PLUGIN + EDITOR: CharacterD3D v0.3 (31 Oct 2010)

Started by Besh, Thu 11/02/2010 17:49:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Besh

Sorry for that... You are right, it isn't clear at all...

This version needs:
- an empty room (eg. room #1) to init the plugin (where empty means without any CD3D functions) (anyway you can ask for shadows or display a logo or... )
- chage room (eg. room2)
- write CD3D code in this second room
- change room ... and so on

I don't remember exactly why I choose this orrible solution but I'll try to find a better one in next release.
"Spread our codes to the stars,
You can rescue us all"
- Muse

None

My GOD thank you? I was wondering what was up! I thought I was going crazy. I only changed the 3d demo room from room 2, to room 3 and it stopped working.
So does creating a room free of D3D code reset the plugin? I was wondering how to code separate 3d areas as there's no 'remove object' code as far as I can see.
Also say one wanted to create separate distinct maps,  Would this basically be a process of toggling the 'visible' attribute and loading a new walkarea file?

(READ UR UPDATE ON MAIN PLUGIN *EDIT*)
So it supports two rooms? Okay then all the room 'transitioning' will have to be handled via object visible switches. Thanks for clarifying.
(*EDIT*)

Marodex

Hi there Besh,

After choosing to see the realtime shadows I get the following window:

This is under Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

I have followed the points under CD3D_Doc.htm and also copied Irrlicht.dll from the compiled folder into the demo folder.

Thanks ;-)

Besh

Hi Marodex
if yuo choose to run the game from within the AGS editor you also need to copy the media folder to cd3d_demo folder (media folder is in cd3d_demo/compiled folder)
You can rescue us all"
- Muse

-------

Thanks a million... you seriously need to add a thanks button to the forum for things like this.
This will save so much headache you cannot believe it.

None

Bugs/Limitations

These bugs/limitations are not documented anywhere I can find, so far:

You can't use frames stored above 32, at least in the MS3D format, if you try to use anything past 33 the character no longer animates and instead 'glides'.
//The 'glide' glitch, it did it to me again when I had reduced the animation to a 10 frame cycle, so there's something fishy there, but I don't know what yet.

Only true resolutions are supported. E.G. making the game 320x240 and blowing it up to 640x480 creates a major mouse coordinate error amongst other things.
Also it seems whatever the window size is that is what it renders at. E.G. If I set it at 320x240 and run it in x2 antialias it still draws it at 640x480.

//Still working with the plugin, we'll see if anything else shows up.

Besh

New vesion uploaded, see the main post for details.

@ShonenAiGuy
Thank you very much, I appreciate your help. I'll work at "bugs/limitation" on the next release.

CIAO
You can rescue us all"
- Muse

None

;D I just downloaded the old version this week. It'll be nice to have an improved interface. As I really want to make a fully 3d game in AGS.
I for one appreciate that this mod is still being worked on/updated.

Please keep up the work, and thanks.

celticafro

Hello!

Thanks for all the hard work you've put into this plugin. I thought I ought to alert you to something:

I just downloaded the files, but I can't seem to decompress either of them. 7-zip keeps throwing a "data error", telling me that the files are corrupt. I am using windows 7 64-bit.

doesn't seem like anyone had this problem last week. Anyone else having this issue?

Besh

thanks guys!

celticafro I'm sorry for that... I just download and extract the 7z files from several computers (xp, 7 and ubuntu - all 32bit) without any problem. I don't have any 64bit os to check with.
I'm using PeaZip (it's free).
If you want, I'll send you an e-mail with zip or rar files so you can check out. Let me know.
You can rescue us all"
- Muse

Thedomib

Hello!
your plugin doesnt run on my pc because i have the 3.1.2 version of AGS.
can some one give me the downloadlink? (because i cant load it on the website) I'm from germany thats why my english so bad -.- )  ::)
EDIT: oh i forgot! i need version 3.2

Sslaxx

For what it's worth, the current demo works at about 30-50 frames per second, on an old Nvidia graphics card (7300GT), under WINE, with shadows enabled.
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk