AGS Awards 2010! [RESULTS!]

Started by , Sat 08/01/2011 17:55:06

Previous topic - Next topic

bicilotti

Voting is over!!! Check the results!.

AGS Awards 2010

What are the AGS Awards?
The AGS awards are an annual event where the best AGS games of the year are selected. The winners are chosen by you, with your vote!

How do they work?
There are two stages, nominations and vote. In the former, you nominate games that you think deserve to win; you can nominate as many games in as many categories you like. Read a list of nomination categories  here. Noms phase is closed! Peek at the noms here!
The top five nominees advance to the second phase: here you can cast just one vote in every category; the nominee with the most votes wins! Voting is over!

Where and when will the ceremony be held?
This year the ceremony will be held on AGS IRC, a chat channel for dudes and dudettes like us. The datetime is: Sat 5, Mar 2011 21:00 GMT!

Who's behind this?
This year the awards are organised by me (bicilotti), with the great help of CJ (forum-wide announcements and renewed nomination page) and Jake + Al Ninio (IRC ceremony).

I'm a non native english speaker. If you find mistakes in this post, or unidiomatic english, please spank me! I am a naughty boy!

ddq

Naturally, I will be campaigning for Oceanspirit Dennis as Best Player Character. This year's awards will be quite fun, I think!

cianty

Oh boy, I look forward to it!
ca. 70% completed

arj0n

Not that it really matters but the entry "Street Racing" is probably not
really a valid entry since it isn't an AGS game but a GameMaker file...

bicilotti

Thanks to our staunch chairman Chris Jones we now have

nomination page

And after last year's feedback:

✓ it's now possible to vote commercial games in every category
✓ there is a nice and big forum announcement for nomination phase too!

Nominations will close 30th January, at 23:30GMT

I am very grateful to Pumaman for his superb help! Show him live too!

Yes, I've stolen those symbols from Atelier. Ah!

bicilotti

Quote from: Arj0n on Sat 08/01/2011 20:51:45
Not that it really matters but the entry "Street Racing" is probably not
really a valid entry since it isn't an AGS game but a GameMaker file...

:o That should be erased from the DB  :o Thanks!

*PMs a mod

LRH

I nominated some of my own games as well as others of course. Is this frowned upon?

bicilotti

Quote from: Domithan on Sat 08/01/2011 22:37:06
I nominated some of my own games as well as others of course. Is this frowned upon?

Not at all! If you want to get in the shortlist I advise you to post in the FYC thread though!

Igor Hardy

Problem: Indiana Jones and the Seven Cities of Gold DEMO is not classified as a demo, therefore has little chance of getting nominated!

Wersus

Hmm... Is it so that if the game doesn't have a panel review, it can't be nominated as a short game (as it's a newly added game)?

Igor Hardy

Quote from: Wersus on Sun 09/01/2011 00:22:53
Hmm... Is it so that if the game doesn't have a panel review, it can't be nominated as a short game (as it's a newly added game)?

Really? That sucks! An awful lot of the listed games doesn't have a panel review yet, including the title I'm thinking about right now.

bicilotti

Quote from: Wersus on Sun 09/01/2011 00:22:53
Quote from: Ascovel on Sun 09/01/2011 00:30:30
Really? That sucks! An awful lot of the listed games doesn't have a panel review yet, including the title I'm thinking about right now.

Yes, I overlooked the fact that the panel is  now in charge to rate game length (and type, in case of non adventure games).

I've PM'd CJ, hopefully before midnight we'll come back with a solution.

If you have already nominated, pm me and I'll manually record your preference.

archived post here
I've asked CJ to manually move
   Shades of Greye
   Oceanspirit Dennis: Pirates on the Poopdeck!
   Barn Runner Halloween 1: Fully Automatic Mojo  
   Disquiet
to the non adventure category.  

Still, I've got in my hands a list of 16 non-rated games:

Episode 2: Redpants meets Robinson Clauseau
[ M ] Celtic Chaos - episode two : fishermen's fiends
[ M? ] Hard Space: Conquest of the Gayliks!
[ S ] Kitten Adventures
[ S ] The Astonishing Captain Skull
[ S ] Robolution
[ M ]Warning: Fragile! - Chapter I
[ M ] A Raindog Story
[ M ] Snakes of Avalon
[ S ] Abduction
[ S ] Oceanspirit Dennis: The Naked & The Ninja
[ S ] OceanSpirit Dennis: A Ray of Hope
[ S ] Echoes of Terra
[ S ] Dacey in the Dark - Prelude
[ M ] Professor Neely And The Death Ray Of Doom
[ S ] Fur Balls 1 - evil be thy name: Bundles of mayhem!
I can't play them all, so please help a wop out:
tell me which ones aren't short at all, so I can erase them from the list
tell me which ones are indeed short! These batch will be insta-submitted to the panelist for moving in "short games" category (short: <30mins).
I'd like to submit the list before midnight, so be quick!
edit: before each title you see the hypotetical category of nonrated games based on feedback I've received / my personal experience as a gamer.
People who provided feedback: ddq, Dualnames, bicilotti-looking-at-ultimategamessolutions, tabata, arj0n

arj0n

[M] Warning: Fragile! - Chapter I

m0ds

Nice one Bici, best of luck with this!

straydogstrut

Wow, there are a lot of very deserving games to nominate here - good work everyone!=)

I know this is just the nominations stage, and it's the first time i've voted in one of these so I might've misunderstood, but shouldn't there be a grace period for FYC posts before nominations are opened?

I mean, it seems that if I vote now I might miss any late FYC posts, yet the point of the thread seems to be to highlight any games we may have overlooked? Also if we're to suggest plausible categories for games, does that mean the current ones might change? IMO, for example, Blockz should come under more than just Best Demo.

Should I hold off my votes until closer to the end of the nominations phase then? *confused*

bicilotti

Quote from: straydogstrut on Sun 09/01/2011 17:40:12
Wow, there are a lot of very deserving games to nominate here - good work everyone!=)

I know this is just the nominations stage, and it's the first time i've voted in one of these so I might've misunderstood, but shouldn't there be a grace period for FYC posts before nominations are opened?

I mean, it seems that if I vote now I might miss any late FYC posts, yet the point of the thread seems to be to highlight any games we may have overlooked? Also if we're to suggest plausible categories for games, does that mean the current ones might change? IMO, for example, Blockz should come under more than just Best Demo.

Should I hold off my votes until closer to the end of the nominations phase then? *confused*

Hi stray!

Yes, a grace period could do for the noms stage (duly noted for 2011 :P), for this year keep in mind you have three weeks to make up your mind!

There was a slight problems with categories, but it has been almost completely corrected (I'll make an announcement on this thread soon) and they're not going to change!

My advice is: if you aren't an hardcore AGS player just give a week to try the games in FYC and then happy nominating!

bicilotti

Ok, categories are 100% sorted out! Everybody, say : "Thank you Pumaman!"

Get nominating, folks!

Igor Hardy

Wyz

Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

straydogstrut

Thank you Pumaman (and bicilotti)!

Hugs and kisses,

straydogstrut ;-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk