Sprite Jam: Jam Session (Nov 22th - Dec 6th) Winner announced!

Started by Ilyich, Mon 22/11/2010 14:02:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Ilyich

Or, in other words
Musicians

Pixel-art from Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game

It may be a real musician, it may be a robotic music box, or a monkey with a banjo, anything you can think of.
As long as it can produce some music-like sounds.

No restrictions on colors or size, as long as the sprite would be usable in an AGS game.
Bonus points for a whole band and/or animation.

Probably will make some trophies. Good luck!

Matti

I always wanted to include a band in a game and thought about drawing one I know personally. This might be the chance to participate in a competition again. I don't promise anything though..

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

In the early 80's, a group of monsters (a bride of Dracula, Frankeinstein's Monster, the Wolfman, the Mummy, and a headbanging zombie) got together and recorded an album that made them an instant hit.  Unfortunately, their Commodore 64 game, Creepella and the Burning Skulls Conquer the World, did not fare as well:

Anian

Quote from: ProgZmax on Mon 22/11/2010 17:20:26
In the early 80's, a group of monsters got together and recorded an album that made them an instant hit.  Unfortunately, their Commodore 64 game, Creepella and the Burning Skulls, did not fare as well:
I wanted to say how I miss the Monster mash...then I remembered we now have Lady Gaga.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

DuncanFx

My version of an organ-grinder's monkey. I guess that some of the noise this little chap would make could be classed as "music"... :D

Pinback

Whoa ProgZMax that Monster Band is so awesome- I want to steal your idea and make something much less usable!

DuncanFX, very cool and a definite contender!

I so want to join in this Jam, it's a shame I have like ten billion other graphics to do! Arg!

Ilyich

ProgZmax, that was fast! And awesome! Great retro vibe and characters, well done.

DuncanFX, cool! That monkey's definitely enjoying itself. :)

Matti, Pinback - hope you'll both find time to enter!

Okay, great start, keep'em coming, people!

Sughly

Icey

Sughly

Yay done! Spent a little longer on this, since musicians are awesome ;D (love the theme for this one). Not sure what kind of music these guys would play together though. Would be interesting...

Wonkyth

Haha, that's great!
I love the poor dude in the back, looking a little lost.
And the Emo!!
"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

Ilyich

Sughly, great stuff! Cool designs. They make for a really strange band. :)
I especially like the confused bass-player, poor guy, how did he end up with these people? :)

Studio3 - yay for a dragon-shaped guitar. :)

Ilyich

BrutalSlakt, love the idea - a giant jellywish is well suited to play the piano. :)

Just a few days left, if someone needs a little more time - don't hesitate to ask.

Ilyich

Okay, that's it then!

Really hard to choose between Sughly's and ProgZmax's very different, but equally splendid entries, but since I have to...

The winner is... ProgZmax! Congratulations!
And "The Burning Skulls" win the most useless trophy a musician can have - a Grammy! 

Thanks for participating, everyone!

Sughly

Don't tell me that Ilyich! It's like salt in the wound :'(

No I jest, congrats ProgZmax! Nice work again to all!

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Oh dear, I won.  I will invent a suitably devious contest now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk