OSD2 [beta!!!]

Started by Icey, Thu 02/12/2010 04:43:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Icey

Finally after a few weeks I was able to get all my thoughts together and finish a small portion of my upcoming game.

There is not much to say but give it a try and let me know what you think(nothing about changing the story line though ;] )

Download here

m0ds

Um!

QuoteCompleted Game Announcements

Quoteand finish a small portion of my upcoming game

QuoteCompleted Game Announcements

QuoteCOMPLETED Game Announcements

[size=8]COMPLETED[/size]

Gabriel_Down

Forgive me for being off topic but how many ocean spirit dennis games have you made, and exactly how many are you working on at the moment?

Gilbert

Quote from: Mods on Thu 02/12/2010 05:07:20
[size=8]COMPLETED[/size]
;D

As far as I remember, there isn't any rule that excludes game betas from being posted here (as long as they are already available for download) and people had done this before. I think we did have some discussions about this and the result was not conclusive, so I'll say it is sort of okay to have this posted here. However, as it was mentioned that only a small portion of the game was finished, I think it may not qualify as a beta, more like a demo or an alpha. In that case this does not fit here. I'll say the GiP or the CnC are more appropriate. As ic... Studio3 also wants to learn about people's comments, I'll say the CnC is the most suitable atm.

Quote from: Gabriel_Down on Thu 02/12/2010 05:14:13
Forgive me for being off topic but how many ocean spirit dennis games have you made, and exactly how many are you working on at the moment?
AFAIK, most of the OSD games were not made by him. :P

Snake

Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Icey

Ok, but what is CnC?

Quote from: Gabriel_Down on Thu 02/12/2010 05:14:13

I made one joke game

I made OSD.1 aka OSD.the lost world ep1

And I am making my last OSD game now - OSD.2  8)

Quote from: Snake on Thu 02/12/2010 06:00:23
For the love of god.

What do you mean?  :)

Gilbert

Quote from: Studio3 on Thu 02/12/2010 06:01:25
Ok, but what is CnC?

This. It used to be called C&C (Critics and Comments) a lot back in the day but I understand how not many people will get it by considering the real name of the forum.

mode7

I was kind of amazed by the quality of the games presentation (not so much of the dialogs), that was until it crashed when the fight started

Icey

How did the game crash? what was happening when it did? I played both the debugging game and the compiled game and it never crashes. :P

Try playing the game with out clicking anything and just watch the cut sceens.

mode7

Now it crashes when i try to click attack - something about a missing loop

Icey

Ohh I remember this happening before. But I thought I fixed that. What happen was you didn't attack the enemy but the ground in sted. I will fix later on but for now people make sure you attack the blob and not the ground.

Peder 🚀

What if I want to attack the ground? I am pretty used to digging at any ground now after playing Minecraft.

Chicky

Ponch

As a player, I reserve the right to attack the ground. I should be allowed to miss as badly as I like. ;)

Also, I got he missing loop message too.

Icey

Ok then I will add the effect so you can miss the target and hit the ground ;) I will fix every thing later today around 300

m0ds

QuoteI think we did have some discussions about this and the result was not conclusive, so I'll say it is sort of okay to have this posted here.

Mm, yep - but as you noted  everything about the original post hints at "un finished", "demo" or "alpha".

This is not a beta-testing forum, you know that!

To quote Samuel L Jackson: "One white kid releases an OSD unfinished beta today, tomorrow we got a hundred white kids releasing OSD unfinished beta's."

When 4000 other members are quite capable of holding back their games until they're ready and when they post em up they aren't "just looking for comments", and have beta testers arranged privately - why does this one not have to?

You answered it yourself Gilbet. This should really be in C&C or GiP...

Icey

Ok I get it. But it is still a finsh game(open beta/demo) that has one bug. It is a completed game itself but the story is not. I can't change it from here to there so in the mean time lets stay on topic or is that the only bug in the game?

Gabriel_Down

I made one joke game

Oh okies it's just that I saw 3 topics of you in the completed games forum and they were all in the same month. And if I remember correctly there was this other poster (a black/golden with some bubbles) that you were asking for help to make a really BIG ocean spirit dennis game...

I was thinking maybe it would be better to focus on a single game, and the effort you put in the quantity of 3 games instead place it in the quality of a single game.

Anyways these were mere thoughts! best of luck to you and your creative endeavours

Icey

Quote from: Gabriel_Down on Thu 02/12/2010 19:24:34

I made one joke game

Oh okies it's just that I saw 3 topics of you in the completed games forum and they were all in the same month. And if I remember correctly there was this other poster (a black/golden with some bubbles) that you were asking for help to make a really BIG ocean spirit dennis game...

I was thinking maybe it would be better to focus on a single game, and the effort you put in the quantity of 3 games instead place it in the quality of a single game.

Anyways these were mere thoughts! best of luck to you and your creative endeavours

Nah I understand what you mean and I may reconsider making such a big OSD game.

Also can some one explain more how the game crashed because I am hitting every were (even the ground ponch ;)) and still no error message? I cant fix something I cant see ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk