Phoenix1 is uploaded again(no broken link this time)

Started by julius, Tue 28/12/2010 07:31:38

Previous topic - Next topic

julius

To all those who didn't get the chance to download this game before the link crashed ,it's up again on the newlly added games.
Please rate the game if you play it.
And the most importent thing-ENJOY!!!!  ;D

Here is the link to the game on the games page:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=1391

Here are some game specs-
It's 1024x768 32bit colors
It's an FMV game.
2D Point and Click.

The plot:
You wake up in space ,without knowing who or where you are.
Rome the halls of Phoenix1 Deep space vasle in search of answers.

O and i'm thinking of creating another game ,but that depends on the reviews and rates.
When you review or rate the game take in consideration that i only had 2.5 month to learn AGS and put this baby together by myself
(from the conception of the plot,the build of the green screen,the creation of the background and untill the last piece of code).

P.S-No broken links this time i promiss,it's my server this time.
P.P.S-If for some reason the FMV videos don't work on your pc ,just install the codec-pack i included in the zip file.
P.P.P.S-I really would like it if you nominate my games for the AGS Awards 2010.
           But only if you really like it.

Here are some Screen Shots(or eye kandy)-

Gilbert

Ehhh... Maybe it's better to post in the original thread? An actual link to that game on the games page would be nice, too.

julius

Igor Hardy

Phoenix1 got some nice comment on AdventureGamers.com today. I promise to play it myself as well, but I still have a longish queue of titles to play and review. And I hate queues!

btw You should upload some screenies for the first post in this thread, julius - the looks are everything (when you want to attract attention to your game)!

LUniqueDan

That's great news, Julius! (I missed the december 28th bump) Your original upload crashed 1 week before I got a real connection.

*Downloading*
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

julius

Ascovel, I took your advice and updated the first thread of this post with screenshots and more information..
So chack out the first post.

And thanks for letting me know my game is on AdventureGamers.com , thats so cooool.

8)

julius

Eureka.....I DID IT!!!!!! ;D
I found a magical codec.
I managed to reduce the game size from a 1000mb to 380mb,and not only the quality of the FMV videos didn't suffer,but the quality is 10 times better!!!!!

so the download link is now 400mb. still a bit big but nowhere near 1gb.

p.s-the zip file also includes a codec pack for the codec i used to compress the video files, just in case the video in the game doesn't work on your computer.

so enjoy.

Igor Hardy

julius

its the windows madia coder in after effects cs5 from adobe.

julius

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk