Technobabylon - Part II

Started by Technocrat, Sat 18/12/2010 11:56:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Technocrat

"What is this, national suicide week?"

A young woman contemplates her end. A terror from the past comes to take its revenge. A police scientist finds himself blackmailed with the lives of the unborn children of his dead wife.

Forced to carry out the will of an anonymous voice on the interlinks, Dr Charlie Regis must try to perform both his official role as public servant, and the role that his antagonist has set for him. How long can he keep this conflict hidden from his friend and partner, Dr Lao? And more importantly, can he save the most important remaining part of his lost love?

Welcome to the future...
Welcome to Technobabylon

DOWNLOAD IT HERE

The second episode of this apparently episodic cyberpunk adventure. With thanks to kaputtnik for the music, and cianty, WHAM and kaputtnik for their testing input!

TECHNOBABYLON 2 - Now with more rooms!

Choose the star of the next episode:
Vote here!

Never mind, the poll seems to be well and truly borked. Just drop a post on here to let me know who you want to see next!

bicilotti

glad to see this out! d'loading!

kaputtnik

Do not miss out on this, good people! Even after the 5th beta it was still lots of fun to play, and I really think I'll download and play it again now. It's that good, really.
I, object.

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

cianty

The Technobabylon series is quickly growing to be one of my favourite AGS game series. I very much enjoy the visual style and feeling of the world. Highly recommended to anyone!
ca. 70% completed

bicilotti

Played, finished, replayed it, enjoyed thoroughly!

Just a minor bug: in the options screen, try to click about -> "default game".

Keep it up with th good work.

Dualnames

Okay, I DEMAND 6 CUPS OF GLORY!!!

I thought I reached my limit with Marionette as best ags game. But well, man, the plot closed in the most unbelievable way possible. Way to go!!!!
Excellent game, the music is epic!!

I'm currently excited! The game reminded me of that coolness I've yet to grasp since Monkey Island! So pardon me if I'm acting over-excited!!
You got yourself a fan Technocrat! :D
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Technocrat

Well, so far so good then! Glad people are liking it!

For the next several episodes, I've got ideas for each of the main characters, so I figured I might as well ask those who are playing who they'd like to see more of next episode - voting for it is HERE

CaptainD

Uber-kewl!  ;D

Looking forward to seeing what you do with your dystopian future next...

cianty

Cool. I voted for Latha as I feel it's her turn now.
ca. 70% completed

frederic09

I feel sorry for the girl, Latha, i wonder if Regis was manipulated from the beginning.

Igor Hardy

The stupid poll machine's personality refuses to count my vote! :(

Anyway, if it worked I'd vote for Latha.

cianty

Quote from: Ascovel on Sat 18/12/2010 16:52:03
The stupid poll machine's personality refuses to count my vote! :(

Ha ha. Guess it needs a more cooperative personality chip...

When I voted I got an message that I can vote only once, although it was the first time. Then I checked the results and saw one vote for Latha so I assumed it accepted my vote.
ca. 70% completed

mode7

Damn, this is good! Really great game so far.
It reminded me a lot of ghost in the shell this time - which is a good thing.

The writing is amazing - the scenario you create is so intense and it's even more scary because everything seems so realistic or at least very plausible.

Tarmstorm

Really liked it, except for the elevator music.

Ilyich

Great stuff! Really well thought out, lots of nice and interesting details, cool and diverse puzzles, engaging story, involving characters, dense atmosphere, edgy subject matter and all that goody-goodness. And what's always important - a great, yet subtle sense of (black) humour.

In short - I enjoyed it quite a lot, thanks! Will definitely "See you in Part III". :)

markbilly

Loving this so far. Hurrah for sci fi!

Technocrat

Yeah, apparently the poll is well and truly borked. Grumble grumble...either way, just put on here who you want to see in part 3 instead! So far, Latha's apparently the frontrunner!

Tabata

Sorry, it wasn't possible for me to vote, too: „You cannot vote repeatedly.“ - I haven't!?  ???
... and looking the results it's telling me, that there is only one vote till now (something wrong with the voting-link?)

So I'd like to vote for "the frontnumber", too: Even if Dr. Lao is very interesting (with her/his background), I would like to know more about Latha first (but I'm really sure, I will like the story to come with everyone of this three).

Go on with this well done work!  :)

... only to have mentioned it (no bug or something, that has to be changed):
Spoiler
After you have been in the Central and come back to the balcony, there is (still?) a hotspot named „new character“.
[close]

theo

Yay! gonna download this as soon as I get home from work!  ;D

Congrats on releasing it!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk