Dig in, Minecraft [AGSCraft server] BACK ONLINE!

Started by Peder 🚀, Fri 24/09/2010 03:35:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Atelier

Is the AGS server still alive? Or is it only available at certain times?

Peder 🚀

It crashed hard when I rebooted the whole server the other day, and I just haven't had any time to properly check out what is wrong. Trying to sort it out now though :).

Crimson Wizard

I suggest to check where spawn point is set in the current world. There were issues when new people (including myself) were spawned on some distant island having no protection from monsters.

Peder 🚀

The server is back online!

AGSCraft Server:
217.174.240.177:6668

Crimson Wizard

Peder 🚀

No :P (I honestly don't really know if it's possible with the buckit(?) mod I use. But I'll take a look once I get back to the UK at the beginning of February ;).

Ryan Timothy B

According to this site you can have a "safe creeper" with Bukkit. I vote for that.

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/safe-creeper/

Crimson Wizard

My reasoning is not that they kill players (other mobs do too, for instance I found skeleton archers more dangerous under some circumstances), but that they destroy structures.
The only value of creeper, AFAIK, is gunpowder they leave on death. Gunpowder is used for some funny stuff, like TNT and fireworks (from latest update). Don't know if that's worth it though.
Wiki also states some other mobs drop gunpowder, like Ghasts and Whitches.

Peder 🚀

I'll probably sort it out when I get home or if I find some time to do it while I'm here.

Crimson Wizard

A strange thing happened. I tried to make a new, zoomed out, map using one of the existing maps #0 (the ones, precreated by Peder), and the original map 0 stopped working :-/. It shows nothing but blank paper now. I could make more maps, though, and they are working.

E: I found this in bugs section:
Duplicating a map and zooming one out will make the other map unload and appear empty. This can be fixed by reloading the world.
What does this mean: "reloading the world"?

EE: well, copying maps (from active to blank one) seem working, but zooming out a map breaks another if it displayed same area in smaller scale. At least thats what my tests show.

EEE: Not completely sure, but it appears that when all player disconnect from server, the next time map fixes. Still need to check this out more times.

Crimson Wizard

Since cartography is not working, I made those screenshots of two maps. They have same center, but different zoom.

medium map:
Spoiler

[close]
big map:
Spoiler

[close]
LEGEND:
A. NPC Village
B. Someone's house... probably, BrutalSlakt's, but not sure.
C. Desert Temple.
D. Wyz's house.
E. Crimson Wizard's small farm.
F. Starting point and safe house.
G. Atelier's house.
H. Voh's island.
I. Ryan Timothy's house.
J. Atelier's castle.
K. Crimson Wizard's plantation.
L. Ryan's and Crimson's cattle farm.
M. Witch's Hut (appoximately)
N. Jungle Temple (approximately).

Spoiler

[close]

Ryan Timothy B

Ghost

RElatively close to the spawn spot, where the large stairway leads to the water... that's technically where I am building.

Due to my shitty net I drop out every few minutes, so it's going slow.  :P

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Ghost on Tue 22/01/2013 07:11:25
RElatively close to the spawn spot, where the large stairway leads to the water... that's technically where I am building.
Wait... you dont mean my older farm, do you? I was just wondering who took all the stuff there and also placed a new wooden sword in nearby chest :P

BTW, does the server work? http://agscraft.agsarchives.com/ tells AGSCraft is offline...

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Tue 22/01/2013 07:23:38
BTW, does the server work? http://agscraft.agsarchives.com/ tells AGSCraft is offline...
Yeah, that's what I was getting at with the "Did she blow up?" lol

It's been down for a couple days for me.

Peder 🚀

I had to restart the server the other day due to being unable to reach it via ssh, forgot to check the status on the AGSCraft server, will look into it now and get it up and running if not.

[EDIT]
The server should now work again!

Ghost

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Tue 22/01/2013 07:23:38
Wait... you dont mean my older farm, do you? I was just wondering who took all the stuff there and also placed a new wooden sword in nearby chest :P

I took quite a few things from the "safe house", but not from any other houses I found (pretty sure about that...). I take it chests aren't "common goods"?  :)

Crimson Wizard

I was mostly worried about missing maps, there was whole stack of free maps depicting an area surrounding spawn point, and its no longer in safe house :-/. I just hope that was taken by occasional mistake rather than malicious purpose.
As for the small farm at the end of high staircase, I moved from there long ago (mostly because it lacked plain land around), so I think its public property now :).
There was not so much stuff in the safe house, and even less now. IDK if anything needed there? Not many people join this game, and those who did already seem to settle down well.

Crimson Wizard

The Two Towers mining operation was established on the joint of three biomes, just above vast cave complex. Three open ravines, and at least two undeground ones are located in the vicinity. Unfathomed depths hold countless dangers and treasures.

Spoiler

[close]

... Now waiting for Atelier to finish his castle :)

Crimson Wizard

3 posts in a row... :/

Nether coordinates:
Spoiler

Ryan Timothy's portal: -109, 49, 58
Swamp portal: -115, 51, -15

Nether Fortresses (approximate coords, to give general direction):
(Notice that x & y are about the same, as fortresses are "aligned" generally along Z axis, as noted in the minecraft wiki: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Nether_fortress#Trivia)
* 550, 60, 200
* 550, 60, 0
* 550, 60, -200
That's one strip I found, probably there are more, maybe even closer to portals.
[close]

E: Regarding the Nether... I haven't visited it much before, so this long travel was a completely new experience.
Unfortunately I found Nether mostly boring, and pretty annoying. Not much to look at, not much valuable things, and a lot of repeating terrain, which may be quite difficult to pass and provides little landmarks.
By the way, I think minecraftwiki overestimates the danger of Blazes (ones who drop valuable Blaze Rods). It is possible to kill lots of them near spawners by just ambushing them, as they appear, and keep slashing with sword. Or just run & strafe, if they are at a distance, until their are close enough for melee.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk