Politics in AGS

Started by Babar, Mon 29/11/2010 08:19:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Babar

Hey!

I just got the idea that it may be potentially interesting to find out what kind of political people on AGS are.

I was pretty surprised how I came out so libertarian, but Calin's results were not so surprising :P...it seems that my random sampling of those present in the AGS IRC chatroom currently shows a libertarian left slant. It is your job to change this (or cement it in place :D).

EDIT: Added Everyone so far

It is getting a bit crowded in that corner...perhaps I should change the names to numbers in the image soon.

Here is the test

And you can fill in whatever value you obtained here:
The AGS Political Spectrum (so far)

Everyone fill it in! I want to have an understanding of who I will have to kill in the upcoming revolution. :P
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Tuomas

[EDIT]: and no, I'm not going to post the figures because I already closed the tab and they're gone.

Jared

This is a great test. Confirmed what I already figured - I'm very Left in broad issues but still quite authoritarian minded regarding government. But not enough to be a true authoritarian... soz for letting ya'll down.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't know quite how it works. -5.75, -0.92 are my values.

Babar

Give us the numbers or the link, Jared (And others)! We need someone in the pink box :D.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Stupot

EC: -2.50
SOC: -2.51

Anian

I'm right about Nelson Mandela...don't know if it's a good or a bad thing...people like that are first to go in a militaristic regime.  :P
ec -6.75  soc -4
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Crimson Wizard

Although it was somewhat difficult to answer on certain questions (I could miss something due to lack of knowledge of english language), here is my data:

Economic Left/Right: -6.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.92

(which was a bit surprising, because I expected this capitalist propaganda programm would put me somewhere near fascism :P)

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: BabarIt appears we are developing a Communist Sickle
Quote from: KhrisRight there with you it seems

....you must be kidding  :o

InCreator

Ha! Red square is mine, all mine!
You hippie rebels need to learn some discipline.

BrutalSlakt

I got Economic Left/Right: -3.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.82

fill it in for me please lovely babar

Snarky

Oh, this old thing. It's a fun game, and the notion of two axes of political orientation is useful, but ultimately I think it's so biased (deliberately or not) as to essentially constitute a push poll. Almost all politicians are placed in the upper right quadrant, while the questions are phrased and the results calculated in such as way that most of those who take the test end up in the lower left. In other words, it's a way of convincing people that they should be voting more left-ish.

To check the fairness, I tried taking the test as George W. Bush (the top-right-most politician in their chart), answering as well as I could based on what I know of him, and I got a completely different result (4.88/2.05, about where they show Stephen Harper).

Calin Leafshade

The test is not that usefuls in and of itself but it is fun as a comparison tool... you just need to shift the centre point a little.

Wonkyth

Economic Left/Right: -3.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

Wyz

I get similar results each time I take the test :)

Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.90
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

Phemar

I added myself here.

Economic Left/Right: -3.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.82

It's weird how we all seem to have similar views...

Khris

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Mon 29/11/2010 10:17:01
....you must be kidding  :o
?
I meant: I ended up right were I expected, pretty much in the center of the group and the lower left square.
I'd say communism is further left and at the top, where they put Stalin.

GarageGothic

Not gonna do the test again (already took it twice before) but I'm also on the left wing/social libertarian corner of the spectrum.

Edit: Decided to re-take the test anyway since I've gotten a clearer picture of my true feelings about the world lately. Though I think the main change from previous times was that I answered "disagree" rather than "strongly disagree" to some of the pro-religious questions. Still am strongly opposed to organized religion in its current form, however.

Economic Left/Right: -6.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.44

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Khris on Mon 29/11/2010 12:32:14
Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Mon 29/11/2010 10:17:01
....you must be kidding  :o
?
I meant: I ended up right were I expected, pretty much in the center of the group and the lower left square.
I'd say communism is further left and at the top, where they put Stalin.
Perhaps you did not get Babar's idea; the points he put on graph were forming Sickle & Hammer sign. And your point made a continuation to the hammer stick  ;D
Too bad, now the image is too messed up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk