MAGS October: "End of an Era" (CLOSED)

Started by Atelier, Fri 01/10/2010 16:44:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Atelier

Topic: 'End of an Era'
This month's guidelines were set by OneDollar:

A significant event is about to happen, is happening
or has happened, and nothing will be the same again.

Ending 31/10/2010 (AKA Halloween!)
Extension given: now ending 3/11/2010.

What is MAGS?
MAGS is a monthly competition for all amateur adventure game makers. The idea is to create a game in under a month, following the rules set by the previous winner. It aims to help you work to a deadline, improve your skills, or provide a kick-start into making adventure games. Regardless of skill, MAGS is for everyone. Voting is based on "favorite" games, and not the most artistic, or the best coded. If you have bad art skills, use it as a chance to do some graphic work. If you're sub-standard at coding, use it as a chance to give scripting a go. Ultimately, people will vote for the most enjoyable entry.

You may get help for the competition, although you must end up doing something yourself. You should however be warned that it proves difficult to organize a big team within thirty days. You are not allowed to use material already created before this competition. Your game must be completely new! Music and sound is an exception; you can use free material that is available to the public, if you wish. Modules and templates are also allowed. Please do not enter the competition with a rushed entry (a game created last minute). Sure, you can make a game and rush it - but don't do this just to win by default.

Entering MAGS is simple. First, conceptualise your game following the month's criteria (see top). Second, create your game fueled only by coffee. Third, finally, and most importantly, post your game here, including:

✓ A working download link.
✓ The title of your game.
✓ A suitable screenshot.

At the end of the month, the all-important voting will begin! This period usually lasts fifteen days. Should you win, along with announcing the next month's rules, your name and game will be immortalised in the MAGS Archive. Yet hopefully, at the end of the month, the accomplishment of finishing a game will be your greatest prize. For more information please visit the Official MAGS website.

SpacePirateCaine

Just wanted to note my intent to participate in this one. I don't know how much I can get done, but I'm starting early this time. Already wrote down my plot and main puzzles and have my resource list worked out, so I'm well on my way. Hopefully we see something of a turnout on this one.
Check out MonstroCity! | Level 0 NPCs on YouTube! | Life's far too short to be pessimistic.

Atelier

MAGS is sort of half way through. Has anybody been secretly working on something? And SPC, how's it going?

SpacePirateCaine

Sorry, I've been busy working on the game and not paying attention to the forums. Making steady progress, but not sure that I'll be ready in time for the deadline. We'll see what I can get accomplished during the last sprint this weekend. No promises. If I can't get it done in time, I'll be sure to at least finish it, though.
Check out MonstroCity! | Level 0 NPCs on YouTube! | Life's far too short to be pessimistic.

Atelier

There's less than a week remaining for this MAGS, and we desparately need entrants :'(

Who will do it for a cookie?

Yes, we all know you would cookie girl!

Atelier

As yet nobody's thrown this MAGS a life jacket. It's sinking fast.
Not even cookie girl can coax people. What's the world coming to? D:

SPC, I will grant an extension of a few days, so you can enter with what you have.
That might even kill two birds with one stone, and somebody will deliver a steaming pile of competition.

So therefore, I hereby decree MAGS October will run until November 3rd.

Good luck all and sundry!

Atelier

Yep. So it's pretty clear nobody's interested.
I'll start the new MAGS before this eats into any more time.

Competition closed.

Igor Hardy

That's really too bad. I might try finding some time for December MAGS, but defintiely can't do anything earlier.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk