Sprite Jam: The Game (4th to 18th of March) - Winner announced

Started by OneDollar, Fri 04/03/2011 21:05:44

Previous topic - Next topic

OneDollar

You've just come off the phone with the head of a major studio. They're considering turning one of their movies or TV shows into a game, and after discovering the AGS forums they've decided adventure games are the future! Now they want you to show them a mockup of what it might look like!

Take a famous movie or TV show character and turn them into an adventure game sprite. You'll get serious bonus points for a mocked up screenshot of the game in action.

No restriction on colours or size, as long as it's something AGS can handle.

DuncanFx

I've been playing around with the idea of making an Austin Powers-esque game for a little while, so this seemed like the ideal opportunity to sprite up the man himself. Will try to mock-up a background for him sometime next week if I can find the time.

Sughly

Sam Bell from 'Moon'. Haha, looks nothing like Sam Rockwell... but I don't care! Got a bit lazy with the shading too. I think this story would've been great in adventure form...

straydogstrut

Haha, Sughly that's fantastic, I loved that film=D

EDIT: Friday already?! Gah! This one never evolved beyond an idea=( I'll have to (dis)gracefully bow out, sorry.

Excellent entries everyone!

Chicky

Awesome sprites so far, really like Sughly's entry as Moon is one of my top films. His expression is spot on!

Anian

I wanted to quit right after starting but what the hell. Photoshop did a mess of the picture, but it could be fixed in another program if necessary. And I swear it looked like Brad Pitt when I was drawing it.  ;D

Anyway I'm all for bouns points to make up for lack of drawing skill - Fight club adventure game, with Tyler Durden and a soap making puzzle, you have to put the fat in the boiling water and skim the tallow (3 times) then pour it in an empty milk carton and put it in the fridge. Sunglasses are for a puzzle when visiting Marla.

I don't want the world, I just want your half

OneDollar

Great entries so far everyone, and nice work on that mockup anian.

OneDollar

Right, I think we've seen the last of the 18th of March for a while, so time to bring this to a close.

DuncanFX: A nice, simplistic style, but still showing lots of character. I think Austin fits the cartoony style you went for quite well.
Sughly: Love the detail you've put into this, and the face is great. I suspect it would be a nightmare to animate, but it looks really good.
Anian: I can see Tyler in there, a nice clean sprite with good proportions. Nice work on the mockup too, 'Steal' instead of 'Pickup' is a cool touch.

All good entries, but I'm going to pick Sughly as this Jam's winner. Congratulations!

Sughly

Woo!  :D

Thanks OneDollar! Nice entries all round indeed. And yes, I wouldn't be putting up my hand in a hurry to animate him  ;D

New sprite jam up soon...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk