I hope I can build something neat. (I'm AGSguest1)

Also, awesome creations everyone! :D

Wonkyth

• Liscence to Misspell.
    • I can help with AGS tutoring
    • I can help with play testing
    • I can help with proof reading
    • I can help with scripting
    • Wonkyth worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #575 on: 02 Feb 2011, 11:13 »
OMG, it's you!
"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

DoorKnobHandle

• Mittens Serf
    • DoorKnobHandle worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • DoorKnobHandle worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #576 on: 08 Feb 2011, 02:09 »
I have to say, the monsters have killed all the fun for me. I know a lot of people asked for them to be turned on but even when I sneak into the server from time to time now, there's really never anybody else on anymore. Maybe turning them off again would be an option? Is there anybody else who would like them off as well?

« Reply #577 on: 08 Feb 2011, 02:14 »
I don't go on much anymore because I was getting tired of the lag and poor programming. The monsters were supposed to be cool, but they come in gigantic waves and were nearly impossible to kill in multiplayer. Whether this has been fixed since I've last been on, I don't know.

« Reply #578 on: 08 Feb 2011, 08:24 »
I don't go on much anymore because I was getting tired of the lag and poor programming. The monsters were supposed to be cool, but they come in gigantic waves and were nearly impossible to kill in multiplayer. Whether this has been fixed since I've last been on, I don't know.

They don't come in waves, but there are a shitload of them and they do so much damage. The spiders are way too fast and nearly impossible to kill or run away from with even the slightest amount of lag. That and spiders and creepers don't despawn until like midday, which gives you like 3 minutes of building time every 10 minutes.

I don't know, I just find mobs really annoying.

dkh, I'm totally with you on the monsters thing.

Calin Leafshade

• Long live King Cat!
    •  
« Reply #579 on: 08 Feb 2011, 09:00 »
Ok I listen to the users. The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

I'll disable mobs