Tune Activity Fun Show - Be active and competitive - 20th to 27th January

Started by Le Woltaire, Wed 19/01/2011 13:40:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Le Woltaire

As you probably already know after a brief conversation and permission by Biciclotti I will make a new Tune contest.

Do you know these TV shows where they want you to be active?

Let's say:
- Aerobic shows: Where you can see a sexy girl with lots of ugly overweight persons in the background and they are very active.
- Far eastern meditation TV shows: Where you can see a meditative group and all have to behave like Buddha in the same dress..
- Telecollege mathematics TV shows: Where a math nerd is trying to tell you and a group of monkeys how intelligent integrals are.
- Shopping TV shows: Where you and a group of housewifes get convinced about Doctor-Schnitzwurzhuber's-mixing-hoover-vibratorâ,,¢.

Well, if you know any of these things then let me tell you that I don't like them...
They are somehow disgusting and should probably be stopped...

However I want you to become as active as all those persons that are mentioned above
and write a tune that could be the background music for one of these activity shows...

You can freely choose what activity has to be promoted by the show...

A MIDI example

matthewmcmurry

I'm more than likely gonna enter this, just need to find a time to record the track.  :P

Viking

A rather rushed entry:

Hurry!

Scored for chamber orchestra (2-2-2-2 3-2-2-1 + perc. + strings).  It should be longer, and it sounds rather Shostakovich/Kabalevsky-ish, but I only had a few hours to work on it and I'm already past the deadline (excuses, excuses).

I didn't have any particular activity in mind, it's just supposed to sound like music that encourages the listener to hurry up!

Le Woltaire

Viking is the winner.

Actually is sounds a bit like the circus background music, where the fettucini brothers are practicing their canon show...

Viking

Cool, thanks!  Actually, I was just playing the remake of MI1 a few months ago with my son.  Maybe some of that music got stuck in my subconscious. ;)  Actually, about halfway through composing this I realized that it sounded an awful lot like part of Kabalevsky's Comedians Suite.  Oh well...hopefully something more original next time!

Anyway, off to think of a new topic.  I'll post here shortly.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk