[RELEASED] Incinerations

Started by Scorpio82, Sun 19/12/2010 17:48:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Scorpio82

Hi all!

I've been posting on and off around here with random questions, and now after five years of development, I think I've gotten enough finished to unveil my pet project to the AGS community.  "Incinerations" is a game inspired by the Space Quest series (as well as modern sci-fi games like Halo, Mass Effect, Half-Life and Starcraft.)  It uses pre-rendered 3D graphics developed in Maya, and over 40 minutes of video cut-scenes.

While this trailer is entirely made up of videos, the actual game-play will be more in the style of the old-school Sierra games, with a traditional 4-cursor interface.

Click here to watch the magic!

As it sits:
Script/Programming: 95%
Video Cut-Scenes: 95%
Sprites/Backgrounds: 95%
Music/Sound: 15%

There's still a lot of clean-up to be done, and as you can see, I'm WAY behind in the music department (due to my lack of musical talent.)  So I may be recruiting musicians shortly.  I'm also going back and adding puzzles and cut-scenes to better pace the game experience.  Otherwise, the game is on-track and if I can get it scored within the next several months, it might be slated for a 2011 release.

EDIT: And as I've been kindly reminded by the moderator - here's some screenshots!

dec 28 edit: changed the thread's title so all new info on the game can be stored here

Igor Hardy

If it's a Space Quest game then it's looking really really neat. But if not, why the blond janitor hero and Space Quest theme music?

Darth Mandarb

puts on moderator hat...

Please read the Forum Rules and post two (in-game) screen shots!

takes off moderator hat and puts on Space Quest fan-boy hat (with an astral chicken on it)...

That video is amazing!  Extremely entertaining .... I hope the game is as good!

Tabata

That sounds (and looks) very interesting to me!
Had to lol, when the robos jumped like swimmer-ballet and also when the young man kicked the door. This trailer is great!  ;D

Will it have more action/shooter- or more of point & click-sequences?

selmiak

cool, looks funny. Is this is toilet spaceship at 0:42?!

Atelier

Dude, this is awesome. Brilliant job!

Mati256

Awesome clip, you should do a movie like it.
My Blog! (En Español)

Igor Hardy

Cool in-game screenshots too. Looks like the greatest impaling scene in an AGS game you've got there!

Snake

Incredible :)
Looks like it's gonna have some great humor and fun video clips to watch. I'm also wondering, is it a spoof of some sort of Space Quest, as mentioned previously by Ascovel? Or just completely inspired by it?

Also, unless I've missed some, the trailer just shows movie clips and no gameplay. Will there be a gameplay trailer out soon?
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

tzachs

That looks freakin' awesome, great job!
Like Snake, I'm also wondering about the gameplay.

Scorpio82

Thanks, everyone!

Quote from: Ascovel on Sun 19/12/2010 17:59:21
If it's a Space Quest game then it's looking really really neat. But if not, why the blond janitor hero and Space Quest theme music?

Oh?  I did not notice.  It must be a coincidence, because I am most assuredly not developing a fan-game.  Feel free to pass that on to any major software publisher and their lawyers, but only if they happen to ask. ;)

And ignore that last wink.  That was a typo.

Quote from: TabataWill it have more action/shooter- or more of point & click-sequences?

It's a traditional point-and-click Sierra-style adventure with four cursors (walk, look, interact, talk.)  There is, however, one arcade shooter sequence in the game.

Quote from: SnakeAlso, unless I've missed some, the trailer just shows movie clips and no gameplay. Will there be a gameplay trailer out soon?

The actual game-play is your average adventure game - walking, talking, picking up, dying, etc.  The screen-shots pretty much represent the in-game experience, and video of it would look out-of-place in the trailer.  I have no plans to create a game-play trailer, but down the road, I could probably release a demo or video play-through of the first ten minutes.

I have a few additional game-play screenshots located here.

Iliya

This is lovely! You can make a movie of that! :) It will be a great game! Good luck with the project, Scorpio82.

Snarky

Quote from: Scorpio82 on Mon 20/12/2010 04:02:57
Oh?  I did not notice.  It must be a coincidence

Hm, so this isn't a game where Roger Wilco, Gordon Freeman and Lara Croft get together to fight robots?  ;D

theo

Impressive! Very ambitious project to say the least. I wish you luck in finishing it!

Nice M41A by the way, any chance there are going to be xenomorphs involved?  ;D

PuNKKoMmANDO77

Congratulations , the game (the video :o) look AWESOME  ;D!!

Sslaxx

Quote from: Snarky on Mon 20/12/2010 11:19:38
Oh?  I did not notice.  It must be a coincidence

Hm, so this isn't a game where Roger Wilco, Gordon Freeman and Lara Croft get together to fight robots?  ;D
Amusing little FPS bit in that trailer. Interesting to see the earlier trailer too...

Oh, no smell or taste?
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Chicky

Lol at the alien gun, looks very action packed!  :=

Swordofkings128

Holy crap!

This will be utterly amazing. Good luck! :D

Igor Hardy

Quote from: Ascovel on Sun 19/12/2010 17:59:21

Oh?  I did not notice.  It must be a coincidence, because I am most assuredly not developing a fan-game.  Feel free to pass that on to any major software publisher and their lawyers, but only if they happen to ask. ;)

And ignore that last wink.  That was a typo.

All right. That's good enough for me. Good luck with finishing the game and making it as great as it looks!

Chicky

You've got some great looking screenshots on the facebook page, i recommend all members check them out!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk