Dig in, Minecraft [AGSCraft server] BACK ONLINE!

Started by Peder 🚀, Fri 24/09/2010 03:35:59

Previous topic - Next topic

IndieBoy

Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

IndieBoy

So, guys... is ags minecraft dead?
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

straydogstrut

It's been ages, but I wouldn't mind some MC action again. Haven't seen this thread come up in a while though=S

Galen

I think so, yes. Only Phemar has been a consistant builder on the server as far as I can see. And without monsters or any kind of village/city structures it feels a bit like "Hey build a house? Built it? Okay you're done!"

Infact that's something a lot of our maps have suffered from. If the server is restarted would any of you be up for a community-built walled city next map?

straydogstrut

I'll definitely mosey on down for a look, yes, though I recall the original Darthville was a similar idea so not sure how popular it will be this time around. Worth a shot tho!

IndieBoy

Well we went from one extreme to another. One stage being able to spawn blocks and have a creative server. Then to no spawning but with mobs on, making it a survival server. However, right now the mobs are off and the spawning of blocks are off so it is all very mundane.

Domino

Anybody here try FortressCraft for the Xbox360? It is similar to Minecraft, but not as good.

I purchased it today on the Indie Marketplace games. It is neat, but nowhere near as rich as Minecraft. But with enough support, the game will be added to.

I spent a little bit of time building a small house and such. Hopefully it will get better over time just like MC did.

http://fortresscraft.com/

edit: TOTAL MINER is better than FC.

Peder 🚀

Woot! Server is reborn! Got no idea what settings are on and not etc.. Will check it out later, time for bed!

Check first post for IP etc!

Wonkyth

Yay!
Now I have a server to play on that isn't retarded and only lags badly!

Is there any chance we could get some hostiles around?
"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

straydogstrut

Really, really? It's not April already surely?!

This one seemed to die a pitiful death quietly in the corner. I was sad to see it go :'( I've been looking for some AGS MC action again lately but thought this was the elephant in the room..

I fly off to Barcelona on sunday but will definitely try to fit in some MC before I go ;D

Phemar

Yay something to waste time on again!! Unfortunately my guest account (AGSCraftGuest2) doesn't seem to be working... :(

Peder 🚀

Phemar, one of them are given away, I don't remember which. But once I know I'll let you have the other one ;). (4life).

Phemar

Quote from: Peder Johnsen+ on Sun 16/10/2011 02:39:51
Phemar, one of them are given away, I don't remember which. But once I know I'll let you have the other one ;). (4life).

My hero! I wouldn't mind sharing one with somebody. I probably won't be able to play 24/7 anymore now that I have a 9 to 5 and a few other commitments.

Wonkyth

Having finally moved out of Arj's place, I now need some redstone.
Anyone seen any deposits around?

Phemar

Quote from: Wonkyth on Sun 16/10/2011 09:45:48
Having finally moved out of Arj's place, I now need some redstone.
Anyone seen any deposits around?

Have you checked underground? :D

Wonkyth

Oh, so That's where it's found!
I've been looking in the sky!
Speaking of looking in the sky, the spawn-zone is making it very hard to make my sky-house D:

EDIT: Peder, could you find some no-xp mod and install it? Currently, every time I die, the amount of xp I give off lags the whole server until the mess is cleaned up, which usually takes about 5 minutes. D:
EDIT2: something like this  plox.

Arboris

We all know the standard textures are absolutely horrible, so if you want to spice up your game a little bit you should give this texture pack a try:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/376784-16x-32x-64x-128x-256x-512x19pre3-sphax-purebdcraft-aetherzipline-v093-101011/

Using the 128x version of this pack, and it suits minecraft really well. If you want the 512x version, be sure to have the 64bit java running. It uses alot of memory

I'm also using a water refelction mod, which causes Oblivion like water.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/542215-181-water-shader-alpha-v4d/

This one requires a little bit of manual installation, but its really simple to do (I got it to work :D).

Concept shooter. Demo version 1.05

Peder 🚀

Mod added.

Crimson Wizard

Haven't been here for a while (and haven't played Minecraft for a while). I tried single player, liked the food bar addition. I took some time to learn how to farm (crops, wood etc) properly and found it actually may be fun.

Connected to the server just to check... and made creeper blow someone's work just near the spawn point :( sorry for that.
Is there any way to disable creepers or reduce amount of damage they do?  :-\

What do you think about monsters in multiplayer? Is it possible to deal with them without much ache? I remember arrows are great when dealing with mobs, but you need plenty. Melee weapons were pretty useless though.
I guess people should team up to protect the settlements from mobs. It may be pretty dangerous to fight alone.

Anyway, are there any plans for the game, like building the town or something like we had in the past on this server? I finally got some free time IRL so I may as well join.

Wonkyth

As much as monsters can be annoying, and the creepers are slowly ravaging the landscape, I did ask for it, and I think the need to sleep gives a small feeling of cooperation.  :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk