Primordia

Started by Pinback, Fri 24/09/2010 19:45:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinback

This has been in production for some time now, I thought it was about time to formally announce it.
After my first attempt at making a proper adventure game (Homunculi) failed miserably due to a lack of planning (And my utter suckage at writing), I decided to get a team together and start again from scratch. The result is;

PRIMORDIA
A Point and Click Adventure

Ages have passed since legendary Man walked the planet.  Now, in the desolate wastelands beyond the city of Metropol, an android named Horatio jealousy guards his freedom, independence and of course his only companion, a small floater robot.  The duo's only means of survival are lost when a marauding foe steals his power source, forcing Horatio to leave the safety of his home and set out on a perilous journey into the wastes- and into his own mysterious past.

Horatio:  You know, I always wanted to be able to fly.  It just felt . . . right.  That’s why I built you with a mag-lev unit.

Crispin:  Not so that you could store tools on hard-to-reach ledges?

Horatio:  Well, that too.

Features include;

• Immersive storyline
  • Beautifully scored
  • Lushly illustrated graphics
  • Fully voiced, engaging characters
  • Fluid animations
  • Intricate game world filled with curiosities

For more info or some concept art; check out our website

"First, in thy infancy, in a mad confusion, denouncing the shrine as a weapon once turned against thee.  Later, thou returnedst, penitent, and I taught thee the mysteries of Humanism."   - E.F.L

Haggis

Sounds very cool! Liking the atmosphere and strange-robot-faced-man-holding-book character.
Looking forward to its release.

Android! That's the word i was looking for!

posts combined by darth - please don't double-post

Atelier

Wow Pinback. Nice job and great art as always.

Dualnames

That was the biggest coincidence I've had in my life. I was watching Amnesia: Dark Descent Trailer and it suggested Homunculi, and I wondered how was Primordia going on.  :D

I'm also glad that I've seen an alpha of this game.

QuoteWarning - while you were typing 3 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Never experienced that.  :o
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Fitz

Looks gorgeous! Kind of Giger-esque here and there, both in character design and locations. Hi-res would have looked even more lovely - but I don't mind the lo-res all that much :) And I really liked the little sample of dialogue, makes the characters likeable.

Keep up the good work!

cianty

WOW! The screenshots are amazing! Very cool atomsphere.

By the way, I had a look at the website and the pages don't work quite right..
ca. 70% completed

Pinback

Quote from: cianty on Fri 24/09/2010 20:53:31

By the way, I had a look at the website and the pages don't work quite right..

Is it a layout problem on the website or are the pages just not loading for you?

Chicky

http://www.primordiagame.com/primordia_about.htt

your links seem messed up, (.htt?)

Your art on the other hand is not! Beautiful work Pinback.

Anian

For some reason, when reading the abstract, I thought, "Oh, like Wall-E." It's not like that though.

It seems like your usual awesome art style, plus with all the name dropping I'm sure the story will be good.  :)
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Derrick Freeland

Firstly, this looks amazing.
My only problem is with the resolution.
I'm sure it will be a great game in either low or high, but I think your art suffers a bit at this resolution.  It might detract from the over-all game experience.  As someone playing this game, I would want to see all the excellent detail you've created for your setting and characters. 

Really looking forward to playing this.

ThreeOhFour

Some beautiful work here, Pinback (as expected). Bravo!

kconan

Those screenshots are stunning.  I can't wait for this one.  8)

cianty

@Website:
Yep: HTT-Files? Doesn't load at all. Maybe you need to rename the files to "html"?
ca. 70% completed

Pinback

Thanks for the props guys, and yeah, it seems anyone with Firefox won't be able to load the site properly- hopefully I'll have it fixed soon.

arj0n

FireFox people can install the 'IE Tab Plus' extension.
Then load the homepage of the Primordia site in a new tab.
Right-click on the tab and choose "switch render engine".
Then the site will be [re]loaded by the IE engine within FireFox and the whole site will load properly.

Or just wait for Pinback's site fix  ;)

Pinback

Quote from: Arj0n on Sat 25/09/2010 19:58:14
FireFox people can install the 'IE Tab Plus' extension.
Then load the homepage of the Primordia site in a new tab.
Right-click on the tab and choose "switch render engine".
Then the site will be [re]loaded by the IE engine within FireFox and the whole site will load properly.

Or just wait for Pinback's site fix  ;)

Thanks Arj0n, I actually just fixed everything (Christ, I hope so anyway!)

Back to the drawing board then, next update will hopefully include a few tunes too.

arj0n

Site now orks like a charm in FF3 & FF4beta6.

Awesome artwork btw, can't wait to see this game finished Pinback & team!

abstauber

Hey, looking great so far.

Good luck on finishing it!

beomoud

pure awesome... the graphics and style and atmosphere are out of this world

Igor Hardy

I'm another person who loves the graphics. Especially the second screenshot where the whole location looks a bit like the walls and objects are continuously melting... melting like a moose made out of green chocolate after being exposed to bulb light for a bit too long.

Or something like that. ;)

Virgil

I'm excited to see this finished!

Peder 🚀

This sounds and looks very interesting!

m0ds

I'm a lucky ducky to be involved, it's a great looking game with a lot of atmosphere...

Persephone Rose

This looks amazing.  Any chance you need more voice actors?  I'd love to help; I can provide samples of previous works.

Pinback

Quote from: theroachyjay on Mon 04/10/2010 10:57:54
This looks amazing.  Any chance you need more voice actors?  I'd love to help; I can provide samples of previous works.

Yeah, we totally need more voice talent- actually I should have mentioned this earlier, damn my scatterbrain! (I'll PM you btw)
I think we have the main parts covered but there are a myriad of smaller roles available, so yeah, anyone with a small sample is welcome to try out.

Pinback

Hey dudes,

I've now set up a donation/pre-order page on the site for those who are interested in supporting production for Primordia, or who just want a proper boxed version. The game will still be released in it's entirity as freeware, but for those of you who prefer a real, commercial quality boxed game on the shelf, or simply want to aid production and help out the team, I thought this would be a good idea to implement.

I was a little over ambitious with my 'late 2010' release date. To be on the safe side I'm pushing this back to february 2011 at the earliest, mid 2011 at the very, extreme latest (You really never know what will crop up and slow things down).
I'm going to be doing a fair bit more work on the game cover art and such for one thing, and there's just generally a whole lot more work involved in this production now than when it started.  

A basic boxed game pre-order package will set you back $40 USD, but this price includes postage.
The box art will be sweet though, the posters also very cool, and for patrons donating $100 or more their game will be shipped with an original concept illustration from Primordia. These will be fully rendered original illustrations, created using the highest quality materiels and also signed and dated by yours truly.
There are also a few other neats perks you get from donating, so if you like what you see and want to help us out (and can afford to, of course), be sure to take a gander at;

www.primordiagame.com

Thanks for all the help, support and interest guys,

Victor Pflug

Darius Poyer

Quote from: Pinback on Fri 24/09/2010 19:45:02
Features include;

• Immersive storyline
  • Beautifully scored
  • Lushly illustrated graphics
  • Fully voiced, engaging characters
  • Fluid animations
  • Intricate game world filled with curiosities

While I find this list boasting and thus insidious, it is hard to not find the visuals greatly appealing.

I remain cautiusly intrigued.

Pinback

Quote from: Darius Poyer on Thu 07/10/2010 19:26:45
While I find this list boasting and thus insidious, it is hard to not find the visuals greatly appealing.

I remain cautiusly intrigued.

It's freeware man, no need to be so cautious! Just believe the hype already!

Bulbapuck

Fuck, this is cool!

Looking forward to it!

Wonkyth

Quote that as a rave preview, Pinback, Bulba swore!

Oh, and you can quote me too:
Fuck, this is cool!

Looking forward to it!
"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

Bulbapuck

Pinback

Haha, thanks guys!

ROBO-TIME!

cianty

To quote the coke: I'm lovin' it!
ca. 70% completed

Emperor Justin

That's McDonald's.
Also, game looks awesome and will likely kick a bunch of ass.  Keep up the awesome work!

Anian

I think you're gonna need to put up something to show the art process, like theo did for Journey down recently.

Pinback

Quote from: anian on Mon 11/10/2010 19:17:47
I think you're gonna need to put up something to show the art process, like theo did for Journey down recently.

Yeah, I'd like to when I get time. I was really impressed by how much behind the scenes stuff Theo was willing to show actually, normally I never show any of my art processes to anyone but my closest friends- but I think I should be a bit more, shall we say, adventurous?

cianty

Quote from: Emperor Justin on Mon 11/10/2010 19:13:17
That's McDonald's.

Yieks. My fast food fu failed me...
ca. 70% completed

Pinback

Hey all!

I've been hoping to update sooner but it's been full steam ahead on production of Primordia!

However, leading up to christmas I hope to have a new website that showcases all our hard work a little better, with generally a lot more info and goodies laying about.
We have a special Primordial surprise in store for X-Mas too, but for now here's some brand spanking new artwork in the form of several wallpapers.

I made three sizes, and they're all available here;

www.primordiagame.com

Enjoy!

Wonkyth

Sweet!
I wish my screen was bigger, as currently they're all too big for my screen.  :-\

Chicky

Metropol is amazing! Fab background!

Matti

Very nice pictures! Keep it up.

markbilly

Those are really great. They have heaps of character - your style is very unique!

Can't wait for this! I'd love to see some animation, it's always hard to judge a game without seeing it moving... ;)

theo

Love the look of this, plain awesome!  :o

Keep up the good work, man!

Armageddon

Did you draw these on the PC or scan them into your computer? And did you make them pixel-like or is that just ags?

Dualnames

Quote from: Armageddon on Fri 26/11/2010 23:35:45
Did you draw these on the PC or scan them into your computer? And did you make them pixel-like or is that just ags?

I've coded this module that Pinback asked me to. So Pinback draws this, and via a certain algorithm I coded myself, it adds some effects to the image. I will release a working version of that module once the game is released.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Igor Hardy

Wow! This algorithm sounds incredible!

With some tweaking it could soon spare us the need of using artists, or possibly even our creative faculties in general! In fact maybe it'll allow AGS to finally implement that fabled "Make Game" button feature.

Pinback

Oh great they've seen the originals. Damnit Dualnames, stop chasing tail and making trouble for us- or I'll take you apart pixel by pixel!

But seriously, thanks for the props guys- glad you like the Metropol art.

@Armageddon I sketch everything on paper first, color in photoshop using a tablet and then resize them to fit our resolution. It's the re-sizing that gives the images thier pixelated look. Below is a brief explanation of how I make them, with pictures. AGS can do any style graphics really. I just love low resolution (320-200), and I can work pretty fast for the detail needed at that resolution.

My initial concept, although for simpler Primordia sprites I usually don't concept them first, as the design isnt crucial- so I go from idea straight to sprite.

Pencil sketch on cheap 'Arttec' A4 cartridge pad, with a Steadtler Mars micro 0.3 clutch pencil with HB lead. And PVC free eraser. Scanned at about 150 dpi.

Added color in CS4 with mostly soft round brushes.

Shrunk in Microsoft paint (Usually to around 30% the original size) Then outlines are cleaned up and a few stray pixels fixed. I added a dark brown outline to this one too.

BLUEKNIGHT38

Looks really cool.  Keep up the Great work.  Looking forward to playing this game. 

mode7

The whole art in this game is really outstanding. There's only one thing I don't understand: Why are you going for 320 resolution? The quality is begging to be in hires IMO.

Anian

Quote from: mode7 on Sat 27/11/2010 17:08:10
The whole art in this game is really outstanding. There's only one thing I don't understand: Why are you going for 320 resolution? The quality is begging to be in hires IMO.
Yeah, I kind of don't get it either, especially since you do the art higher res then lower it.

Pinback

Because 320x200 res rocks is why! I don't really like high res that much to be honest, unless it's in a cRPG or something, or done particularly well. For me low res images have always been a medium unto themselves, especially when hand drawn pixel by pixel of course, I just want to create in the medium I prefer really.

Khris

Yeah, don't ever switch to highres. I love your art and turning it into visible pixels is precisely what makes the style as unique and beautiful as it is.

Wonkyth

I agree, the granulation makes it look wonderfully unique!

also: lower-res wallpapers plx.

Pinback

Sure, I can do some low res wallpapers too- should have thought of that earlier really!

On another note, Primordia now has an actual Android on the team!   

Dualnames

Quote from: Pinback on Sun 28/11/2010 04:24:08
Sure, I can do some low res wallpapers too- should have thought of that earlier really!

On another note, Primordia now has an actual Android on the team!   

An Android? What are you talking about..? :-\

Calin Leafshade

I havent told anyone this yet.. but...

I AM A ROBOT!

Domo origato mr roboto! *dance*

Pinback

Quote from: Dualnames on Sun 28/11/2010 04:32:47
An Android? What are you talking about..? :-\

While officially she is a called a YUMECOM(TM) by her creator (Roboticist  Le Trung)  Aiko, our newest addition to the team is for all intents and purposes, a genuine Android.
She will be reading her lines visually from a script just like the organic members of Primordia's voice cast, although Aiko's performance will be videotaped for posterity. 

Pinback

Quote from: Mods on Tue 30/11/2010 15:18:13
Awesome! Never heard of that before but a quick search and this explains it! Wow! And now I've found a CNN video report of him & her... lol, "Ouch, that hurts, stop it." LOL it gets even better.

Wow dude, what a land for your game! Congrats

PS, I'd be greatful for 1280x1024 wallpapers too, they're great, but too big for my retro monitor!

It is neat to have Aiko in many ways, although the human voice cast, with thier fancy emotions and all will be doing the real work of engaging the player.

Oh and yeah, if anyone wants the wallpapers in a specific res- just post what need/want here and I'll do another batch of them soon. I have no idea what res to put them at, for the current batch I just copied the sizes Age of Decadence had on thier website:)

Tamanegi

Quote from: Pinback on Sat 27/11/2010 17:25:18
Because 320x200 res rocks is why! I don't really like high res that much to be honest, unless it's in a cRPG or something, or done particularly well. For me low res images have always been a medium unto themselves, especially when hand drawn pixel by pixel of course, I just want to create in the medium I prefer really.

Amen to that!

The visuals look like H. R. Giger meets steampunk, I was instantly reminded of Darkseed (a game I could only ever get in French so I didn't play it, and I was told it was mediocre anyway).

I like that dark, gritty technology style as a setting, it adds so much more atmosphere than sterile Star Trek technology.
Don't Look! MAGS 12-2010
Mediocre Expectations Current development blog

Pinback

Quote from: Tamanegi on Tue 30/11/2010 17:16:44
Quote from: Pinback on Sat 27/11/2010 17:25:18

Amen to that!

The visuals look like H. R. Giger meets steampunk, I was instantly reminded of Darkseed (a game I could only ever get in French so I didn't play it, and I was told it was mediocre anyway).

I like that dark, gritty technology style as a setting, it adds so much more atmosphere than sterile Star Trek technology.

Thanks Tamanegi!

I am kinda fond of the Darkseed games, despite thier flaws, and oh boy do we have a lot of dark machinery!
For one thing we have almost no dull transitional screens in Primordia just to beef up the game world, and I like to think each background has it's own little story to tell visually.

Pinback

Here's a short story straight out of the Primordial night- enjoy!

I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank those of you who have *pre-ordered a hard copy of Primordia from the website.
Your patronage is much appreciated.

* Everybody who pre-ordered will now also recieve a Primordia soundtrack CD, containing select tracks by our resident composer m0ds. I haven't had a chance to update the site for ages, so just thought I'd mention this here.

Dualnames

* Everybody who pre-ordered will also receive TakeSh*t-MakeMasterpieces algorithm, that I made especially for this game.  ;D

Igor Hardy

You damn teasers!

Dualnames

You seem to have an old version also m0ds :P

What a loser!!  :D

cianty

It looks GREAT!

From what I can see that is...
ca. 70% completed

Wonkyth

Yeah, fantastic is all I can think about it! :D

markbilly

2011 is going to be such a great year for AGS games! :D

Wonkyth

Pinback

Quote from: Mods on Fri 14/01/2011 00:16:06
I put a short snippet on my youtube to show Jim Spanos, but then remembered he's helping out... hope that's ok!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_nNYYqiLB8

Woo! Thanks Mods, nicely done!

Igor Hardy

Quote from: wonkyth on Fri 14/01/2011 10:49:16
AGS dying hah!

It's in this primordial state to be exact. ;)

Chicky

Any chance of a better quality video guys? The compression on that is painful D:

Game looks brilliant Pinback.

Music is very BASSy Mods, i like!

ALPHATT

very good looking little game, I'll be on the lookout for it.
/sig

kconan

Everything is dripping with awesomely gloomy atmosphere.  That train sequence/animation was really cool.  I'm looking forward to this almost as much as my background  ;D

Pinback

While it may seem like a waste of time to design every single working part of Primordia's main characters, it's actually...
Wait, I forgot my point. Ah well, here's some robot schematics!

EDIT) Oh, and if anyone mentions high resolution again I'm busting Primordia down to Gameboy res! :D

Eggie

I have all of the desktops on the website in rotation on my desktop slideshow. They are delicious

stepurhan

Those are some nice looking schematics you've got there. Glad to see this project is still carrying on.

WHAM

This looks and sounds awesome in every aspect. And hearing how much work people are putting into this, I think it's a pretty safe bet that this will see its release in the near future. Great!
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Pinback

Quote from: ModsiE3 on Tue 14/06/2011 00:17:54
Just wanted to say, albeit irrelevant to most right now - what I've seen most recently is absolutely brilliant, really, sock knocking off stuff...

I am totally stuck at the start which is always a good sign of an intelligent game :P

The soundtrack has now hit 70 mins.

I also wanted to check - the website, why does it land on the wallpaper page?

Also, is it okay to put the old video I made for youtube into the release something thread, OR, any chance of a rolling demo?  :=

Keep up the good work gentlemen :)

The website has er... Fallen into ruin I'm afraid. I tried a major overhaul a while back with new graphics that would have allowed me to add content much more easily, but I suck at Frontpage so it failed miserably. Basically when I find a decent window in Primordia production I'll try again, maybe in a month or so. Pretty much been channelling all my efforts directly into making assets for the game itself, which probably isn't such a bad thing in the long run.

Yeah, put it up man - I miss that video!

kconan

Quote from: ModsiE3 on Tue 14/06/2011 00:17:54
Just wanted to say, albeit irrelevant to most right now - what I've seen most recently is absolutely brilliant, really, sock knocking off stuff...

My socks have been knocked as well.  The writing is sharp and every inch of the world is begging for exploration.

loontje

In short: this looks very promising... and post apolcayptic. That seems to be a popular theme. 

Sslaxx

That first post says you're still offering this as freeware...
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

theo

I'm just droppin' a line to say I'm using the new poster as a desktop wallpaper - it's absolutely gorgeous.

Keep up the great work, guys!

Rocchinator

WOW! I love it! :)

edit by Darth - removed quote, no need to quote the entire original post WITH images!

Peder 🚀

So is this game still gonna be freeware or not?
The game looks absolutely stunning and I can't wait for the release!

Since I tend to fail funding my own projects and getting nowhere with them, expect a generous donation coming your way sometime close to mid July ;). I seem to be better at that ;P.

Takyon

This game has blown my head off, can't wait!
ghost.

Peder 🚀

Peder Johnsen donates some monies for an awesome game!

Pinback

Quote from: PE3dE3r JohnsE3n on Mon 04/07/2011 08:26:50
Peder Johnsen donates some monies for an awesome game!

Thanks, Peder!

While I can't confirm right now whether Primordia will be going commercial or not, it is being seriously considered right now.

Thanks for your patience with updates everyone - the wait should be worth it as we have a lot to show off, and will do so quite soon... ish :D

I can, however, confirm our official cover art for Primordia.

:P

Ali

Igor Hardy

Hey, did Dualnames choose the cover art? ;)

Pinback

Quote from: AGScovE3l on Mon 04/07/2011 11:01:26
Hey, did Dualnames choose the cover art? ;)

Yeah, you guys can thank/blame Duals for this - on a side note I do both quite frequently for a variety of reasons:)

Sughly

Hahaha! Nice. Looking forward to seeing more!

Dualnames

I honestly randomly said something like "I'd love a cover of primordia as a spoof of Brazil" only hoping to get a semi-positive answer.

Then Victor, as God himself would do, said.

O.K.

And the next day he made my day, like God would. And then he rested.  :D

Dave Gilbert

[edit - dang it, Sslaxx! You beat me too it. :p]

Been ages since this thread was updated, but I figured I'd pop in to say that this game is still being worked on and being published under the WEG label.  Victor (Pinback), Jim (Dualnames) and Mark Yohalem (who's not on this forum, I think) have really been working hard and the game is almost fully playable.  We are aiming for a Fall release. Say, October-ish.

I'm not exactly unbiased, but this game is really something special. Bleak and beautiful all at the same time. And the soundtrack composed by Nate Chambers of Bubble Pipe Media has been beyond sublime (samples here).

Right now we're in the midst of finishing up and promoting Resonance, but once that's finished you'll be hearing a lot more about Primordia. So stay tuned!

edit: and yes, for all of those who donated money on Pinback's site we will honor all the deals made.

Peder 🚀

Great to hear some news about this again! :).

Congrats Dave on getting yet another awesome looking game under the Wadjet Eye Games name!

Darth Mandarb

Great to hear.  However, this thread was almost a full-year dead. 

SSlaxx, please do not do that again.  It's up to the author (or team members) to update the thread (no matter the circumstances).

Ilyich

Splendid news! I was really looking forward to this project for a while now (dark art-nouveau-esque post-apocalyptic steampunk retro point-and-click adventure? I mean, really!), and was beginning to worry it will be in development forever. Well, now that WEG are onboard I can finally learn to stop worrying and love Primordia, thanks! :)

Tabata

wonderful news  :cheesy:

Pinback

My god, it's been so long since my last update! Here's a painting of Crispin getting peeved. Welp, see you guys in a year or so!

Seriously though, yeah, as Dave mentioned we're now under the Wadjet Eye Games umbrella. I know some people might feel a bit cheated that it won't be freeware - but the freeware Primordia was a very different game - one I thought I'd just churn out in about 4 months... My gods has it been almost 2 years?! Whew. Freaking out a bit here, my apologies.
But yeah, Primordia really developed into a much vaster project than I ever imagined. A lot of my older graphics have been replaced or updated*, and feature creep, while held mostly at bay with a whip and flaming torch, has left it's wonderful, frustrating footprint everywhere. The game has triple the number of rooms I had originally planned for, and there isn't much if any, filler. Oh, as a side note I wanted an endless desert so we could boast infinite rooms, but Mark wouldn't let me do it:P I jest though, he's really been the voice of reason in our team. I'm usually on another planet, and Dualnames, as we all know, is bat-squeek insane:D
Also, as Dave said; Composer Nathan Chambers has taken over Mark 'm0ds' Lovegrove role as our chief musician/sound engineer guy. It wasn't an easy decision to make, as I think very highly of m0ds work, but Nathan is doing an excellent job and really helps cultivate the dark soundscape we were going for.

Welp, I've got some glowing vacuum tube cathodes to animate, I'll check in again soon:)

* Here's probably the best example of some stuff that didn't make the cut - the old Horatio sprite. Here's versions 1-3. Version zero was just a box on wheels, but that file is lost to the mists of time now... My Primordia archive has over 8200 files - some stuff just gets lost, never to be seen again. The latest (and current) version can be blamed on - I mean, you can thank Dave Gilbert for that one :)

Ghost

Take my money! But lemme play soon!!!!

Sughly

I was veeeery happy to hear Dave bring this one up in the interview! Was waiting to hear some good news on it, but this was great news - congrats guys! Look forward to it  :-D

Takyon

Although I love everything about this game probably more than any AGS game so far, I still would love to see a high res version.

ghost.

Dualnames

Takes Ghost's money and runs away as fast as possible

Pinback

Quote from: J.H on Fri 04/05/2012 14:18:21
Although I love everything about this game probably more than any AGS game so far, I still would love to see a high res version.

The poster will be high res! Well, with the graphics in Primordia I really tried to push the medium as far as I could, making the most out of every single one of those pixels. 
Plus if it were in high res there would be at least a third fewer rooms/game areas. High res just takes longer to get the same quality:S
Not to mention the fact that me animating at that res with my fully rendered char sprites, is just not going to happen, ever. Probably:)

@ Sughly, Tabata, Ilych, Peder - Thanks dudes, it's inspiring to know ya'll are interested still - I shouldn't have stayed in my hermit hole for so long:)

@ Ghost - Yes, gimme some moneeey! Well, maybe later, I shut down pre-orders for now!

Quote from: Dualnames on Fri 04/05/2012 16:02:02
Takes Ghost's money and runs away as fast as possible

Sshh, we don't do that now that we're with Wadjet Eye Games man! We have to be official now, and take his money in an official manner, at an official time. Probably wednesday.

edit by darth - combined double-post

Dave Gilbert

Poster art revealed!

Also: TEASER TRAILER

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Peder 🚀

The trailer is awesome and has left me wanting this game even more! :).

Armageddon

Oh my, it's beautiful! :P Pinback sure has been busy.

Ilyich

Fall 2012? Yes, please! Hauntingly beautiful stuff!

arj0n

Very nice poster!

SquirlyGirl

The Cat Lady and this are my two most annticipated games that I want to buy and play:):) :grin:

Ali

The trailer looks terrific, the chunky robotic animations really complement the atmospheric semi-organic backgrounds. I'm looking forward to this!

Takyon

The trailer reminds me of some kind of 90s retro film set in dystopia but with a completely original feel to it (if that makes any sense at all). I cannot wait for this game, good luck guys.

Also I'm glad to see there are no character portraits in conversations, I don't know why I just can't stand those things in any game. Revolution for example ruined Broken Sword with them in the remake IMO.
ghost.

Dave Gilbert

The last voiceover actor is coming in today! Looks like this game is actually going to get done.

Dave Gilbert

Sorry for the double post, but a bit of an announcement. The game's going up for pre-order tomorrow! So Watch This Space.

fózi

Great news, looking forward to it!

Ghost

Congratulations! I got a couple of SteamPoints left, too...  (nod)

AprilSkies

Amazing! wow!
Congratulation!

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Takyon

Any chance of a demo? Pretty please?
ghost.

Dave Gilbert

Hi everyone! In case you haven't heard, this game is now available for pre-order! You can buy a digital version of the game for $9.99 (with a 10% discount during the pre-order period) or a DVD version for $19.99 (worldwide shipping included).

Launch trailer here!

As for Steam, the folks at Valve have asked us to go through their Project Greenlight service to see how much the fans want it. So if you want to play Primordia on Steam, your voice counts: please vote for it on Greenlight and help us show Valve there is a demand for games like this! As always, all customers who buy the game from Wadjet Eye's website will receive a free Steam key if the game becomes available on Steam.

Adder

Looks fantastic! Just pre-ordered my copy, now waiting excitedly.  Cheers!

Revae

Voted on Green Light.

NO THANKS.  I'm kidding, I hit 'Yes'.

Hopefully I'll have money for it.  Look great.

arj0n

That trailer looks fantastic Pinback and team and Dave, it really makes me wanna play this game.
Can't wait to see when my copy arrives...  :cheesy:

Frodo

kconan

From playing the Beta, I can say that the setting (or game world) is one of the best and certainly most interesting I've ever seen in a game.

an Urpney

Born to the sound of marching feet,
Trained as a military elite.
Each of us drilled and singled out to be,
An Urpney.

selmiak

The DVD has lots of concept art and more ...
what is there more? A poster maybe?  ;-D

Mati256

I just preordered the DVD. Let me tell you that the voice of the main robot is just amazing. When he says "It's trouble, trust me", that totally bought me.  :-D
My Blog! (En Español)

Dave Gilbert

Quote from: Mati256 on Wed 21/11/2012 01:11:00
I just preordered the DVD. Let me tell you that the voice of the main robot is just amazing. When he says "It's trouble, trust me", that totally bought me.  :-D

Thanks! That voice is Logan Cunningham, who voiced Bennett in Resonance as well as the narrator from Bastion. He's been a blast to work with.

Stupot

Just playing the demo now.  Loving it so far, and it's a massive demo, I've had to have a tea break, haha.

DrFredEdison

Hi! I have pre-ordered the DVD version. I'm italian, and i noticed in the demo that there is no italian translation. Is there any way i could make a fan made translation?
Anyway, great game!

Dave Gilbert

Hi Dr. Fred! Thanks for the offer, but we're not going to do any translations for the time being.

Anian

Wadjet strikes Steam again! Congrats.

JSH

Just preordered, the game looks absolutely fantastic and I'm really looking forward to playing it! :)

Dave Gilbert

Launched today! Moderators, do your thing.

Darth Mandarb

Congrats on finishing!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk