Dig in, Minecraft [AGSCraft server] BACK ONLINE!

Started by Peder 🚀, Fri 24/09/2010 03:35:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost

I thought the same of the Nether (the only really worthwhile stuff there seemed to be Blazes to get an alchemy station). The beta Redstone Update introduces a couple of new materials exclusive to the Nether, and some of them are already in the current snapshots- Quartz which can be crafted into several cool new circuit items, and also a very stylish "marble" block are the most noteable. Surely makes the place a bit more important.
Unfortunately upgrading to the snapshots madethe AGS server "outdated" for me- is it planned to update it after the official Redstone Update?

DarkWater

It was nice meeting Crimson Wizard and BrutalSlakt on the server today :D

Crimson Wizard

......And meanwhile, wandering aimlessly alone around the world, in my free time, I gathered over 1000 iron. I think that's my personal record in Minecraft :).

Quote from: Ghost
Unfortunately upgrading to the snapshots madethe AGS server "outdated" for me- is it planned to update it after the official Redstone Update?
I guess this will require to create a new world. Which makes my 1k iron stack totally worthless :).

Ghost

Not sure if a new world is required; I was able to update my (personal) worlds without any problems.

1k of iron is pretty impressive!

Peder 🚀

I'll upgrade the server as soon as I'm able to with the bukkit mod I'm using.. The server is run by the software Multicraft, but I believe it collects new jar files from official sources and not something internal of Multicraft so I should probably have access to the latest updates when they get done..

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Ghost on Sun 10/03/2013 21:49:52
Not sure if a new world is required; I was able to update my (personal) worlds without any problems.
I was wondering, how the new block types (like quartz ores) will be incorporated to the existing world. Will they only present on newly generated areas?

Haddas

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Fri 15/03/2013 17:42:17
Quote from: Ghost on Sun 10/03/2013 21:49:52
I was wondering, how the new block types (like quartz ores) will be incorporated to the existing world. Will they only present on newly generated areas?

Yeah. Hi, new guy here. Still looking for a place to set up base

And yes, the only way to get the new ores is to generate new chunks.

Crimson Wizard

Ok, I have my client updated. So waiting for server update now.

BTW, maybe we could, like, build a town, or a fortress somewhere? The server feels a bit lonely sometimes ;). I remember there were good times with Darthville and similar projects, where lots of people built different stuff nearby.
I could donate my 1k iron for railroads, also a lot of stone & coal was dug up.

Duh!
http://www.retributiongames.com/quandary/img/slide-5.jpg

Haddas

I've always dreamed of a giant open quarry. That's what I'll make at some point. Probably early on to get resources. They also look cool.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Haddas on Mon 18/03/2013 09:16:17
I've always dreamed of a giant open quarry.
That's easy with those Creepers roaming around  (laugh)

Crimson Wizard

WyZ suggested to use this program: http://mvc.craften.de/ to change client version. A bit confusing at start, but seems working, I could connect to server again.

Saw new Atelier's temple, its huge :).

Since more people are arriving, Atelier's coords: -1276 ,-225, my house: -1125, -130.

DarkWater

Maybe it's just me, but it would be nice if besides just a /home command, there was a /spawn command so we could esily meet up at spawn to do team building things.

Crimson Wizard

Atelier, if you read this, book writing IS working. Maybe you used wrong schema to create a book & quill? You need ink sac too (from octopods)!
Just tested, wrote and signed a book.

Atelier

This is what I see.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/75746167@N06/6972861754/

According to the wiki it's caused by an outdated Java on Mac OSX.

Monsieur OUXX

hey guys,

Are there some connection restrictions to the server? I connect using the IP and port, abd it seems to work, but then I lose connection instantly.

Peder 🚀

There shouldn't be, what's your Minecraft username?

Crimson Wizard

There's a "gamerule" operator command, and "mobGriefing" parameter, that defines if mobs (such as creepers) can destroy enviroment:
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Cheats

If I understand this correctly, it should work without any mods. If this is right, may it be disabled? ;)

EDIT: more info:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1561239-turning-off-mob-greefing/#entry19101068

ALSO, might be interesting:
/gamerule keepInventory [true:false]
Even if dead, you can enable/disable players keeping their inventory after dying.
^_^

Peder 🚀

I just tried performing the commands in the server console but only get "Unknown command" returned..

[EDIT]
I tried again and it seems it might have worked.. I can't test as I don't have the Minecraft version the server currently is running and can't be bothered to downgrade to test.

Crimson Wizard

It works! Creepers don't blow things now.
Not sure about inventory thing...

UPD: inventory and exp stays if you are killed in Overworld (normal world). It drops if you are killed on Nether or End.

Crimson Wizard

We just killed EnderDragon with Atelier.... :P

UPD: we now have an Ender Egg. If there will ever be a city, we should put it in the central temple :).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk