MAGS February: "Submerged" (CLOSED)

Started by Atelier, Wed 02/02/2011 18:49:03

Previous topic - Next topic

DuncanFx

I'm out of this one. :( I got something started, but I'm just too busy for the next two weeks to devote the time I'd want to it.

Good luck everyone else, I look forward to seeing what is produced.

Armageddon

If I could actually get some ags code working I'd be in, but sadly I have over 20 games and all of them the code does not work...

Tamanegi

Well that's a shame, I was looking forward to seeing so many entries...

@Armageddon: If you have problems getting the code to work correctly, why not ask in the help section? Khris does an amazing job solving problems :-) And there are many more that are willing to look over portions of your code and tell you what's wrong.
Don't Look! MAGS 12-2010
Mediocre Expectations Current development blog

Armageddon

Well the thing is I don't even know how to code. And I love making 9-verb games but the template is very messy.

WHAM

I just got my gameplay portion off to my beta tester for bug-hunting. 11 Days from start to beta!

EDIT: just got the gameplay portion tested for bugs, should be pretty healthy now. Then to create the cutscenes and tidy up the dialogue.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

WHAM

Sorry for doubleposting, but I just wanted to know: Is there still someone else than me participating?
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Monsieur OUXX

Funny coincidence, I was considering adding an underwater sequence for the game I'm developing, and I was thinking : "Let's do it big and let's do it 3D - with a short clipping distance and a heavy blue fog effect and 320x200 that should do it". Daggerfall-like.
But the game is in a too primitive state right now, unfortunately.

Pinback

Quote from: WHAM on Tue 15/02/2011 10:32:48
Sorry for doubleposting, but I just wanted to know: Is there still someone else than me participating?

Yep, I'm working on a little something for this too. Couldn't help it, too cool a MAGS theme to pass up.

Dualnames

Quote from: Pinback on Tue 15/02/2011 15:37:43
Quote from: WHAM on Tue 15/02/2011 10:32:48

Yep, I'm working on a little something for this too. Couldn't help it, too cool a MAGS theme to pass up.
grabs whip
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Calin Leafshade

Oh man, I wish I'd done this. My 'submerged' idea was rad.

Whoever wins please make the next theme "Science" so i can still use my idea :D

Radiant

Quote from: Chicky on Wed 02/02/2011 19:55:50
I'm pretty sure you have to 'make a game that takes place under water'  :=

Or perhaps it's "make a game underwater" :P

Atelier

Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Wed 16/02/2011 14:46:42

DuncanFX is setting the theme for March, so I'm sure he'd be more than willing to give you his paypal details :) I would also require a substantial amount. Looks like this game of yours might have to go commercial Calin ;)

And this is for Pinback and WHAM's eyes ONLY:

Spoiler

1 vote = £1

[close]

Kweepa

Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

DuncanFx

Quote from: Atelier on Wed 16/02/2011 17:22:52
Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Wed 16/02/2011 14:46:42
DuncanFX is setting the theme for March, so I'm sure he'd be more than willing to give you his paypal details :) I would also require a substantial amount. Looks like this game of yours might have to go commercial Calin ;)

I am rather broke right now, so the cash would do me nicely. ;D Although the idea I'm thinking of so far is quite open to genre, so hopefully it'll still be good for you Calin.

Wyz

Quote from: Radiant on Wed 16/02/2011 16:23:02
Quote from: Chicky on Wed 02/02/2011 19:55:50
I'm pretty sure you have to 'make a game that takes place under water'  :=

Or perhaps it's "make a game underwater" :P

That's no good, unfortunately my computer isn't water tight. :(
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

WHAM

Quote from: Kweepa on Wed 16/02/2011 19:25:16
Don't forget the eye candy.
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=38592.0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP1iFfDPXvY
Maybe at last someone will use the Underwater module in a completed game!

Nooooo! This just might come too late! I'll have to see if I can get this added up and make my game PRETTY!

WHAM

Intro now has 90% of graphics, the final 10% I need a few reference fotographs for, which a friend of mine is supposed to supply by sunday.

Outro graphics are now about 50% done.

All graphics should be done by the end of the week, and all scripting is already done, so...

SO CLOSE!

Also: I know that you're supposed to do everything from scratch, so will using a few royalty-free stock photos get me disqualified? I'd hate to have to either remove them, or try drawing them myself, 'cause they will just not look nearly as nice then...

EDIT: Just got the photos! Lookin'n gooooood!

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I wish I had sufficient time for this.  It would be great to revisit my never-made THC entry Deep Freeze and actually get something playable out of it.  Oh well :(

I wouldn't worry about canned backgrounds.  People use canned music all the time.

Atelier

Quote from: ProgZmax on Fri 18/02/2011 08:25:32
I wish I had sufficient time for this.  It would be great to revisit my never-made THC entry Deep Freeze and actually get something playable out of it.  Oh well :(

I wouldn't worry about canned backgrounds.  People use canned music all the time.

I can always give a few days extension if you want to join in, depending on how long you think it will take (considering February is only 28 days long anyway).

WHAM

All graphics and script is now done, working and mostly tested.
Sounds are now being picked and implemented, and finishing touches should be in place early next week.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk