Blackwell Deception - Launching today

Started by Dave Gilbert, Thu 02/12/2010 23:53:43

Previous topic - Next topic

theo

Lookin' good, guys! Keep it up.

Dave Gilbert

Now that Gemini Rue's done, I'm back fulltime on this.  Here are some more screenies:

Moving on.

A storefront psychic.

Joey gets his groove on.

ddq

You better make Joey a better dancer than Commander Shepard is in Mass Effect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5F_5e6_pOg

GarageGothic

For some weird reason I really like how nodespace looks different in every game. I mean, it would, wouldn't it? :)

Really looking forward to this, Dave! Keep up the good work.

Mati256

Looks fantastic Dave.
Which resolution did you finally choose for the backgrounds?
My Blog! (En Español)

Dave Gilbert

It's 320x240 blown up to 640x480, so I can use high res fonts.

BlankCanvasDJ

Now I want to draw a dancing Joey portrait.  ;D

Dave Gilbert

Just got the finalized promotional poster:

Peder 🚀

Dualnames

Amazing poster!! Way to go Dave!  :D
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Ilyich

Totally sweet poster! Very clean art. Also, Joey here reminds me of someone, like William Holden, but not quite. And it looks like it's going to be really dark this time, interesting!

frederic09

i confirm, it's a nice poster ^_^

FamousAdventurer77

If you want to know the Bible's contents, just watch Lord of the Rings or listen to the last 8 Blind Guardian albums. It's pretty much the same thing.

TheRoger

Somewhy I thought that Blackwell is a trilogy. But now i know that it is not  ;D  Definitely I want to see (and play) this finished.

Dave Gilbert

Quote from: TheRoger on Tue 24/05/2011 05:22:21
Somewhy I thought that Blackwell is a trilogy. But now i know that it is not  ;D  Definitely I want to see (and play) this finished.

Lots of people always assume so, but I've never said the word trilogy anywhere.  There will probably be around six, altogether.

Stupot

I always assumed Convergence would be the last game (and thus the series a trilogy), simply because of its name.  It sounded to me like the stories of the first two games would converge, which they kind of did, but I guess I assumed there would be more finality to it.

Not that I'm complaining.  These games were awesome and I can't wait for Deception.  There's a lot more life left in our Joey yet... so to speak.

FamousAdventurer77

I wonder if Joey's origins will get (slightly) unearthed in this one? Will there be another prequel of sorts...where you play as Rosa's grandmother? (Or at least see some of her?)
If you want to know the Bible's contents, just watch Lord of the Rings or listen to the last 8 Blind Guardian albums. It's pretty much the same thing.

Buckethead

I've read your comment on the poster of The Philanthropist and I think you kind of did the same thing here. It looks great nevertheless

Ethan D

Quote from: Buckethead on Wed 25/05/2011 07:41:02
I've read your comment on the poster of The Philanthropist and I think you kind of did the same thing here. It looks great nevertheless

The poster for The Philanthropist was made a while back and this poster was made before I announced my game, so any similarities are purely coincidental.

It definitely looks great Dave.

Dave Gilbert

@FamousAdventurer:  Eeeever so slightly, yes. :) 

BTW, an interesting change this time around is that I finally bought a legit microphone.  No more accidentally blowing into headset mics!  Check out Abe and Rebecca (Joey and Rosa) at the mic:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk