The Second Man

Started by cianty, Sun 17/10/2010 17:44:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Tramponline

Brilliant news! Really glad to hear you're back on it, cianty.

Your art style is still... ...nostalgorgeousatisfactofantastic!

cianty

Thanks a lot for the encouragement, everyone!

I'd love to put up more screenshots here but I am afraid it would spoil some of the surprises and excitement. I'll try to think of "safe" ways to tease more content... :smiley:
ca. 70% completed

StillInThe90s

Never mind the screenshots. Just finish the game! ;-D
Seriously, I think a lot of people are thrilled about this project being alive again. Including myself.

cianty

So, yeah, I'm still working on it. Currently I'm doing a lot of testing and clean-up and putting the finishing touches on Part 2. A lot of loose scenes and bits that need to be connected and then it'll be a huge milestone. So don't give up on me. :)
ca. 70% completed

Stupot

Glad things are still ticking along, mate. Keep up the hard work :-)

Cerno

I just saw this for the first time.
Wow, the backdrops are gorgeous.
The brick wall man! I'm super jealous here.
123  Currently working on: Sibun - Shadow of the Septemplicon

Gedeon

Good to know! You keep up the good work, that you have a good amount o people waiting anxiously for this promising game. Cheers

cianty

So this Christmas my girl-friend gave to me...

an iOS port of the Second Man! Thanks to all the wonderful previous work of JJS and Janet Gilbert she set me up so I can deploy and run the game on my iPad 3 and her iPad Pro.

I spent the last couple of days working on the interface and improving the touch experience (larger hotspots on touch devices, changing some puzzles, etc). This is done now and I continue working on the content of the game.

If you are interested in how this looks, check out the following video where I play the first three minutes of the game on the iPad Pro:
https://t.co/bZbIprbjAu
ca. 70% completed

Rocchinator

Man,  I cant wait to play this game. Looks awesome.

cianty

Thank you! The fact that I can playlets it on my iPad now is a huge motivation boost so am cracking on now. :)
ca. 70% completed

shaun9991

This game looks awesome, cool to see you are still working on it :)
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

Takyon

Been looking forward to this game for ages. Good luck Cianty, hope you can get it finished.
ghost.

AnasAbdin

I just found out that I haven't told you my opinion about this game. Maybe because the thread is older than my AGS years. Anywho.. here goes:

FINISH IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE I CAN'T WAIT TO TRY IT.

cianty

Thank you all so much for the nice comments. I am working on it!
ca. 70% completed

SilverSpook

Looks really awesome.  I'm pre-ordering comrade!

cianty

A sign of life after years of silence (the protagonist is a silent killer after all)...

I have resumed work on the game after a long pause. Recent changes have been on the technical side at first as I upgraded the game to version 3.4.0 of AGS. I'd love to go with one of the even more current versions but that is not compatible with the iOS build. Since I am mostly play(test)ing in my iPad having the game run on there is important so I will stick with 3.4.0 for now. Some of the things I have been doing lately:

• Auto-load: When you start the game it automatically loads the last savegame. Especially on mobile this makes for an appropriately smooth experience.
  • On mobile, double-tapping triggers the right-click action of the 9-verb interface, i.e. it triggers the suggested action (e.g. open door)
  • The verb icons are not animated while selected. This brings more life to the UI and helps distinguish the currently selected action (which is animating) from the suggested right-click action when over a hotspot/object.
  • Lots and lots of small imperfections were fixed and the one or other extra-mile was added to the first part of the game.

I am now maintaining a Trello board for all the ideas, todos, bugs and improvements. It helps keep a good overview and focus.
Most importantly, I now a plan how to finish the last bits of Part 2. Once that is done, I will have reached a major milestone because afterwards, there is a sort of "cut" in the game. This means, Prelude, Part 1 and most of Part 2 are nearly finished. I guess once that is completed I could also invite some external testers and seek their opinions.

So much for now. I won't be posting screenshots as I don't want to give away too much.

Lastly, here is a snapshot of the current game statistics. It doesn't say that much about actual gameplay length but it's an indicator nevertheless (why doesn't it include rooms?).

ca. 70% completed

Haggis

Good luck to you, really happy to see this is still progressing as it looks and sounds fantastic - I speak from experience when I say keep going, it will be worth it in the end!

Stupot

Nice to see this thing is still alive. Keep the updates coming, yo.

sawyer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk