AGS 3.2.1 Final 3 - Spring Edition

Started by Pumaman, Sun 09/01/2011 18:59:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Calin Leafshade

Ah yea, i thought that might be a problem. I will take a look at that soon.

Thanks for the bug report.

hedgefield

Cool. Oh and another thing I just encountered related to that: adding a new piece of interaction code from the room editor like 'player walks onto region' or 'any click on hotspot' expands everything in the room script, regardless of whether it has to do with the code block you just added or not.

monkey0506

@tzachs:

The particular problem that you quoted is no longer relevant, but if you read my edit from that post you'll see where I'm at with it right now.

Basically I can make the combobox stop replacing the text if you type in a variant capitalization, but I cannot get the autocomplete cache to show the items properly (I believe it will search the items from the top of the list and suggest/display the first case-insensitive match).

My attempts to dynamically alter the autocomplete cache have been unsuccessful (errors ranging from "Attempted to read or write protected memory" to simply voiding out anything you attempted to type in the combobox). It seems that the autocomplete collection does not like to be modified while the combobox is active (has focus). If you know anything more about this than I do, feel free to help me out, or just toss it in yourself.

I'll PM you the modified files later.

Calin Leafshade

Checked in a fix for the folding/debugger issue.

AGD2

There's a problem I've been experiencing with 3.2 that I don't think occurred before.  The issue is that Theora movie files with the audio track encoded into the movie file stutter very badly. Every few seconds, the movie playback in AGS seems to freeze for a moment, the audio gets stuck in a glitch, and then the movie/audio continues.

On the other hand, if I encode the Theora video and play the audio track separately using the engine, the video stream still stutters but the audio doesn't. This results in the video and audio tracks losing sync.

I'm running an iCore7 system with a GTX295 video card, which is speedy, so it should have no problems with Theora playback. Also, it doesn't matter if the game is running with a graphics filter or no filter, in DirectDraw or Direct3D mode, or at 320x200 or 640x400, as I always get the same results.

I've tried encoding the Theora videos at various settings and bitrates with different encoders (normally, I use ffmpeg2theora), but no dice.

Any ideas if this could be related to the Theora player AGS uses in some way?

Dualnames

I found this bug, that's WAY annoying anymore. Okay, this happens surely on both 3.1.2 and 3.2.0. I'm using Windows 7. Okay, now when I compile the game, and go to the compiled folder to test it from, but before running the game adjusting the settings (it's regardless of the settings I set I think) all is well. When I click on compile or build all files without adjusting or running the files from the compile folder till that time, the editor either crashes or can't compile. Mostly the first.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

helios123

Looking at the forum posts, I see posts indicating that the source code is now in a subversion repository.

Is this repository open for all, or only for a select few developers, as I cannot seem to find the repository url in the forums (using the search feature)? Are anonymous checkouts allowed?  ???

And as far as SVN support in IDE is considered, I suggest those interested should give SharpDevelop a try, as it has built-in support for TortoiseSVN and can read/write Visual Studio solution files.

That's all for now,
helios123

Matti

The editor source code has been released and is open for anybody.

Edit: I just realized that the link is broken. You could PM Chris (Pumaman) and ask for an updated link.

Calin Leafshade

svn is here:

https://svn.adventuregamestudio.co.uk:7743/svn/ags/

guest access:

user: guest
no password.

If you want check in rights you'll have to get CJ to issue you an account.

helios123

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll check out the code and have a look.   :)
That's all for now,
helios123

Pumaman

QuoteOh and another thing I just encountered related to that: adding a new piece of interaction code from the room editor like 'player walks onto region' or 'any click on hotspot' expands everything in the room script, regardless of whether it has to do with the code block you just added or not.

There's probably not much we can do about this, when you add something in the room editor it resets the script editor, so it's probably not possible to preserve the folding in this case.

QuoteChecked in a fix for the folding/debugger issue.

Thanks!

QuoteThere's a problem I've been experiencing with 3.2 that I don't think occurred before.  The issue is that Theora movie files with the audio track encoded into the movie file stutter very badly. Every few seconds, the movie playback in AGS seems to freeze for a moment, the audio gets stuck in a glitch, and then the movie/audio continues.

Hmm, has anyone else had any problems like this with 3.2.x?

QuoteOkay, this happens surely on both 3.1.2 and 3.2.0. I'm using Windows 7. Okay, now when I compile the game, and go to the compiled folder to test it from, but before running the game adjusting the settings (it's regardless of the settings I set I think) all is well. When I click on compile or build all files without adjusting or running the files from the compile folder till that time, the editor either crashes or can't compile. Mostly the first.

When it crashes what is the error message?
When it can't compile what is the error message?

Anyway, 3.2.1 Final is now released. Please give it a go and let me know if you find any problems.
If not, this will hopefully make it to the website as the new official version of AGS :)

Pumaman

I know they say that no news is good news, but I'm not so sure if that's the case here!

So before I go ahead and release this version officially, could those of you that are using this 3.2.1 Final release please post your experiences, good and bad, so that I can see if it has been widely tested enough to make it an official release :)

dbuske

Seems to work fine except for two things.
1. The sprite manager keeps flipping the resolution back to 460x400 460x480 after editing the sprite.
2. I have only been able to get 2 modules to work.  agsblend and fmod.  the others I tried do not even show up on the list.
What if your blessings come through raindrops
What if your healing comes through tears...

Grim

I think I encountered a nasty bug when using copy/paste loop option....

Seemingly, the loop gets copied and frames show sprites like they should on the screen. But when I go into preview mode, loop 2 contains no frames... Nothing at all. You can see here:

Game crashes too, with an error of: loop 2 does not contain any frames.

It seemed like such a cool option but is clearly broken... I'm reporting it here, as requested by CJ.

Dualnames

Quote from: Pumaman on Sun 20/02/2011 20:14:17
QuoteOkay, this happens surely on both 3.1.2 and 3.2.0. I'm using Windows 7. Okay, now when I compile the game, and go to the compiled folder to test it from, but before running the game adjusting the settings (it's regardless of the settings I set I think) all is well. When I click on compile or build all files without adjusting or running the files from the compile folder till that time, the editor either crashes or can't compile. Mostly the first.

When it crashes what is the error message?
When it can't compile what is the error message?

Anyway, 3.2.1 Final is now released. Please give it a go and let me know if you find any problems.
If not, this will hopefully make it to the website as the new official version of AGS :)

Unable to register for Vista Game Explorer: Unable to load the custom icon: EndUpdateResource failed

That's the message I get. This appears on the output window.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

tzachs

Quote from: Grim on Sun 27/02/2011 22:16:19
I think I encountered a nasty bug when using copy/paste loop option....

Thanks Grim, I checked in a fix for that into the dev branch.

Jackpumpkinhead

i cant wait for a stable version of this
currently on an indefinite hold.

cianty

ca. 70% completed

Joe

Copinstar © Oficial Site

monkey0506

A "stable build" does not mean a build that is 100% totally bug free, nor does it strictly imply a formally released "official" version. Just because some bugs exist does not mean this isn't a stable build. I've been using this release since it was uploaded and haven't even personally encountered any of the existing bugs that have been brought up, nor have I encountered any bugs at all.

There are some bugs which persist from prior versions of AGS that I am aware of, but since I am already aware of them I can work around them appropriately, and it doesn't mean that prior versions themselves aren't stable.

This version as it stands, despite a few bugs here or there, is very stable.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk