Blackwell Deception - Launching today

Started by Dave Gilbert, Thu 02/12/2010 23:53:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Gilbert

Buckethead

Great! I wanted to do some fanart for a while. I really gotta take this chance!  :)

straydogstrut

I'm not going to say i'll enter because I know I promise so often to enter all these compos and never seem to manage it=(

That and I haven't a hope in hell of creating anything near as gorgeous as "Blackwell Nighthawks" (an homage to my favourite painting in the guise of a videogame? Yes please. I can die a happy man)

..but I will definitely be snapping up the DVD when payday hits on friday. It's such a sweet deal=D

Igor Hardy

Quote from: straydogstrut on Sun 25/09/2011 22:28:20
That and I haven't a hope in hell of creating anything near as gorgeous as "Blackwell Nighthawks" (an homage to my favourite painting in the guise of a videogame? Yes please. I can die a happy man)

Your favorite painting, huh? Then it might be of interest to you that there are bar locations directly referencing Nighthawks in Overclocked and Trauma.

And then, there's this:

http://ccnerdfactory.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/tumblr_lpsc4xagej1qbvj8yo1_500.jpg

Sorry, for the off-top, Dave. I'll try to make my own fanart to atone for it.

edit by darth - non-game related image changed to link

Ilyich

Thanks? :) Don't worry, the "Blackwell Nighthawks" didn't win anything anyway. ;) It wasn't even featured in the fanart section for, like, a year. Almost like my Gemini Rue fanart disappeared from it. Nice new design, though, Dave. ;) Yeah, I'm bitter. :D

Also, I'm going to do something even more awesome this time! I hope... Well, at least i'll try to... maybe?

SeventhBard

Woohoo! Totally entered. The Blackwell games hold a special place in my heart. I'm pretty sure very nearly every game there is could be bettered by the addition of supernatural elements. ;)

Er... don't be confused if you happen to accidentally get the email twice. First I tried using my website email, because I was trying to see if I could get it to work (NOPE LOL THANX THUNDERBIRD), but apparently I can recieve but not send until I actually figure out what I am doing, sooo I just sent it from my gmail instead. 

;D

Surdy

I played to Blackwell Deception demo with my mother and we both have enjoyed it. The great graphics, the catchy soundtrack & the brilliant writing especially Joey & Rosa' ironics dialogues. I love the last cliffhanger which is surprising. Who is that old man for Joey?

Wait & see the 12th October...

Good job, Dave !

Dave Gilbert

Quote from: SeventhBard on Mon 26/09/2011 17:52:41
Woohoo! Totally entered. The Blackwell games hold a special place in my heart. I'm pretty sure very nearly every game there is could be bettered by the addition of supernatural elements. ;)

Er... don't be confused if you happen to accidentally get the email twice. First I tried using my website email, because I was trying to see if I could get it to work (NOPE LOL THANX THUNDERBIRD), but apparently I can recieve but not send until I actually figure out what I am doing, sooo I just sent it from my gmail instead. 

;D

Well, sorry to report that I haven't gotten anything.  Which email did you send it to?

SeventhBard

Oh dear! I sent it to admin@wadgeteyegames.com, because it was the address on the website.

Oh, except that gmail is telling me I fail at sending mail. Curses! Maybe that was my problem on Thunderbird too, I could have typed it up wrong. What is the correct address?

Dave Gilbert

SeventhBard

Oh bleedin' heck, EVERY time. I swear if I make that same spelling error one more time the goddess herself will come down and bean me one. Guess it's lucky I didn't specialize in ancient Egyptian folklore.  ::)

(resent, with the actual spelling and not the English-a-fied one my brain likes to supply)

Dave Gilbert

Quote from: Ilyich on Mon 26/09/2011 00:00:17
Thanks? :) Don't worry, the "Blackwell Nighthawks" didn't win anything anyway. ;) It wasn't even featured in the fanart section for, like, a year. Almost like my Gemini Rue fanart disappeared from it. Nice new design, though, Dave. ;) Yeah, I'm bitter. :D

Also, I'm going to do something even more awesome this time! I hope... Well, at least i'll try to... maybe?

GAH.  You're right!  They must not have been copied over when we revamped the website.  I do have the files, still. I'll re-add them.

Darth Mandarb

Alright... it's getting a bit off-topic in here.  Let's get this back on-topic please!

Dave Gilbert

Dave Gilbert

Apologies for the bumpage.  Just wanted to remind folks that the fanart contest ends tomorrow.  So if you have any entries, now is the time to send them. :)

-Dave

Dave Gilbert

Last day to get your pre-orders in.  If you want to nab the DVD, now's the time to get it. :)

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Wow, that's quite a good deal, and I'm not just saying it because I worked on the second game in the series!

CaptainD

I'm really enjoying my review copy of Blackwell Deception - I haven't played the earlier games (apart from the freeware version of the very first game), so I can't offer a comparison.  Some really good puzzles, nice graphics, great music and a strong storyline.  So far I'm a little disappointed with the number of inventory object puzzles, but maybe there are more of them later on.

Dave Gilbert

The game will be launching in a few hours.  In the meantime, the fanart contest results are HERE.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk