AGS Editor Source Code Release

Started by Pumaman, Tue 26/10/2010 19:30:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Pumaman

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Wed 09/05/2012 19:33:29
How do I commit my changes?
The small changes described here : http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=45975.msg617346#new

The idea is to put a formal process in place whereby people can submit their proposed changes, and then a decision can be reached as to whether those changes should be incorporated into the Official AGS Release or not. This would be based on an assessment of how useful the features were, the risks involved in making the change, etc.

We're not quite there yet, but if you get feedback from other people on the forum indicating that your proposals have merit, then we can give you a login to check them in.

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Pumaman on Wed 09/05/2012 20:21:29
if you get feedback from other people on the forum indicating that your proposals have merit, then we can give you a login to check them in.

I understand, but as you can see they're not new features in AGS, not even in the editor. They're just changes in the overall structure to allow submenus, would someone want to use them. I had a small chat with Calin on IRC and he confirmed it was really a minor change.

Monsieur OUXX

Until a proper command chain has been established, sonneveld suggested something interesting: submitting patch files.
My personal comment is: How difficult would it be to create a public email submission form and put it on the website? that would be a nice tool alongside the bug tracker. All emails would end up in an inbox and would be reviews by experienced developers when they have time to do so.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk