AGS Awards 2010! [RESULTS!]

Started by , Sat 08/01/2011 17:55:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Calin Leafshade

it's a selfsigned ssl cert. Its perfectly safe you just cant guarantee its bicis server.

YOU MIGHT BE GETTING A FAKE NOMINATION THINGY MADE BY SOME NEFARIOUS USER!

Best Game

Eternally Us
Eternally Us
Eternally Us
Eternally Us
Eternally Us

Please select 1.

Dualnames

Quote from: Ponch on Sun 06/02/2011 03:44:12
Quote from: bicilotti on Sun 06/02/2011 02:52:52
And please tell me what time/hours you'd be more likely able to attend the ceremony

I'm not sophisticated enough to attend things in cyberspace like you crazy kids do today. I can't afford one of those virtual reality suits and spinning chairs like I saw in that documentary The Lawnmower Man. Is there no chance we can get a downloadable ceremony like in years past? (For old farts like myself who avoid the information super highway because all you kids drive like maniacs?)  :'(

You got nominated goddamn you! You owe this to me! You know how much money did I send to bicilotti?!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Igor Hardy

Ah, what a nice thing to see after waking up! What a great thing to start a new day with! :)

Congrats to the nominees! And may the snakest ones win (something)!

bicilotti

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Sun 06/02/2011 03:46:02
Hey Bici, that url is throwing me an Untrusted Connection warning. Just so ya know. :P

I wrote https instead of the usual http. Now's corrected: please try and tell me if it is all ok.

Darius Poyer

Sweet presentation sir! seems I got some nominations for rein as well, like best short game and eh, something else. needless to say I'm fairly exited.

arj0n

URL is still written as https in your post :-)

Awesome presentation btw!!

Technocrat

Oh AWESOME! If Technobabylon doesn't win something I'm going to be pretty miffed, what with all those categories!

If it's on a weekend, I can probably join in any time. And if not...uhm...11am-6pm GMT?

tzachs

Wow, some really nice effects there!
And congratulations to all the nominees!

straydogstrut

Until then (hopefully tomorrow) here's a pathetic excuse for a noms presentation..

That was brilliant Bici! Loved the effects and congrats to all the nominees!=D

And please tell me what time/hours you'd be more likely able to attend the ceremony

I haven't used a chatroom for about 10 years (seriously) but I think I can dust off the old acronyms and figure out how to use an IRC client. Weekends are fine for me, or any time after 1830 GMT (of course, if the ceremony is to be held during the day then no worries).

Dualnames

I've got to say, if anyone hasn't used an irc client for ages, he may occasionally fail to do so on the exact night, so try joining just before the big night, see if you still can and stuff. Plus the more, the merrier!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

cianty

Congrats to the nomiated games! I see a lot of rightful entries there. It's good to see one's own favourites represented.

I don't think there's any doubt that the ceremony needs to take place on a weekend. By the way, how long will it roughly take?
ca. 70% completed

bicilotti

Quote from: cianty on Sun 06/02/2011 13:33:55
I don't think there's any doubt that the ceremony needs to take place on a weekend. By the way, how long will it roughly take?

40 minutes usually.

I'd say saturday night but many agsers prefer to go out and get drunk o saturday nights.
I'd like this ceremony to be inclusive to aussies and americans too (which could be impossible): 12AM Saturday (or sunday) anyone?

Snarky

Depends on what timezone you're talking about, doesn't it?

And I assume there'll be a voting period first? We're not moving straight from the nominations to the awards ceremony, are we?

Stupot

I made a list of all 20 nominated titles and the 5 demos so that I can try to make sure I've played them all.
Here it is incase anyone else finds it useful:

Spoiler
By the Numbers
Eternally Us
Infinity Bit
Operation Forklift
Space Pool Alpha
Hard Space
Rein
The Journey Down
Earl Bobby is Looking for a Loo
Oceanspirit Dennis: Blades of Passion
Ben Jordan Case 2: Deluxe
Death: Episode One
Professor Neely
Technobabylon - Part I
Technobabylon - Part II
Snakes of Avalon
A Woman for All Seasons
1st Drop
Barn Runner: Halloween 1
Kuma Story
Head Over Heels

and the demos:
Blockz
Indy and the Crystal Cursors
Indiana Jones and the Seven Cities of Gold
Matt to the Future
Quantumnauts
[close]

Congrats to all the titles on the list, and good luck to all parties!

LRH

bicilotti

Quote from: Snarky on Sun 06/02/2011 15:15:43
Depends on what timezone you're talking about, doesn't it?

And I assume there'll be a voting period first? We're not moving straight from the nominations to the awards ceremony, are we?

Ehehe, you and your democratic concerns! :P Of course there will be voting!  ;D

Aaand yes, depends on the timezones (simple clock algebra tells me that 12-6 or 12+8/9 could be bearable to non europeans. Keep your suggestions coming!)

*updates the wiki

bicilotti

Noms are officialy closed!

Igor Hardy

Quote from: bicilotti on Sun 06/02/2011 19:44:11
112 voted, more than doubling last year's number!

That's interesting, and it'd be the nice to keep that doubling tendency for future years.

Would it be possible to also reveal how many people voted during nominations in Awards 2007 and 2008?

theo

Sweet! Glad to see JD nominated for so many different awards.  :o Thanks all!

I can't believe my multi dimensional spaghetti code didn't make it to best programming though.  :=

Kick-ass presentation btw, bici!

bicilotti

Quote from: Ascovel on Sun 06/02/2011 20:05:04
Quote from: bicilotti on Sun 06/02/2011 19:44:11
112 voted, more than doubling last year's number!

That's interesting, and it'd be the nice to keep that doubling tendency for future years.

Would it be possible to also reveal how many people voted during nominations in Awards 2007 and 2008?

Being my second year in charge I am only sure of last year's numbers (i.e. 55). We should prod SSH leak some data!

Quote from: theo on Sun 06/02/2011 20:19:16
Kick-ass presentation btw, bici!

To everyone who liked it, thanks!

And congrats to the noms!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk