Started by Icey, Sat 11/12/2010 17:44:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Icey

Joe

OK sorry maybe it was my internet connection
Copinstar © Oficial Site

Icey

m0ds

Stop posting up your nonsense and believing the community wants to see it.

This forum is for COMPLETED GAMES. You can't just announce a piece of sh*t and then have numerous conversations in your thread about all your other goals in life.

The games database is for COMPLETED GAMES. Not for putting examples, test games and so forth.

I'll be the one to say it: You're still being an incompetent little tw*t, I'd quite happily tell a 10 year old the same thing if they were being a little sh*t - which you are. Day in day out it's "oh god what has icey done now".

I can be a very amicable person but you really need to think a little before you post. Can you not use Facebook to announce all your little things? Can you not just get a website and save us the hassle?

Everyone else seems able to hold back on posts and uploads when they have an idea and make a one room example, why should you be different?

QuoteSo instead of coming at me about the game why don't you just keep quite and do something else with your life.

No. Instead of you coming all over this forum with your juvenile thread posting spunk, why don't you keep quiet, make something worthwhile and post up a complete, playable, grammatically correct product. After a good spell of what seemed like maturity, you've reverted back to the original little shit you were several months ago.

Also I understand you love using version numbers but seriously, shut up with that. You shouldn't have bothered until it was up to your own "version 8.0" standard. You can't just expect to drop version numbers and believe that's going to make everything better.

Seriously Ice, redeem your reputation. Remove this thread from completed games and remove it from the database. The thread you made in general discussion is quite enough about your 3D method.

The sooner you grow up, the sooner I'll help you produce a game worthy of magazine CD's with your name on it. With any luck, you'll reach that position yourself before I get the chance to help  :=

Icey

Fine I will finsh the games. Just lock it.

poc301

Quote from: Mods on Tue 14/12/2010 16:44:00
Stop posting up your nonsense and believing the community wants to see it.

This forum is for COMPLETED GAMES. You can't just announce a piece of sh*t and then have numerous conversations in your thread about all your other goals in life.

The games database is for COMPLETED GAMES. Not for putting examples, test games and so forth.

I'll be the one to say it: You're still being an incompetent little tw*t, I'd quite happily tell a 10 year old the same thing if they were being a little sh*t - which you are. Day in day out it's "oh god what has icey done now".

I can be a very amicable person but you really need to think a little before you post. Can you not use Facebook to announce all your little things? Can you not just get a website and save us the hassle?

Everyone else seems able to hold back on posts and uploads when they have an idea and make a one room example, why should you be different?

QuoteSo instead of coming at me about the game why don't you just keep quite and do something else with your life.

No. Instead of you coming all over this forum with your juvenile thread posting spunk, why don't you keep quiet, make something worthwhile and post up a complete, playable, grammatically correct product. After a good spell of what seemed like maturity, you've reverted back to the original little shit you were several months ago.

Also I understand you love using version numbers but seriously, shut up with that. You shouldn't have bothered until it was up to your own "version 8.0" standard. You can't just expect to drop version numbers and believe that's going to make everything better.

Seriously Ice, redeem your reputation. Remove this thread from completed games and remove it from the database. The thread you made in general discussion is quite enough about your 3D method.

The sooner you grow up, the sooner I'll help you produce a game worthy of magazine CD's with your name on it. With any luck, you'll reach that position yourself before I get the chance to help  :=

Best.     Post.     Ever.

m0ds

Quote from: Studio3 on Tue 14/12/2010 19:25:01
Fine I will finsh the games. Just lock it.

Good, and you'll never announce an incomplete or waste of our time project again. Well done.

Domino

I caved in and downloaded it. What the Hell!!

:'(

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I have to agree with mods on this, though maybe not as hotly.  I'm going to repeat some of the points in this thread because you don't seem to absorb what people tell you easily, so don't take this as a personal attack but rather advice you really should follow if you want to improve not only yourself and the quality of your games but the way people see you:

1.  While your excitement at every achievement is great, try to understand that Completed Games are, in fact, completed; not works in progress, not demos, not exciting little things you've figured out, but actual, real and I stress complete.  Bugs are a forgivable part of the design process; completely missing gameplay is not.

2.  Calm down.  Take a deep breath.  I read your posts on the forum and it's like you're running around with your veins pumped full of sugar.  I understand your excitement and sense of wonder, and I even admire it, but please tone it down a few notches.  Dial back on the attack.

3.  Read and observe the forum rules.  If you can do this you'll rarely run into problems unless they are on a person-person level.  This goes back to rule 1 and can save you a lot of trouble dealing with upset or annoyed moderators and members (even though it's not a member's job to try and enforce the rules).

I've seen a lot of members get off to a really bad start but mature and become welcome members of the community, and you've made some progress toward that so don't sabotage yourself.

Icey

I will take your advice ProgZmax.

xelanoimis

Hi there,

The 3d stereoscopic idea is nice, though playing a whole game with the eyes crossed might be a bit too much.

I think you can use an optic device to look at it normally. I saw some post cards like that.

About the game, or the wannabe game, I think your 3d effect is missing some alignament. It's difficult to draw it by hand. Best to use a 3D CG software (max/blender,etc) and render 2 images, one from each the eye. You can still give it a hand painted look (or even paint above it).

I can easily see this sort of 3d images, but I had difficulties with your game. Also might help if you separate the images (smaller than half screen) on a black background. Also use more layers and don't forget about moving or animated things.

Also, I think you can play it on 3d tv, but depending on tv model, you may need to display the 2 frames side by side or one up and one down. Interlaced images may be harder to do in ags.

Maybe you can have a version for red-blue or red-green glasses where you add the 2 images with colors tinted. Not sure if ags supports it. Some people can't see the cross-eye images.

Don't loose fate because of others' negative feedback. Just try to make it look better. And make it a game, by adding a purpose. At least a hidden object game.

Alex

Icey

I like that, Thanks.

Also if I ever get the hang of it the game will feature a option called "Black eye" which will Put a black border over the right side of the screen. so you will have your basic ags game.

Dualnames

Quote from: Studio3 on Thu 16/12/2010 21:50:37
I like that, Thanks.

Also if I ever get the hang of it the game will feature a option called "Black eye" which will Put a black border over the right side of the screen. so you will have your basic ags game.

And you can also put another black border on the left and you'll have the first BLACK SCREEN ags game!!!!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Icey

Hey you did say you didn't want to cross your eyes right & you had an eye problem? Well this should help. At least I think it should. :-\

Atelier

I don't like the sound of this. A 3D AGS game just sounds like a gimmick to me. It won't improve the gameplay one bit, I advise you should work on that bit first icey. And please change your name back, Studio3 isn't as tr0lly! :)

Icey

You know I was think and I don't know if AGS is ready for 3d so I might have to think really hard if I want to get in to this right now.

As for my old name...I think I rather have a vote on whether it should go back to icey. I did get a lot of extra names from having that. : :-\

Snake

Hardily.

Hoodily.

Hoo.

Icing: I want to let you know that you just beat out Virtualpsycho. My signature is no longer wanting to do nothing more than crank out games. It is now doing a lot of thinking.

PS
m0dsie, lock this already, would yay? Other games need to be the first in the list, not this. Deserving games are being corn-holed. Let him take this elsewhere, no?

\\--EDIT--//
QuoteAs for my old name...I think I rather have a vote on whether it should go back to icey. I did get a lot of extra names from having that.
So why don't you create a thread about it? It would be a fun get-together for the community to vote on what your next name will be! This new name will indeed be your third installment, so I think it will certainly deserve, "Gold Hits", after!

I CALLED IT!!1

\\--EDIT2--//
And I am joking about making a new thread wanting people to vote for your new name. Don't do it. I am making fun. It's a completely stupid idea. Just change the damned thing if you want, no contests need to be held.
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Rocco

why is this board not moderated ???
the AGS Games in Production is so well moderated,
and in the most important section of the forum with finished games, everyone can post crab?

Matti

..maybe it's the fact that everyone likes crabs?

Yes, I joined the madness before it's over!

Jim Reed

I feel ashamed for standing up for you, Icey.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk