[RELEASED] Donna: Avenger of Blood - PHASE 2 (nudity warning!)

Started by Goldmund, Tue 18/11/2003 17:33:07

Previous topic - Next topic

linus

The game is looking better and better. The screenshots look so deep, intense and almost scary. What a style, Goldmund, what a style indeed!

It'd be a considerable understatement to say that I'm looking forward to the day you finish the game.

Goldmund

Vlad: now that's a proper nickname for somebody that would fancy my game.
Thank you!
As for the trailer, I'd rather put more work into finishing the game itself; if the process takes too long, I'll think about it -- you know how those updates in the "gip" forum work, just to hear something from outside that will keep you going, heh...

GarageGothic: there are only 2-3 backgrounds based on pictures Dominika took and some drawn by me.
The rest are collages from photos found on the net.
I'd have an uneasy conscience about that, but the thing is they are changed so much that I think of the process as something like "creative recycling"...
for example, check the photo that I used as a base for the lake scene above:
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c115/HRottweiler/river.jpg
and some are changed even more.
Of course, I'd never attempt to sell the game - due to this fact - or claim that I "made the backgrounds".

As for the vampire theme, I have to make a disclaimer: I never sticked by the "hard facts" of vampirysm if they collided with my story... it's more about fear of un/death and abusing others. I'm trying to make psyche level rechargeable much like in Fahrenheit; I found it enlarges your immersion if you have to care for characters - for example, to wash their clothes etc.

And - yes! It's a blonde wig Donna wears through the second half of the game to remain incognito. Along with sunglasses it creates a very Lynchian effect... ;-)

Also, I'm sure you cannot look forward to playing Donna more than I do for Shadowplay!

Linus - that's a great thing to hear, thank you! I hope that in the end the game will have something more than style to offer.

Goldmund

Darth Mandarb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk