Dig in, Minecraft [AGSCraft server] BACK ONLINE!

Started by Peder 🚀, Fri 24/09/2010 03:35:59

Previous topic - Next topic

straydogstrut

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Fri 11/02/2011 04:19:26
Also the Planetoids one they played looked pretty fun too for a short while. It would mostly be fun because of all the cool bridges you could make between each sphere mass and the challenge of finding the right elements that you need.

Haven't seen the vid as it won't open on this Apple thing, but that sounds cool. When Crimson and I found those floating islands I thought about something like that.

Also, that sounds awesome Voh. I think I would go insane without the sky though!

voh

To be honest, it's not that bad. The problem is, however, that while expanding my Garden, I tunneled a little too high (this is one wicked high room) and suddenly the sun shone in. Frickin' sand.

SO BRIGHT.

It was actually a little uncomfortable and I plugged the holes as quickly as I could. I haven't actually set foot outside, I've just been burnt badly by the sun :')

Also, I may have been a little too enthusiastic in expanding the Garden (it's 45x40, and 20 high).

If I want to make the ceiling blue with dyed wool, I'm going to need about, oh, 28 stacks of Lapis Lazuli.

Yeah. I doubt it :P

(my alternative of using glass and water won't help much, either, since I've got 3 stacks of glass and besides the additional sand from the cave-ins, that's all I'm likely to get :')

edit: Also, clearing out a 40x45x20 room with stone pickaxes takes a LOT of work. Haharrrrr long term project.
Still here.

Ryan Timothy B

I actually started playing again, mostly because of those Yogscast videos. I found this gigantic cave vein and I totally burnt up 2 iron picks and have almost used up 128 torches (or more). I have no wood in my inventory. So I can't make another pick. I've been aimlessly wondering around trying to find my way home. :(

I need sunlight....

Edit: OMG, I'm out! That took me forever.. And oddly enough, once I got outside, I knew the direction of my house even though I was in the middle of a lake.

Phemar

Survival island is pretty awesome so far, but the server went down last night and now I can't connect. Help me!

Peder 🚀

Seems both servers went down.. The original one has actually been pretty unstable lately so I don't think it has anything to do with having 2 running at the same time..

Both should be back up and running (though atm I can't even log in too minecraft.net so)

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: Phemar on Sat 12/02/2011 11:37:25
Survival island is pretty awesome so far
Damn you've guys did a lot. It's too bad I had to work yesterday and today. :P

It was funny when we started it. I was the one who chopped the tree down and carelessly made picks instead of any torches. Didn't even think of how we'd see underground. We had to wait for the trees to grow again. haha

DoorKnobHandle

Quote from: dkh on Thu 10/02/2011 14:27:33
Hmm, can't connect again.

Code: ags

Failed to connect to the server

Connection refused: connect

This error pops up very quickly, unlike the other errors we all got a couple of times before it would work and log us in. Did I drop off the whitelist maybe? I'm NihiLSC.

Getting that same error again. :(

Galen

Okay update on "Survivalia":

1. Cactus farm no longer necessary, feel free to recycle the materials.
2. I converted the skeleton dungeon into a trap. Used the resulting 80 bonemeal to boost the farm up to full strength and then made a double chest full of bread.
3. Posted a sign board of rules. Make of it what you will.
4. Creeper spawned on Phemar's house... tnt was the ONLY WAY. I rebuilt it as best I could.

Phemar

Haha thanks Galen :D

Well I found the treasure of the Lost Curator and I've lit up most of the caves and tunnels.

The underground should be pretty safe for wandering now!

SpacePirateCaine

Still wondering what it said on that sign next to the lava pit. Thanks to my destroying creepers the old-fashioned "Lure and explode" way, we may never know, though. Even so, it was jolly-good fun to explore.
Check out MonstroCity! | Level 0 NPCs on YouTube! | Life's far too short to be pessimistic.

Peder 🚀

Quote from: dkh on Sun 13/02/2011 01:51:57
Quote from: dkh on Thu 10/02/2011 14:27:33
Hmm, can't connect again.

Code: ags

Failed to connect to the server

Connection refused: connect

This error pops up very quickly, unlike the other errors we all got a couple of times before it would work and log us in. Did I drop off the whitelist maybe? I'm NihiLSC.

Getting that same error again. :(

Strange, your whitelisted on both servers with the nick "NihiLSC".

DoorKnobHandle

I just tried it again and it's back to working, dunno what the issue is/was or if anybody changed anything or it just fixed itself.

EDIT: and now it's back to that error again.

I noticed my nick is actually "NihilSC" with a non-capital L. Unlikely that this is the cause as I never got this error before like two days ago.

Peder 🚀

I have now then added "NihilSC" to the whitelist and it DOES matter.. it seems some people manage to log on sometimes without being whitelisted... I'd go about explaining why then the website shows you as whitelisted but I am to tired to do that right now ;P

Galen

Any chance of checking mine? I've not been able to log into the normal server for a couple of days now.

Also surely DuncanFx and Junc should never have been able to join since neither or whitelisted according to the site. What's the deal with that?

DoorKnobHandle

Damien

I get the same error logging in as DrGeiger even though I appear to be whitelisted.

Darth Mandarb

Not that anybody cares :P but I'm pretty sure I'm done with Minecraft. 

It has way too many problems, runs like shit on my machine (which it shouldn't), and if you post even the slightest bit of negativity on the minecraft forums (asking about the problem(s) or in ANY form of criticism) they just delete your post and ban your account/IP.  That's not how you run a "business". 

I also can't stand the hero-worship of this Notch guy.  He doesn't deserve it. 

I'd ask for my money back but I'm sure I'd never hear back from them on the request so I'm not even going to bother.

Shame really.  It's an incredible format/idea.  I'd like to see a competent developer re-create it (using a different name) so it actually works.  S/He'd make a fortune that's for sure.

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Mon 14/02/2011 18:58:40
It has way too many problems, runs like shit on my machine (which it shouldn't), and if you post even the slightest bit of negativity on the minecraft forums (asking about the problem(s) or in ANY form of criticism) they just delete your post and ban your account/IP.  That's not how you run a "business". 

That's because you didn't post two in-game screenshots, Darth!  :=

Anyway, joking aside, yes. The guy is a complete business fluke. The game does run like rubish, but it is also getting better.. Of course he prioritizes himself differently than most businesses would by adding more features rather than fixing the already broken ones. I'm not sure I'm ready to completely drop Minecraft because of it.

You should definitely check it out once it reaches the 'completed' state.

IndieBoy

I really doubt it will be completed. Once the sales die, he will eventually lose interest and make it open source. Hopefully by then someone out there would have created a solid structured and stable game out of it. I really enjoy the free and openness of the game, but it will reach a limit if there isn't some form formal planning on the production of the game. He may be a business fluke, but if he hires the right people to run it then I think it will be a different story. It is pretty much an independent "WOW". Some people take it very seriously, some people are just 10 year olds and some people were expecting more from the game. I can't say for sure what the future is for the game, but right now it keeps me entertained. Maybe it is the players of the game that make the game exciting and not actually the "well thought out" design of the game, either way it isn't going to disappear for a long time.
Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

BeardFacePixelHead

Notch and company have announced a timetable suggesting a "final" version of the game by the end of this year.  Final, of course, being what they call done before they continue adding a whole mess of stuff to it.

They also have a second project in the works.  I don't think they'll forget Minecraft for quite a while yet.  It was the game that made Notch a multi-millionaire, and allowed them to start Mojang Specifications in a very official way. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk