Dig in, Minecraft [AGSCraft server] BACK ONLINE!

Started by Peder 🚀, Fri 24/09/2010 03:35:59

Previous topic - Next topic

DoorKnobHandle

Is the (normal) server down again? I tried logging in over the last 6-8 hours and I keep getting the "connection failed" error I posted about before.

Phemar

Peder 🚀

Sorry about the downtime, the normal server is now back up!
I shall try and sort out the Survival Island server for this week..

Phemar

Shit. It looks like AGSCraft has been the victim of some serious griefing... Basically everything made out wood is gone, there's cactii and saplings planted everywhere, windows punched out and lava flowing all around.

Pity, it was such a nice world :/

Galen

Calin did say he was resetting it in three days, three days ago. ¬_¬

DoorKnobHandle

I asked for 3 days of notice because I knew that I could only at this point in time make that screen recording of the beautiful world we all spend so much time in and on.

Now some asshole, excuse the language, destroyed it all. Can we find out who was online and then ban them from the server as well as the forum (in case it is a forum member) - unless they apologize and/or explain themselves? That would probably satisfy my anger. :p

Galen

=| Yeah...  I thought it would be reset that afternoon anyway... err... my bad.
You can always take a video from the backup though?

DoorKnobHandle

You did it? Sorry for being a little... direct... there, I just loaded up the world and got a little raged seeing everything gone that I worked hard for. In the future I think it should be etiquette to let people destroy their own stuff and only that, unless you get permission.

I also didn't realize we had backups so no harm done there after all. Sorry again for the namecalling!

Galen

No it's my bad. I was just going off the deadline and assumed the server was going to be reset in a few hours so I figured I'd take a few screenshots of it all crumbling down before the new map.
I'm uploading an album of what I had screenshotted pre-mapchangepocolypse.

DoorKnobHandle

Oh, awesome, can't wait to see the pictures then haha!

Galen

Phemar

Galen you evil bastard :P I spent half an hour repairing your house before I realized everything had been destroyed lol.

Expect revenge on the next map when you least expect it... bwahaha.

(just kidding ;) )

(...or am I?)

Galen

You may revenge me, I accept all punishment for being twat (though I really did think it would be reset shortly :|).

Peder 🚀

Not sure how recent any backups that might of been taken are... There is a AGSCraft9 world zip in the worlds part of the website, but that one is way old... Destroying a world should allways only happen when a "day before" backup is confirmed!!!!!

Usually I have only zipped the old world folders once a new world is generated....

Stupot

Hey peeps.
I've said previously that I have no intention of buying Minecraft... but I'm kind of starting to cave.
So, I was wondering if someone could give me a brief few words about what you guys are actually doing and what this AGScraft business is all about and what I'd have to do to get involved (if you want me that is).

Phemar

I'd say if you really wanted to know what it's about you should have a look at those survival island videos posted earlier.

Or else just look around youtube. I like playing on peaceful though when I play online (lag makes it hard to kill monsters) so for me it's more like three dimensional pixel art!

Stupot

Oh yeh, I've been watching those Yogscast vids.  That's basically what got me thinking about MC in the first place, haha.  those guys are hilarious.

Peder 🚀

World is reset, can't seem to find any backups of AGSCraft9 so unfortnatly there is only the one allready in the worlds folder on the website, which is way old. I'll upload the "destroyed" one too if anyone wants....

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: Phemar on Tue 01/03/2011 08:34:03
I like playing on peaceful though when I play online (lag makes it hard to kill monsters) so for me it's more like three dimensional pixel art!
I was told that the monsters on MP were fixed. Their attacking distance was decreased or something.
I'm tempted to try it.

Arboris

that would explain why i can beat spiders so easily now. Still getting ambushed by creepers tho :(

Concept shooter. Demo version 1.05

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk