Primordia

Started by Pinback, Fri 24/09/2010 19:45:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinback

This has been in production for some time now, I thought it was about time to formally announce it.
After my first attempt at making a proper adventure game (Homunculi) failed miserably due to a lack of planning (And my utter suckage at writing), I decided to get a team together and start again from scratch. The result is;

PRIMORDIA
A Point and Click Adventure

Ages have passed since legendary Man walked the planet.  Now, in the desolate wastelands beyond the city of Metropol, an android named Horatio jealousy guards his freedom, independence and of course his only companion, a small floater robot.  The duo's only means of survival are lost when a marauding foe steals his power source, forcing Horatio to leave the safety of his home and set out on a perilous journey into the wastes- and into his own mysterious past.

Horatio:  You know, I always wanted to be able to fly.  It just felt . . . right.  That’s why I built you with a mag-lev unit.

Crispin:  Not so that you could store tools on hard-to-reach ledges?

Horatio:  Well, that too.

Features include;

• Immersive storyline
  • Beautifully scored
  • Lushly illustrated graphics
  • Fully voiced, engaging characters
  • Fluid animations
  • Intricate game world filled with curiosities

For more info or some concept art; check out our website

"First, in thy infancy, in a mad confusion, denouncing the shrine as a weapon once turned against thee.  Later, thou returnedst, penitent, and I taught thee the mysteries of Humanism."   - E.F.L

Haggis

Sounds very cool! Liking the atmosphere and strange-robot-faced-man-holding-book character.
Looking forward to its release.

Android! That's the word i was looking for!

posts combined by darth - please don't double-post

Atelier

Wow Pinback. Nice job and great art as always.

Dualnames

That was the biggest coincidence I've had in my life. I was watching Amnesia: Dark Descent Trailer and it suggested Homunculi, and I wondered how was Primordia going on.  :D

I'm also glad that I've seen an alpha of this game.

QuoteWarning - while you were typing 3 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Never experienced that.  :o
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Fitz

Looks gorgeous! Kind of Giger-esque here and there, both in character design and locations. Hi-res would have looked even more lovely - but I don't mind the lo-res all that much :) And I really liked the little sample of dialogue, makes the characters likeable.

Keep up the good work!

cianty

WOW! The screenshots are amazing! Very cool atomsphere.

By the way, I had a look at the website and the pages don't work quite right..
ca. 70% completed

Pinback

Quote from: cianty on Fri 24/09/2010 20:53:31

By the way, I had a look at the website and the pages don't work quite right..

Is it a layout problem on the website or are the pages just not loading for you?

Chicky

http://www.primordiagame.com/primordia_about.htt

your links seem messed up, (.htt?)

Your art on the other hand is not! Beautiful work Pinback.

Anian

For some reason, when reading the abstract, I thought, "Oh, like Wall-E." It's not like that though.

It seems like your usual awesome art style, plus with all the name dropping I'm sure the story will be good.  :)
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Derrick Freeland

Firstly, this looks amazing.
My only problem is with the resolution.
I'm sure it will be a great game in either low or high, but I think your art suffers a bit at this resolution.  It might detract from the over-all game experience.  As someone playing this game, I would want to see all the excellent detail you've created for your setting and characters. 

Really looking forward to playing this.

ThreeOhFour

Some beautiful work here, Pinback (as expected). Bravo!

kconan

Those screenshots are stunning.  I can't wait for this one.  8)

cianty

@Website:
Yep: HTT-Files? Doesn't load at all. Maybe you need to rename the files to "html"?
ca. 70% completed

Pinback

Thanks for the props guys, and yeah, it seems anyone with Firefox won't be able to load the site properly- hopefully I'll have it fixed soon.

arj0n

FireFox people can install the 'IE Tab Plus' extension.
Then load the homepage of the Primordia site in a new tab.
Right-click on the tab and choose "switch render engine".
Then the site will be [re]loaded by the IE engine within FireFox and the whole site will load properly.

Or just wait for Pinback's site fix  ;)

Pinback

Quote from: Arj0n on Sat 25/09/2010 19:58:14
FireFox people can install the 'IE Tab Plus' extension.
Then load the homepage of the Primordia site in a new tab.
Right-click on the tab and choose "switch render engine".
Then the site will be [re]loaded by the IE engine within FireFox and the whole site will load properly.

Or just wait for Pinback's site fix  ;)

Thanks Arj0n, I actually just fixed everything (Christ, I hope so anyway!)

Back to the drawing board then, next update will hopefully include a few tunes too.

arj0n

Site now orks like a charm in FF3 & FF4beta6.

Awesome artwork btw, can't wait to see this game finished Pinback & team!

abstauber

Hey, looking great so far.

Good luck on finishing it!

beomoud

pure awesome... the graphics and style and atmosphere are out of this world

Igor Hardy

I'm another person who loves the graphics. Especially the second screenshot where the whole location looks a bit like the walls and objects are continuously melting... melting like a moose made out of green chocolate after being exposed to bulb light for a bit too long.

Or something like that. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk