Oceanspirit Dennis: 1(TLW)

Started by Icey, Mon 01/11/2010 20:48:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Icey

Are you ready for his next RPG adventure?

Play as Dennis as he travel to the far side of senpah and fight the Evil blob that plans to steal the crystal for the forest!

- Use the Halloween costume for Dennis(Includes Buster sword ;))
- Use Magic.
- Use items.
- *Change JOBS ->First OSD that allows Dennis to change his job to use different powers/weapons.

Site: OSD.com Download: OSD.TLW[RPG]                                                            

Join the Studio here and become a member today!

kaputtnik

I, object.

Ponch

But can he work two jobs? I did that for a while to help make ends meet. ;)

Snake

Eh?

[Goofyness]
QuoteSite: OCD.com Download: OCD.TLW[RPG]

OCD: TLW? Sounds like a great new adventure to me!

Obsessive Compulsive Dennis: Tiny Little Weenis
[/Goofyness]

[In all seriousness]
I will play your game, Studio3, as soon as I get a chance! It sounds fun :)
[/In all seriousness]
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Khris

I tried to play this.
The hotspot of the cursor is everywhere but at the tip of the arrow. You sorta know where to click after a while, my question is how/why did you not notice/fix this?
The battle doesn't seem to end. After what I can only guess is Dennis' HP was at -49 or so, I aborted the game.

Also, the mirror on the game page is missing the http:// in front of it and generates a 404. This is easily fixed, but the link on the site then links back to the game page. This is not exactly the concept of a mirror.

kaputtnik

Quote from: Snake on Tue 02/11/2010 03:14:40

Ocean Cowboy Dennis - True Love Waits

A take on the never failing "good old boys" theme in those short-lived times of androgynous communist pirates and iconoclastic space ninjas from 40,000 A.D.

If Dennis will still be able to change jobs, I suggest "miller", "wainwright", "peltmonger" and "frontier radiologist".
I, object.

Icey

Quote from: Khris on Tue 02/11/2010 04:48:24
I tried to play this.
The hotspot of the cursor is everywhere but at the tip of the arrow. You sorta know where to click after a while, my question is how/why did you not notice/fix this?
The battle doesn't seem to end. After what I can only guess is Dennis' HP was at -49 or so, I aborted the game.

Also, the mirror on the game page is missing the http:// in front of it and generates a 404. This is easily fixed, but the link on the site then links back to the game page. This is not exactly the concept of a mirror.

I will go back and fix the stuff today after school but that should be very long from though.
Quote from: kaputtnik on Tue 02/11/2010 08:23:56
Quote from: Snake on Tue 02/11/2010 03:14:40

Ocean Cowboy Dennis - True Love Waits

A take on the never failing "good old boys" theme in those short-lived times of androgynous communist pirates and iconoclastic space ninjas from 40,000 A.D.

If Dennis will still be able to change jobs, I suggest "miller", "wainwright", "peltmonger" and "frontier radiologist".
Humm, I will try to add them in this fixed version along with 2 new jobs.

Icey

A little set back but it is fixed, I will try and post it soon.

LimpingFish

Quote from: Khris on Tue 02/11/2010 04:48:24
I tried to play this.

It wouldn't be an icey game if you had succeeded.

And where did that "C" come from?! Shouldn't it be OD:TLW? Or OSD?

Can't wait for Episode 2!
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Icey

To all OSD fans. I am working on one of the biggest parts in the OSD series. I also want to finish this by the end of the year.

Have you ever wanted to add to the OSD universe or just make a game? Well don't miss this chance because this will be the best game ever!!!

here is a list of what I need for the game & how many people we should have in a group.

- Background music  Size(1-5+)
I want to use original music for this game not music on the web.I would like to have a lot of music in this game to fit the environment,scene, or place.

- Sound effects Size(1-5+)
I would like for people to find sound effects that may fit the environment,scene, or place.

- Cut scene setup Size(1+)
I might be able to do this my self but it may be easier to show people how I would like the event to be setup so they can do it fast,better, & easy.

- world animation Size(1+)
There is some what a lot of little things that will be going on in this game that I would like to work with people on to show that the city is not really "flat" or just a picture but more of an everyday view(winter time)

- AI animation Size(1+)
Like what I said up top. There will also be people around the city who may be walking,talking, or just standing there but the still need a sort of idle view like yawing,calling someone,or waving.Or a main view like reading newspapers talking to another AI & more.

- character animation Size(1+)
The main characters of the game will have the most idle& main views.I will draw up the main characters Then draw them in game form with a list of action for there views.Then the members of this group will receive them in a pm &/or email.

- proofreaders Size(2+)
At the end of the project I would like to send the game to two people and have them read over the game and see if there is a typo.

- scripters Size(1-5+)
Scriptwriters will be need because everyone has there set knowledge on AGS and I find it necessary that we can get at least 3 people with who is good and more fond of ags then others.

- snow/rain plugin v2.02+ setup Size(1+)
It will snow all the time so I will need some one to add snow effects to the game that look some what real.

- world scripter Size(1-5+)
Like I said before there is a lot of little things that will go on in the world or in each room. But to make every thing meet right I need world scriptwriters to make every thing "come to life."

- Ai scripters
Like I said before there is a lot of little things that character will do in each room. But to make every thing meet right I need Ai scriptwriters to make every one "come to life."

- TCP/ip setup
like most OSD games, I would like to include an iphone which will have an app on it called "Chat Me"
This will allow players to chat with other players on a server.

I really want this game to go well and I know I can only get 20% far by myself doing the stuff I stated at the top. Hopefully this team thing will work  ;)

R4L

Here we go again.... you're getting awfully ambitious yet again... Good luck though.

Gilbert

Awfully ambitious?

Not a chance in comparison! :=

But hey, ic... Studio3, it's nice to have some actual games released from you. I have downloaded it already and may have a go when I have the time.

Sslaxx

snickers There's ambitious, and then there's just plain insane - or lying through your arse!
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Icey

I am not really trying to make the best game ever. I am ambitious though. I know some stuff I cant add to the game alone like the TPC feature, To complicated but I just hope to get done with a small part of this then release it for a small amount of time until the real game is finished.

Scavenger

Quote from: Studio3 on Wed 01/12/2010 00:12:36
I am not really trying to make the best game ever. I am ambitious though. I know some stuff I cant add to the game alone like the TPC feature, To complicated but I just hope to get done with a small part of this then release it for a small amount of time until the real game is finished.

Remember, the essence of a good game is that you trim away all that's unnecessary first, build a solid foundation, and add the meat on later.

There are several things you don't need in your game. TCP/IP, sophisticated AI (a list of randoms with maybe a few "IF HP < 50% THEN do this" things.... at it's most complex. Enemies in an OSD game don't really need that much AI, and it's hard enough to balance an rpg.) can go right off the bat. Who the heck would want to chat to other people using an in game messenger in a single player joke rpg? They could just play it in a window and use an instant messenger. Think about what the player needs rather than what you want to put in for the sake of putting it in. Just implementing an IM system... would be an undertaking unto itself. Too huge and cumbersome for something like this.

Remember, Maniac Mansion was created with like, three people, and it was revolutionary. You don't need huge teams to make a good game. In fact, if you're trying to make a game with a huge team without the knowledge of all these things yourself, you're just going to make a huge mess because of lack of experience and leadership skills, since leading a project is a skill in itself. Just make a fun game. Then, when you know more about game design from experience (enough not to try and add TCP/IP to everything), you can do your ambitious project. Right now, you might be too green to realistically do this.

Icey

Ok then. I will not add TCP but the game will only have surtent rpg fights that occur in enevents that go with the story so there will be no radom battles. Thus making it easier for me to do a little more on my own.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk