Dig in, Minecraft [AGSCraft server] BACK ONLINE!

Started by Peder 🚀, Fri 24/09/2010 03:35:59

Previous topic - Next topic

DoorKnobHandle

Quote from: dkh on Sun 13/02/2011 18:25:08
I just tried it again and it's back to working, dunno what the issue is/was or if anybody changed anything or it just fixed itself.

EDIT: and now it's back to that error again.

I noticed my nick is actually "NihilSC" with a non-capital L. Unlikely that this is the cause as I never got this error before like two days ago.

Got that error AGAIN. Really annoying. Any ideas what could be causing it this time?

EDIT: and it's working again :p

Peder 🚀

I'd like some feedback on AGSCraft Survival Island.
How many days should the server be online each time?
And what days of the week is most prefferable?

I am currently working on making it start, stop the server and reset the map automatically, so I will need to know your answers to the questions above!

Damien

5-7 days per session sounds good with a reset on thursday. Haven't played survival island that much but it seems it turns into regular minecraft after that period.

Thanks for whitelisting/fixing my account btw.

DoorKnobHandle

Quote from: dkh on Tue 15/02/2011 17:42:19
Quote from: dkh on Sun 13/02/2011 18:25:08
I just tried it again and it's back to working, dunno what the issue is/was or if anybody changed anything or it just fixed itself.

EDIT: and now it's back to that error again.

I noticed my nick is actually "NihilSC" with a non-capital L. Unlikely that this is the cause as I never got this error before like two days ago.

Got that error AGAIN. Really annoying. Any ideas what could be causing it this time?

EDIT: and it's working again :p

I was playing just fine, all of the sudden it drops me and I'm back to the error. Sigh.

Peder 🚀

Strange, I really got no idea why it is happening.. Will have to ask Calin to check the whitelist script that it works the way it should...

Calin Leafshade

It's not the whitelist. Its when the server goes down and isnt running.

We need to set up a script that checks if the server is running and boots it if its not.

Peder 🚀

Did it crash around when dkh posted his post though?

Calin Leafshade

DoorKnobHandle

It was working a couple of minutes ago. Then I left, restarted Minecraft and now I am getting a "Bad login" error once, and then "End of stream" every time I re-try. When I restart Minecraft it gives me "Bad login" again only once, then "End of stream". All these errors pop up as quickly as that previous error. Is this the same issue with the server just being down?

EDIT: And, of course, 20 minutes later its all back to working fine again. :D

Ryan Timothy B

Did the server collapse again? I can't connect.

Calin Leafshade

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: Peder Johnsen on Tue 15/02/2011 19:22:36
I'd like some feedback on AGSCraft Survival Island.
I was okay with the weekend rule, but.. but.. is it not running this weekend? :P

Peder 🚀

Well the weekend is allready over now :P oh well..
I had a PC free weekend.

Still kinda waiting for more feedback about it to decide on how long it should stay online per island..
If everyone is ok with:
Thursday 8AM GMT - Monday 8AM GMT
I shall work out a script to automate it..

Ryan Timothy B

The weekend isn't over yet! It's Family Day today. A completely retarded stat holiday that started in 2008 here in Ontario.
Doing a wiki search shows 2 American states, South Africa, 5 Canadian provinces and an island called Vanuatu in Vietnam, that all celebrate this odd 'Family Day'.

:P
So I want to play some good ol' survival island right now!
haha I'm only kidding. I've got tons of programming to catch up on and I honestly don't have that much of a burning desire to play Minecraft.

Phemar

Family Day? Damn, I'm in South Africa and we didn't get the privilege of a holiday :/

Then again, I don't really care since every day is a holiday when you're unemployed :D

Peder, why don't you have the survival island server online 24/7 and have it reset the world at 8am GMT every thursday? I think that could work.

Ryan Timothy B

Argh. Sorry Phemar, looks like I won't be logging back in for a bit. I had a missing chunk and tried reconnecting to the server to remedy it, but Minecraft.net is down so it won't allow me to connect without verifying my username/password.

Peder 🚀

Quote from: Phemar on Mon 21/02/2011 17:32:36
Peder, why don't you have the survival island server online 24/7 and have it reset the world at 8am GMT every thursday? I think that could work.

The reason is simple, to try and avoid to much workload on the server by running to servers at the same time (not sure if it actually matters or not but the original idea was to only have survival on for a few days every week to give people a break from the other server. and also it seems after some days it ends up pretty much like the normal server anyway. the last survival it did not take many days untill someone found land elsewhere, which kinda ruins the whole point of the survival island... :S :P)

Phemar

Haha ok. (I think that was me :P )

Maybe we can rotate between the different versions as well? There's a version (1.1, I think?) that is a bit bigger than this one and has quite a lot of grass.

Peder 🚀

That is fully possible yes, I believe I have both of them ready on the server.

Phemar

Yay, 1.3 is here.

We have BEDS!
And Delay blocks!
Naturally occuring Sandstone!
Optional Smooth Lighting mode!

Oh yes and a new world creations system thingy...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk