[COMPLETED] UNGA needs MUMBA - a prehistoric graphic adventure

Started by Knoodn, Wed 13/10/2010 15:29:56

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

Ah, that guy's not really so bad...  ;D

Glad to see the game's nearing full release.

Knoodn

It's a while since the last update, so here are the news:

The game is finished and will be shown exclusively at the Adventure-X.

And now you ask: "Exclusively"?

And I say: Yes!

The full release will be in Q1 2012 as a talkie version, on which I'm working at the moment.

If you can't wait till next year to play this, get your chance and visit the Adventure-X this weekend.

m0ds

Good stuff man, but you're not aiming to have it out in time for this years awards?  :'( Whatever, can't wait!! :)

cat

Too bad it won't make it for the awards. Great game (I was in the lucky position to test it) with cool graphics and amazing soundtrack. Definitely looking forward to the talkie version.

m0ds

How is finishing up the talkie going sir? Any news :) It was good to see this at AdventureX! As you may know two of the voice actors were there! ;D

Knoodn

<hmpf>
Semi-bad news.
All the lines I got from the voice actors are in the game, and they sound great!

So far so good, but here are the bad news: the cast for the main character jumped off after he finished 1/3 of his work.

Currently, I'm looking for a new one.
If someone is interested, please send me a PM.
There are 750 lines to act. Mostly short sentences.

This is how I imagine the voice:
- British accent
- natural deep
- morose/grumpy

Also I'm looking for one female voice for a strict, a bit hoity-toity woman (68 lines).

Apart from that everything is finished and I polished the whole thing.
Many thanks to all the testers, voice actors and of course to you, kind sir m0ds, for everything - the great music, the chance to participate on AdventureX and the laugh I had, when I edited your voice files ;D.

m0ds

QuoteIf someone is interested, please send me a PM.
There are 750 lines to act. Mostly short sentences.

D'oh! Hope someone comes forward for you soon! Aaaask Ronko and Brakk to help you ;) And thank you for the update :)

CaptainD

Ah rats.  As you know I would offer to voice the character for you, but my voice is not naturally deep enough for it.  (Could I sound like a hoity-toity woman?  Hmm... maybe, if someone was stepping on my toe.  Perhaps better to let someone else do it...)

Spectreincarnate

Quote from: Knoodn on Mon 23/01/2012 21:31:18
Also I'm looking for one female voice for a strict, a bit hoity-toity woman (68 lines).

Hello, I would like to try the woman's part. I haven't done any VAing since Apprentice, though, so I might need a little instruction on how best to record.

Thank you!

Knoodn

The last two voice acting parts are filled. Hurray! I think it will be worth all the trouble in the end.

A release in the near future seems possible.

Ben X

I'm proud to announce that I will be providing the voice for Unga!

The stuff I've recorded so far works well with the character's look and with the other actors' (excellent) work, so I'm happy with how it's going so far.

The game itself is great - fun and inventive with great production values and presentation, and I'm looking forward to being a part of the final product!

arj0n

Looking forward to replay the game, now with voices  :D

Ryan Timothy B

Excellent! I've always wondered what the Ben sounds like. Hopefully there will be a lot of grunting and "Ungh" sounds. :P

Tino, if you ever need an additional beta tester, I'd gladly offer my services.

Azure

www.voiceacting.space - Casting Calls for voice actors

Knoodn

Thank you all for your comments.

BTW Ben doesn't sound like I had imagined him from "BTDT" and "TGP". In fact, he is the perfect voice for Unga.

@Ryan: I'll keep this in mind.

Knoodn

Update:
The work on the voice acting comes along very well. Ben does a great job.
At the moment I'm editing the last 300 lines of voice.
Therefore about 70% of voice acting is in the game now and I think I can finish all of it the next week.

If everything goes well, a release around the beginning of spring seems to be very possible.

Ben X

Quote from: Knoodn on Sun 11/03/2012 02:01:56
Update:
The work on the voice acting comes along very well. Ben does a great job.

Thanks Tino! I'm pretty happy with how my stuff went. Hopefully it'll stand up to the rest of the acting and other production values, which are all superb.

m0ds

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk