Firefly story 3D 1.0

Started by Icey, Sat 11/12/2010 17:44:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Icey

Firefly story 3D

FFS 3D is small game that give an example of 3D in AGS. You play as a fire fly in a forest at night time. You control one side of the room while the other side just copies you.

It is best to run this game in full screen so you don't strain your eyes because of the stuff outside of the game including the window frame. Make sure you cross eyed your eyes to view in 3d!

Download here

Gudforby

I see the firefly. But where is the story? And where is the 3D?

My eyes hurt...

Icey

This version 1 I am getting the story together. But if you cant see the 3d I don't what to say. Oh put it in full screen and it should work.

Darius Poyer

This is just atrocious. Not only is this horribly misplaced, its not even a basic tech-demo. It would be annoying enough to see this is the work in progress section so the mere fact that you posted where you did only does you a disservice.

It's been said so many times but for god's sake at least make something that works, ignore that urge to release and 'just see what happens' crap and actually make something. You cant possibly think that this is worth showing on any level.

Get the hell out of here and make a god-damned game already!

Icey

Well actually this is version 1.0 there will be a little more in version 1.1. Also I have made a game that is completed + I am working on one that is near finished so before coming at me side why don't you look at my god-damn older post already >:]

ddq

This is not version 1.0.
This is version does not even deserve to have a positive number.
This is not a game, not a tech demo, not worth downloading, not worth playing, and not worth making.

This is a terrible way to implement 3D. It's downright ignorant to think that people would want to cross their eyes through the duration of a game.

Icey

Oh here we go. Listing ok. Here is the list of changes for the future.

V1.1
more rooms
narrator of the story.
more.
V2.0
No crossed. require 3d glasses

Darius Poyer

EDIT: removed

Screw it.

Gudforby

Icey

Quote from: Gudforby on Sun 12/12/2010 02:32:33
My eyes still hurt...
don't keep playing or don't strain your eyes to get it perfect. See every one I just remembered another reason why I made it small. So people don't hurt there eyes while playing this game. So instead of coming at me about the game why don't you just keep quite and do something else with your life.

Technocrat

Well, that was certainly a mouse cursor! I can definitely say it moved when I moved the mouse!

(I'm trying to be as positive as possible)

Ryan Timothy B

This was amazing best game you've made so far really keep making them I just love them I swear it I wouldn't lie to you Icey no I wouldn't especially the story wow that was fantastic really impressive piece of work deserves all the attention it should ever get maybe even get posted on gamer magazine or something damn that was a fine game the 3d was mind blowing impressive that girl was pretty hot too especially what I learned about her sister this might even be the next minecraft you might be a millionaire soon

Icey

OOhh some one has jokes! "I wouldn't lie to you Icey" yeah coming from the guy who once said they were Square enix  >:(

besides when I do become a millionaire it wont be with me working with AGS.

Jim Reed

Heck, I don't like Icey much, either, but give the guy a break. He took one last time I proposed it, and he came out better for it. Have patience, give him space, I'm sure he will grow up in his own time. Hasn't any of you acted childish ever?

nihilyst

While cross eye 3D can be pretty effective (see here for example), I think this first room you show is quite shallow on the 3D part. Maybe photos (like in the example) would be a better choice.

Nice idea, although I have to say, I wouldn't play a game cross-eyed for more than 5 minutes. And I guess every time the background changed, you'd have to cross eye your eyes again.

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: Jim Reed on Sun 12/12/2010 14:23:48
Hasn't any of you acted childish ever?
Absolutely. My last post was a prime example of that. :P

But does he seriously need to make a completed game thread for each little test demo he makes? Really? He already made the thread talking about 3D in AGS, then he posts this in here instead of in that thread. Which would be much more suited.

And honestly, I have zero desire to cross my eyes to see something in '3D'. The red green glasses would have been much better of an idea. Shouldn't be too hard either, just don't do it with a fully graphical game. Something simple perhaps.

Icey

one thread was for the idea of 3d.
this one was to show I finished a little piece of my idea but it
I made it in this type of 3D because it is the most easiest to make and see unlike the red / green 3d because you need glass. I want try something like the real D 3D because I have the glasses with me.

Dualnames

STFU & GTFO THAT IS TEH BAEST GMZ EVAR!

I find this whole idea rather stupid, and I've come across it millions of times in youtube and other internet places. Yeah, sure we shouldn't slack the guy for no reason. But he should eventually not care or stop being overly excited about every idea he comes across with. Like "oh my god a fly" let's make a game where you are the fly using keyboard interface and the lake module.

[quotebesides when I do become a millionaire it wont be with me working with AGS.[/quote]

Will this happen before or after you visit Mars?

What kind of feedback was expected here is a question that needs to be made. What possible feedback would be possible when something was made in 2 minutes or so. Since you're so much keen on making small games, why not an hourgame? I'd like to see some hourgames. You'd be surprised at how much level as a developer for example bici has acquired. I keep urging him to make a game, cause he has so much diversity in his games.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Icey

I want to make an hourgame but there are 2 reasons stopping me all the time.

Right now I am working on OSD2 and I am like half way though and I don't want to stop but I need to find that "push" to keep me going.

Now if I top this game to start a new then I will here every ones mouth about how he didn't finish a game but he started a new one.

Joe

Copinstar © Oficial Site

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk