Firefly story 3D 1.0

Started by Icey, Sat 11/12/2010 17:44:58

Previous topic - Next topic

m0ds

Oh dear, this thread still going is it?

virtualpsycho, calm down you silly little girl - clean up your attitude or get lost. Your so called ideals currently stand out as "Make money, be a cock about it in the process".

QuoteNo one should be shouting their mouth off until they have the evidence to back up their opinion....

Does that include you, who took a portion of what was said and misinterpreted it and responded like a 10 year old on her period for the first time?

QuoteJust don't like to take shit from anybody in any way, shape or form.

Well then you'll be sad to hear I think you're a wee batty boy. See, I can type Scottish like you!

QuoteYou think completing freeware games and getting awards from the community mean something? It doesnt....

So err, why are you here? Oh wait, to be that big mouth you mentioned in the sentence before perhaps?

There's a lot of successful people from this place many of whom release their games for free. You've just proved you're not one of them and that your jealousy is rife.

Anyway, drop the attitude. No-one is going to bother to "prove" anything to you when all that's going on is you proving to the rest of us you're a bit of a prick. Go and make your money and "be someone" - just stay away from us whilst you do it. Cheers.

virtualpsycho

@Matti

"The statement is stupid cause it implies that nothing except earning money means anything. If I'd think like that I'd kill myself" - Just being realistic about the part of the industry that has kept it rollin' in today's society. I do not have this mindset myself but the people who make the decisions unfortunately do. Its about survival for me more than anything.

I know indie (freeware/commercial) games are the best and I love them (favorite game at present is Downfall ags) .... but someone who proved themselves in the commercial part of the industry certainly has more swing than in an indie capacity. Proven experience (a lack of) is something that many game development recruiters and hr recruitment people whine about. Many people applying with no evidence or nothing to show quite frankly amounting to useless advice givers(which online communities are full of unfortunately and I am only slightly out of that pool myself) because until you have proved yourself in some sort of manner and finished it a person will never truly possess the right advice or mindset to give a valid viewpoint. So thats why I dont value (get annoyed) at someones advice/opinions until they show me what they have done. I have proven industry experience myself but it is extremely minute and barely there but it is there. Still making games on this end myself and learning alot.

I would love to get someone with proven experience to batter me with information as it would make me shut up and listen. Very valuable....

"If you want to make a living with developing games, then that's your choice, and I wish you luck with that. I'm considering this myself btw. But that doesn't make your statement better or true in any way." - I am on the same wave length but it doesn't make it worse or untrue either. I only wish you luck and no harm. We are all after the same dream.

I don't want to fall out with anyone but I won't let anyone with no proven experience slag me off (taking into account my tunnel observation at the time). No proven experience = no respect/right to blast advice or opinion to anyone. As you know from making games until you make one fully you will never learn particular things (skills, etc....) that you do not think of until amidst development. Developing as a hobbyist and developing as a job (for commercial ends) two different things.

I am not demonising any hobbyist either, I wish I was hobbyist before I went to college but I was just playing games until I learned the trade.

virtualpsycho

Quote from: Mods on Sun 23/01/2011 15:42:07
Oh dear, this thread still going is it?

virtualpsycho, calm down you silly little girl - clean up your attitude or get lost. Your so called ideals currently stand out as "Make money, be a cock about it in the process".

QuoteNo one should be shouting their mouth off until they have the evidence to back up their opinion....

Does that include you, who took a portion of what was said and misinterpreted it and responded like a 10 year old on her period for the first time?

QuoteJust don't like to take shit from anybody in any way, shape or form.

Well then you'll be sad to hear I think you're a wee batty boy. See, I can type Scottish like you!

QuoteYou think completing freeware games and getting awards from the community mean something? It doesnt....

So err, why are you here? Oh wait, to be that big mouth you mentioned in the sentence before perhaps?

There's a lot of successful people from this place many of whom release their games for free. You've just proved you're not one of them and that your jealousy is rife.

Anyway, drop the attitude. No-one is going to bother to "prove" anything to you when all that's going on is you proving to the rest of us you're a bit of a prick. Go and make your money and "be someone" - just stay away from us whilst you do it. Cheers.

Thank you for proving my point. Do you feel better now?

Honestly I dont know what to say anymore.... I suppose I will take your advice and say nothing, thank you. hahahaha......

Matti

ddq

OMGXORZ DRAMAAAA
What is with the recent influx of stupid around here? I know the Internet is srs bsns and all, but can't people respect each other and listen to good advice?

virtualpsycho

It could be the passion and pride we all share for what we do (also begrudgingly including my idiotic tunnel vision :( ).... anyways on to better days. Good luck,  :=

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk