Primordia

Started by Pinback, Fri 24/09/2010 19:45:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Virgil

I'm excited to see this finished!

Peder 🚀

This sounds and looks very interesting!

m0ds

I'm a lucky ducky to be involved, it's a great looking game with a lot of atmosphere...

Persephone Rose

This looks amazing.  Any chance you need more voice actors?  I'd love to help; I can provide samples of previous works.

Pinback

Quote from: theroachyjay on Mon 04/10/2010 10:57:54
This looks amazing.  Any chance you need more voice actors?  I'd love to help; I can provide samples of previous works.

Yeah, we totally need more voice talent- actually I should have mentioned this earlier, damn my scatterbrain! (I'll PM you btw)
I think we have the main parts covered but there are a myriad of smaller roles available, so yeah, anyone with a small sample is welcome to try out.

Pinback

Hey dudes,

I've now set up a donation/pre-order page on the site for those who are interested in supporting production for Primordia, or who just want a proper boxed version. The game will still be released in it's entirity as freeware, but for those of you who prefer a real, commercial quality boxed game on the shelf, or simply want to aid production and help out the team, I thought this would be a good idea to implement.

I was a little over ambitious with my 'late 2010' release date. To be on the safe side I'm pushing this back to february 2011 at the earliest, mid 2011 at the very, extreme latest (You really never know what will crop up and slow things down).
I'm going to be doing a fair bit more work on the game cover art and such for one thing, and there's just generally a whole lot more work involved in this production now than when it started.  

A basic boxed game pre-order package will set you back $40 USD, but this price includes postage.
The box art will be sweet though, the posters also very cool, and for patrons donating $100 or more their game will be shipped with an original concept illustration from Primordia. These will be fully rendered original illustrations, created using the highest quality materiels and also signed and dated by yours truly.
There are also a few other neats perks you get from donating, so if you like what you see and want to help us out (and can afford to, of course), be sure to take a gander at;

www.primordiagame.com

Thanks for all the help, support and interest guys,

Victor Pflug

Darius Poyer

Quote from: Pinback on Fri 24/09/2010 19:45:02
Features include;

• Immersive storyline
  • Beautifully scored
  • Lushly illustrated graphics
  • Fully voiced, engaging characters
  • Fluid animations
  • Intricate game world filled with curiosities

While I find this list boasting and thus insidious, it is hard to not find the visuals greatly appealing.

I remain cautiusly intrigued.

Pinback

Quote from: Darius Poyer on Thu 07/10/2010 19:26:45
While I find this list boasting and thus insidious, it is hard to not find the visuals greatly appealing.

I remain cautiusly intrigued.

It's freeware man, no need to be so cautious! Just believe the hype already!

Bulbapuck

Fuck, this is cool!

Looking forward to it!

Wonkyth

Quote that as a rave preview, Pinback, Bulba swore!

Oh, and you can quote me too:
Fuck, this is cool!

Looking forward to it!
"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

Bulbapuck

Pinback

Haha, thanks guys!

ROBO-TIME!

cianty

To quote the coke: I'm lovin' it!
ca. 70% completed

Emperor Justin

That's McDonald's.
Also, game looks awesome and will likely kick a bunch of ass.  Keep up the awesome work!

Anian

I think you're gonna need to put up something to show the art process, like theo did for Journey down recently.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Pinback

Quote from: anian on Mon 11/10/2010 19:17:47
I think you're gonna need to put up something to show the art process, like theo did for Journey down recently.

Yeah, I'd like to when I get time. I was really impressed by how much behind the scenes stuff Theo was willing to show actually, normally I never show any of my art processes to anyone but my closest friends- but I think I should be a bit more, shall we say, adventurous?

cianty

Quote from: Emperor Justin on Mon 11/10/2010 19:13:17
That's McDonald's.

Yieks. My fast food fu failed me...
ca. 70% completed

Pinback

Hey all!

I've been hoping to update sooner but it's been full steam ahead on production of Primordia!

However, leading up to christmas I hope to have a new website that showcases all our hard work a little better, with generally a lot more info and goodies laying about.
We have a special Primordial surprise in store for X-Mas too, but for now here's some brand spanking new artwork in the form of several wallpapers.

I made three sizes, and they're all available here;

www.primordiagame.com

Enjoy!

Wonkyth

Sweet!
I wish my screen was bigger, as currently they're all too big for my screen.  :-\
"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

Chicky

Metropol is amazing! Fab background!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk